2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma

Home Forums General 2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Very good concert, very bad sound (who stole the drums???)

I forgot the setlist in my car, I'll get it later in the morning, sorry :)

Briefly, they played all the Tower album except the two acoustics and Internet Explorer.

Than they played No Evil, In our Tree, Hey Jane, Superstooge, You Lied, Heartattack Mac, Kill Some Day, Feel, Plan #1, Mountain and the Golden Core… 2h40!

Notably enough, this was a KENNETH-FREE concert: nothing was played from the Kenneth-era albums!

I suppose it never happened in this tour?

Be
    Participant

Kill Some Day! Yeah! One of my favourites.

Juergen
      Participant

Thank you for the setlist (I hope that it will be confirmed).

I can't find any song from the "Kenneth-era" in Biel, either. Did I overlook anything?

Biel, Coupole 01.11.17

Ship Of Fools

Upstairs/Downstairs

In Every Dream Home

Heartattack Mac

Mountain

Un Chien D’Espace

A Pacific Sonata

The Cuckoo

A.S.F.E.

Go To California

Bartok Of The Universe

In Our Tree

High Time

You Lied

The Tower

The Golden Core

"Internet Explorer" is probably the cutest variation of a song name so far ;)

otherdemon
        Participant

@Jurgen: Nope, no Kapstad-era songs in Biel, either.(if that's the accurate setlist)

another epic GC as encore

Golden core

marc
          Participant

Bartok

Kill Sime Day

Dream Home

Mountain

Heartattack Mac

Ship of Fools

Pacific Sonata

Cuckoo

ASFE

In our tree

You lied

Superstooge

No Evil

Hey Jane

Plan #1

Tower

Feel

The Golden Core (not on the setlist, but it apparently happened)

2h40min

As transcribed from a photo on Facebook

Setlist correct, but then they came out again for Golden Core. Which was apparently out of setlist. Well, great gift then!

marc
            Participant

Just fix it. Thanks

shakti
              Participant

I wonder why they seem to have dropped Intrepid Explorer entirely? It was one of the highlights in Larvik, I thought it worked extremely well live.

The Other Anders
                Participant

Seems they just don't play it every night for the time being. Instead A.S.F.E. seems to have moved in the opposite direction, from sporadic to regular.

Intrepid was last played four concerts ago in Frankfurt, four concerts before that, in Sint-Niklaas, and the day before in Amsterdam, while it was rested in Bremen and London. Before that it was a regular.

I agree that it worked very well in Larvik (judging by recording). Beautiful and far out, and almost 13 minutes long, while most versions have been around 11. Also in Copenhagen was it a highlight, with a great space-out.

Ironic that the song has not been part of what has been considered the most psychedelic concerts of the tour so far, like for instance Bremen, Brussels and Biel.

The Other Anders
                  Participant

Very intense version of Heartattack Mac. Overpowered in the loud parts, but the hauntingly beautiful ending is well worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-mp7SToMw

Highlights of the show:

Mountain double solo (kris ad Snah), and also the very final part, which was usually skipped live.

Heartattack Mac (also because it was my first one in thirtythree concerts!)

Superstooge central jam, very "Roadworkish"

The Tower – wow, powerful live beast!

The Golden Core

Weakest moments:

A.S.F.E. – very weak version compared to the other "Tower" songs

Pathetic Sonata – a good sleep

In Our Tree – are you serious!

elNibi
                    Participant

Nice concert yesterday in Parma,

Bent has the flu so the vocals were under the average, but they managed it

highlights:

Kristoffer Lo: he adds a great mood and attitude to the set, probably the best 4th member of the last 15 years.

Cuckoo: 1st big surprise of the new album, a bomb!

Heartattack Mac: I was waiting for it from 1997! finally. Very intense noise part, even a quite straight climax in the middle.

Superstooge: one of the best versions so far, great jam by Smah and Kristoffer with Ben just watching

The Tower: I was really impressed by this track live. on the album iT does not emerge from the others but live is massif, a real sonic attack, an instant classic IMHO

TGC: great and intense version, I'm double happy that it was not on setlist

Negative notes (sort of):

Sound. I rarely complain about sound but yesterday it was very bad at least until Superstooge! In the first 20 minutes it was really horrible and it spoiled kill some day. From plan n°1 the overall volume was 30-40% higher than before, I've never faced such changes. The drum was mostly inaudible (really). Terribily high keys at the beginning of TGC…bad

ASFE. No redemption in the live version, it was lame compared to the other rock n' roll tracks…as an example, the old "no evil" was way better

Ship of Fools. Maybe too long and the sound ruined the complex guitar interaction, not bad but I was hoping for more

In our tree. The real weak point of the setlist

Before the concert I've got a short talk with Bent with other italian psychonauts. He's very happy about the tour. I've found the way to give him a t-shirt of my band https://ultimobranco.bandcamp.com/

I'm confident that they will do an excellent show in Trezzo tomorrow :-)

Riccardo

shakti
                      Participant

Anders – you're right, it hasn't disappeared completely. I had not paid enough attention. I do like it a lot live though. Much more so than, for instance, Lacuna Sunrise, which is a nice theme but a lame jam.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994