supernaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,116 through 2,130 (of 2,164 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

translation! translation!

in reply to: New MP gig up on Dime #11899
      supernaut
      Participant

Woooo nice. I’m getting old, I like ambient music.

in reply to: Psychonauts: Who are you? #11886
        supernaut
        Participant

i cherish some amount of privacy so this is me going pete townshend a little time ago:

rockp.th.gif

in reply to: Off Topic #11863
          supernaut
          Participant

ah yes if in Hamburg, best vinyl shop: http://www.qype.com/place/22592-Zardoz-GmbH-Hamburg

got me the latest Cure album and the Who’s Quadrophenia with a nice picture book.

supernaut
            Participant

:D

saw a shop in town selling vinyl-machines for 6-700 euros…

in reply to: Off Topic #11862
              supernaut
              Participant

what’s yr band again?

in reply to: Off Topic #11861
                supernaut
                Participant

We do, jtr.

Yes I’m lucky to have a couple of brilliant vinyl shops in my hometown, so it’s probably easy for me to rant. :lol: But I also order some stuff online, CD’s and vinyl. Which is bad actually, I should support those shops more…

The most modern gadget I have is a Nintendo DSi, which plays music from SD cards. So I had to get itunes because of the DSi’s format requirement. All this to have music to listen to on a plane but it was way too loud in there. Bah. Went to Hamburg, awesome place btw.

in reply to: Off Topic #11858
                  supernaut
                  Participant

@jtr

Maybe some vinyl freaks are offended by the digital generation. Me I’m not. What offends me are two things that came along with the upcoming of digital distribution.

a) The customer’s demand. Customers think they got a right to art and its choice of container. Because they got the latest devices with tons of GB, they demand it be filled and switched and updated and whatnot. This must never be the artist’s concern.

b) The perception of art’s value. I know of people who are actually offended if they have to buy an album when they only like 2 or 3 songs on it. Art has become a self service supermarket.

And as the first bad consequence: More or less obviously there’s a demand for free music for everyone everytime everywhere a-creeping. Just because this is technically possible and totally zeitgeist and people have lost the ability to wait for an album release date.

In ye olde days music has inspired people, so they went and bought some technical things to listen to it. Now the gadgets inspire people, and they demand music to use them.

jesus, I’d make a good preacher.

in reply to: New album! #11699
                    supernaut
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      stop whining and buy a bloody record player on the flea market.

:MPD:

in reply to: Song of the Month, May: The Nerve Tattoo #11843
                      supernaut
                      Participant
                        Quote:
                        We obviously can’t live without making a comparence.

true.

but lemme still say: sonic youth could never have made Blissard.

in reply to: Song of the Month, May: The Nerve Tattoo #11839
                        supernaut
                        Participant

Sonic Youth copied STG, Heartattac Mac and Kill Devil Hills to make 20 records. Boo to them.

in reply to: Song of the Month, May: The Nerve Tattoo #11836
                          supernaut
                          Participant

Most MP records do sound “retro” in different ways, but Blissard was pure mid-90ties indie rock.

in reply to: Off Topic #11852
                            supernaut
                            Participant

I don’t think you were bashed by anyone. I didn’t bash you.

[preachyteachy mode ON]I see an open mind not as something one can claim from the other. It’s something one delivers in the first place. It’s how one deals with all the contradictionary point of views of all the others. It’s easy to tolerate same-thinking peers, there’s nothing open minded about that. [preachyteachy mode OFF]

In this special case: Allow the artist to make his art available as he sees fit and accept it without feeling screwed just because one prefers to get it on a different medium. The only one that got bashed in that topic was the band itself. By an open-minded fanbase of psychonauts.

in reply to: Off Topic #11849
                              supernaut
                              Participant
                                Quote:
                                Hell, I thought, I’ve always seen psychonauts as open people. And that thread was a bummer.

???

in reply to: Song of the Month, May: The Nerve Tattoo #11832
                                supernaut
                                Participant

“but thats OK. it doesn’t matter anyway. it’s still those with the least to say that will be heard…”

’nuff said. :D

btw my wish for next month’s song: “no evil”.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,116 through 2,130 (of 2,164 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994