Kid A

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Kid A
    Participant

Instrumental Space/Kraut Rock from Kiel, Germany: Kombynat Robotron. Their latest release -270 C is awesome. And they feature very nice coverartwork.

https://kombynatrobotron.bandcamp.com/

in reply to: New Music #34852
      Kid A
      Participant

And check out the new Godspeed You! Black Emperor

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38154
        Kid A
        Participant

Especially for a band like this, with fans who actually buy their physical albums. They will probably get higher and higher on the charts over the years, independently how strong the sales really are…

in reply to: Too many albums? #38826
          Kid A
          Participant

Mind that they did a proper EP with the leftovers of The Tower, the California EP.

in reply to: Too many albums? #38821
            Kid A
            Participant

I’m with you on this.

I would have released an EP with NOX.

And then compiled a double album out of KoO and the rest of AIO, leaving out Comorant, the AIO title track and all of the D Side of AIO.

Talking about AIO the track: it has something in it I like. But overall it’s too uninspired. I think this song is something they should have still worked and save it for some later release. Same with the AIO D-Side.

The KoO title track is one of the best on the new album, imo.

Maybe you should keep it in the back of your mind for the right mood? I’m sure, you can dig into it someday :wink:

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38147
              Kid A
              Participant

Made loud to be played loud

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38122
                Kid A
                Participant

@Johnny_Heartfield But MP got the better “I know you Rider” :P

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38106
                  Kid A
                  Participant

@GBD interesting. I see a clear structure in this album. Kicking off with classic proggy rock, the mood gets more and more sombre when it falls down into the abyss of The Watcher and Dreamkiller. Then Atet is some kind of bridge to the dreamy and emotionally strong final part, culminating in the scathing Lurker.

I understand what some of you say about feeling unfinished. But for me, that’s something really really satisfying. These songs will develop on stage over the years. And this will bring back some magic and surprise to the concerts that was in some way lost over the last decade.

Think of the long way Un Chien has come, or Hogwash, or Fool’s Gold.

When I hear this album I get chills down my spine when I imagine the next years of live performances.

:STG:

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38100
                    Kid A
                    Participant

@Bartok the credits say it’s actually produced by Mr Bent Sæther himself. But anyway, stay safe and I’m sure you’ll be around soon

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38069
                      Kid A
                      Participant

Wow! This one is really good! I cannot say it better than Supernaut. There is so much on this album. First favorites are The United Debased and At Empire’ s End ( AADAP vibe in the verses).

Just wow

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38397
                        Kid A
                        Participant

Just move on, nothing to see here. SNAFU

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38034
                          Kid A
                          Participant

Sounds ok-ish.

@fco
                            I also got this Behind the Sun association immediately. And interesting use of keyboards (?) or whatever. This is the tiny bit inside this track that keeps me hoping for some evolution of their sound to some new phase.

Wait for the complete thing and we will talk again :wink:

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38380
                            Kid A
                            Participant

@supernaut This! Thank you, I second you 100%.

(Unfortunately most of the time I’m writing on my phone and cannot express everything so detailed and lengthy like many fellow psychonauts here do. Sorry for that 8) )

in reply to: New Music #34836
                              Kid A
                              Participant

This is how prog can sound in 2021: Black Country, New Road. Reminds me of the mid 70s King Crimson sometimes, but with more horns :D

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38359
                                Kid A
                                Participant

Some thoughts and then I´m out, too

@Punj Thoughtful and reflective as ever, thank you

@suntripper Look up the term "false balance". In a scientific discussion, not every voice should be heard. Sometimes I think, every single vet on this planet had sth to say about Covid. I´ll stick to the virologists and epidemiologists that are recognized by the international scientific community. You can have different opinions how to deal with the facts (Close or open schools, lockdown or not and so on) but facts are facts and I think it´s ok to "silence" people, who just confuse other people with their self-rightous half-knowledge. Most of it is not about science, but about big egos.

And at last, we are ruled by the people we chose to. If they are sociopaths (and you´re right, most of them are), what does this say about us?

Peace out to all of you, stay safe, stay cool headed, care for your fellow men, listen to your heart and then maybe we all have a chance to safe the mothership.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994