Ercarnar

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – songs played #35232
    Ercarnar
    Participant

Oh man, if I could hear Gullible, Uberpilgrim, Watersound and the Crucible would be SO great.

Actually, give me Gullible and I will die happily. Hope to get it in Genova or Milan (if I get it to the concert)

in reply to: Motorpsycho vs Van Halen #35115
      Ercarnar
      Participant

Hi, big Van Halen fan here (shame on all of you who are not! :evil: ).

I don't think there are many similarities within the two songs, except for the chorus sung in a similar way. As Supernaut said, it's just a generic shared rocking DNA.

Anyway, if I ever discovered that MP got their inspiration from my favourite band for one of the tracks from my favourite album (HMF) I think my head would literally blow up.

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34502
        Ercarnar
        Participant

I agree with most of what has been written, but one thing really makes me disagree

I think Gullible's Travails is my favourite track, no wasted moments there in my opinion, not even a second. It all builds up until it explodes, it's just a different type of improvvisation.

Punj, I really love the fact that there is somebody with such a strong enthusiasm as you in this forum. I usually don't write a lot because I feel like a child getting excited for small things. But I see I'm not the only one :D thank you. Also, listening to prog rock on himalaya is like the most badass thing I can think of :D

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34473
          Ercarnar
          Participant

Listened to the record twice.

Not particularly impressed, but I like it!

The Crucible has some amazing parts that I really like, also I love long tracks, so…

Lux Aeterna is a great song too, a few links with VDGG and King Crimson which might be a minus for some are quite funny for me, and there are many beautiful things to discover yet.

Psychotzar is (interestingly) the one that least got me, but I'm quite sure that a live performance will be enough to make me change my mind. Heavyness is often not percieved by listening to records, you have to be there…like On a Plate, when I first heard it live it blew me away while it was a song I didn't particularly like before.

Oh, nothing wrong with gongs and cowbells, they fit perfectly in the song!

Actually, at the third listening, I'm already statting to like it more :D

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34429
            Ercarnar
            Participant

That's interesting, I always felt Kenneth was mind blowing as far as "impact" in the band!

in reply to: funny/ weird moments during MP gig #34617
              Ercarnar
              Participant

Oh, another Mötorhead related thing:

Bloom, 2013 – the band got on stage and, with a Lemmy-voice, Bent announced "We are Motorpsycho…and we play Rock!"

[Lemmy used to introduce the band saying "We are Mötorhead…and we play Rock and Roll!" ("And we'll kick your ass!" was the earlier version)]

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33836
                Ercarnar
                Participant

HELL YEAH! Can't wait for Trezzo! I hope to get to Bologna too. Last year it was Parma, not Bologna (I think)

in reply to: funny/ weird moments during MP gig #34609
                  Ercarnar
                  Participant

Well, here are some small things that made me laugh.

-Bloom, 2012: During a song from TDDU (I think it was "Into the Gyre"), when Bent had to play a long and LOUD open string on its bass, he opened his arms showing bat-like wings attached to his shirt, making horns with his hands like Gene Simmons did :D

-Same concert: After the TDDU set, the band took a short break and TOS came out on stage with a cardboard showing (in italian) "We'll be back in 10 minutes!"

-Bloom, 2013: Bent introduced the band in italian with a very funny accent

-The funny dance they do in "Mountain" always makes me smile :D

-Magnolia, 2016: a stupid guy from the audience shouted a request, and Bent answered funnily:

"The Ace of Spades!"

"The Ace of Spades?"

"Yes, Lemmy passed away and your name comes from him!"

"Benty?"

"Lemmy!"

"I'm sorry, my name is not Benty"

Some might think it might be a little rude as an answer, but the truth is that the guy was rude, shouting random and incorrect things in the middle of a concert…my answer would have been much more impolite.

-Parma, 2017: before playing "The Golden Core", Bent said "This is one of those songs that if you know it please…DON'T sing along!"

in reply to: Anybody up for a new tribute record? #32997
                    Ercarnar
                    Participant

I might try recording something, even if right now I'm quite buisy (moving to a new town, looking for another job, recording my band's new record…).

Contributions would be great: if somebody needs a guitar/drum/bass/vocal track but can't play/sing it we could help each other. BUT…everybody should have ideally the same DAW, or at least record with the same specifications and quality, it might get complicated!

in reply to: Oh how I miss that Motorpsychodelic heaviness… #33464
                      Ercarnar
                      Participant

I might disappoint with my answer, but I really enjoy almost each direction the band takes with every album.

And by that I don't mean I'm one of those who take everything their favourite band does as pure gold and glorifies it, I simply think that most of the things they do, they really do them good.

I like their proggy and spaced-out stuff A LOT, so the last records (from Little Lucid Moments) are really my favourites, and I must admit I'm not a great fan of their 90s records; of course there are MANY songs I love from that period too, but not entire albums.

"The Tower", for example, surprised me both in a positive and "not-so-negative" way:

-positive because I loved Kenneth's drumming, and even if quite different, Thomas' one is really great too!

-positive because there are some really SICK tracks

-negative because it felt -to me- like they might have experimented a bit more…BUT the live shows confirmed that they're more than ready to do that, so…no real disappointment!

As Bent and Snah told in the interwiew that has been translated in another thread, they don't like to repeat themselves. I think that's the reason why you might not find that kind of heavyness in their new stuff, but different shades of it.

And man, those shades are all beautiful!

Ercarnar
                        Participant

As a Italian fan, thank you for showing me this gem. I never knew they released this interwiew! If you have doubts about the second part of the video let me know, I'll be glad to help with the translation

in reply to: The guys are in studio #33287
                          Ercarnar
                          Participant

CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT.

Roadworks V and last tour prooved that the band is in great shape, Reine and Kristoffer joined the trio here and there…I'd love to hear some other collaborations on this new record!

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32790
                            Ercarnar
                            Participant

@ Wulf: I didn't know that! I last heard it in 2013 and it was sung like the original, so I thought it never changed. Cool!

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32786
                              Ercarnar
                              Participant

Well, just to return to the topic for a moment:

Anybody thinks Taifun feels a bit different sung lower?

Don't misunderstand my words: it's still abso-fucking-lutely amazing!

But am I the only one which, at his first listen, thought "Whoa! That was unexpected!" as soon as the voice kicked in?

Off topic: I'm one of those old-fashioned CD lovers, but I must admit Digital Download and storing is the future, since it even offers a higher audio quality than CD

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32737
                                Ercarnar
                                Participant

Damn, I hope to get my RW V copy as soon as possible :P

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994