Ercarnar

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Tower tour – intro/outro #31577
    Ercarnar
    Participant

I can't remember if they changed it right before they got on stage, but in Trezzo a sort of Best of from Kiss was playing before the show. I remember

I stole your love

Deuce

Shout it out loud

Black diamond

Probabily Love gun, Christine sixteen and Strutter

And many others, can't remember what was played after.

I can remember that the two shows from the HBM tour I attended had the same opening theme. It sounded something like classical Music, with violin as a main instrunent. I know it because in Pordenone I heard that melody, and in Segrate I switched on my portable recorder as soon as that piece kicked in since I recognized it. AND if I'm not wrong, after the Segrate show Deuce by Kiss kicked in (have to listen to the record to be sure, I'll let you know asap)

Oh, does any italian fan know what was played before the 2012 Bloom concert? I remember a sort of super cool, long, growing jam getting louder and louder before the show

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31545
      Ercarnar
      Participant

Karmadrome, I'm glad I found at least one who has my same thoughts on the band :cheers:

I have to admit, I have a preference for the 2010-present period BUT that doesn't mean I don't like the rest (maybe California Dreaming… :mrgreen: ) lots of favourites are from AADAP or Trust Us, LTEC…

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31535
        Ercarnar
        Participant

BronYAur, if somebody asked our opinion separately it would be hard to make them believe that we both love the same band :mrgreen:

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31525
          Ercarnar
          Participant

I have a friend who loves Neverland…and I don't think it is such a terrible song, but as we were sayin', it's a matter of tastes

in reply to: California EP #30712
            Ercarnar
            Participant

Bought sunday evening in Trezzo, it's a cool little thing to have. I personally would have preferred to have Quick Fix on the record instead of A.S.F.E. :mrgreen: :lol: :oops:

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31496
              Ercarnar
              Participant

Sorry for the confusion guys (Phoot's Flower and Plex) :mrgreen:

Anyway, I think that some of Kristoffer's keyboard parts and his "onstage presence" were a bit too much, but still he is a REALLY amazing musician and gave a great contribution to the show

in reply to: Cave Tyrannis #31429
                Ercarnar
                Participant

My setlist from tonight says "Un Chien sull'Adda" :lol: :lol: :lol:

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31490
                  Ercarnar
                  Participant

Ghost was Ghost from Behind the Sun, an amazing louder version of the song. Great concert, nothing more to say. Chien d'Espace and Vortex Surfer were perfect. Even if I still prefere Kenneth I think Thomas is a great replacement and fits the band greatly.

From the front row the sound was great (I was in front of a small speaker for the front rows audience) so I suppose it might have been even better towards the center.

I managed to get two setlists (that's my hand in the photo) so I gave one to Plex who came from Spain and was standing right next to me! Meeting another Psychonaut from abroad is always great!

in reply to: 2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma #31449
                    Ercarnar
                    Participant

God, I hated those guys

in reply to: Poll: How many shows have you attended? #31362
                      Ercarnar
                      Participant

7, 8 if we consider the one I'll go to tonight.

2012 Bloom, Mezzago*

2013 Bloom, Mezzago**

2014 Live Club, Trezzo**

2016 Deposito, Pordenone

2016 Magnolia, Segrate***

2017 Prog Fest, Veruno

2017 Campus Industry, Parma

2017 Live Club, Trezzo

* w/Ståle

** w/Reine

*** best concert of my life, I don't think I'll ever see anything that great again

in reply to: 2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma #31446
                        Ercarnar
                        Participant

I have to agree with the negative comments about the sound. I was in first row and then moved towards the center of the audience. I don't think drums were too quiet, i could hear them without effort, but Snah's guitar was painfully loud… I play and love loud music (I mean, I went to a Sunn O))) concert too) but that was really ear piercing. And as somebody else pointed out, keyboards' volumes were not mixed very well.

Despite all this, it still was an amazing concert…in my opinion the only "weak" point was ASFE, but maybe it's just me not particularly liking the song

in reply to: 2017-11-04 The Cage Theatre Livorno #31454
                          Ercarnar
                          Participant

Damn, some of the songs I really hoped to hear were played yesterday, I doubt I will hear them tonight in Trezzo :cry:

Anyway I was in Parma, and heard some really good ones there too: The Golden Core was superb, and I really hoped to hear Heartattack Mac, which was played too

I still hope to hear Stained Glass, Vortex Surfer (tonight it will be my 8th MP concert and never got to hear it :cry: ), Year 0 and Taifun…

in reply to: Hello! New member #30865
                            Ercarnar
                            Participant

Welcome on board! I remember discovering MP seven years ago (I'm quite a new fan too after all) and how wonderful this new world was. You'll see you won't get tired of this anytime soon :D have a nice trip!

in reply to: The Tower #30554
                              Ercarnar
                              Participant

Here's my humble opinion on the record after I have listened it a few times.

The band feels inspired, and Thomas fits nicely in this new context.

I must admit that thete are a few songs that I don't like very much (and as always, looks like I'm the only one to dislike them :oops:) and they are:

-A.S.F.E.: I really can't get over the completely flat drumming from start to finish and the very narrow dynamic of the song, which still has some GREAT potential, but to me it could have been much better. I am curious to hear it live, things might change a little. Still, I think that they wanted it to sound that way (the title says it all)

-The Cuckoo: actually the only thing that I don't like is the verse/chorus part, all the instrumental bits of the song sound really amazing!

-The Maypole: simply doesn't catch me, still a nice and different song!

Also, one thing I don't particularly like is the overall sound of the record, feels a bit "Modern" to me but that (as everything else) is completely subjective :)

But hey! There are MANY things I love in this record too!

The title track is great, full of the right mix of energy, groove and cool melodies, reminds me (in some ways) Hell 1-3, Cornucopia and some other cool and powerful songs from the Kenneth era (which I love).

Bartok of the Universe is a blast, powerful and aggressive which keeps me holding my breath from start to finish, one of those songs to listen at full blast on car when you're late :lol: when they played it live in Veruno it blew me away, while…

Intrepid Explorer blew my mind. Great psychedelic track which builds up incredibly well (expecially live)

Stardust is a beautyful song, reminds me a lot Crosby Stills and Nash from Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, but since the band clearly proves that doesn't need to copy old masters of music to make something great, I think it is cool to hear a nod to the past

In every dream home is a nice song, not my favourite, but still cool 8)

A Pacific sonata is a really beautiful sounding song, sweet and quiet in the beginning with super tasty playing and singing by Snah, groovy and psychedelic in the rest of the song. I like the hippieness of the acoustic parts of this record :lol:

Ship of fools is just great, nothing else to say about it :)

Sorry for this long message, but since this is the only place to speak with more than one Motorpsycho fan it felt right :cheers:

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30181
                                Ercarnar
                                Participant

Another Italian guy here, I'll surely be in Trezzo and at the Prog festival in september and hopefully I'll attend the Parma show too. Have you tried to buy the tickets yet? I tried a few days ago in a TicketOne point but the woman told me that the ticket wasn't on sale yet…that's strange

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994