Punj Lizard

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 935 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41135
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

London in June! :yahoo:

22.06.2023 London UK – O2 Academy Islington

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41129
      Punj Lizard
      Participant

Another Swiss show:

18.10.2023 SW Châtelaine – PTR Usine

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41117
        Punj Lizard
        Participant

Maybe they’ve found a drummer-cum-tabla player in Nepal and that’s the reason they’ve returned. :D

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41111
          Punj Lizard
          Participant

@Mark – I was wondering if they might add Vera, Groningen on the 15th, but nothing on Vera’s website as yet. I think they played Vera last time out, and they do seem to alternate – e.g. Köln last time, so Düsseldorf this time; Bremen last time, so Oldenburg this time.

Also, no Belgian, Lux or Swiss dates as yet. I would expect something will be announced for 15 and/or 16, and 18 and/or 19.

For now, as much as I’d love a return to Zakk, Düsseldorf, I have my eyes on a little NL tour this time around.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41108
            Punj Lizard
            Participant

Fall (updated)

08.10.2023 DE Hamburg – Knust

10.10.2023 DE Oldenburg – Kulturetage
              11.10.2023 DE Düsseldorf – Zakk
              12.10.2023 NL Tilburg – 013
              13.10.2023 NL Utrecht – TivoliVredenburg
              14.10.2023 NL Zwolle – Hedon

17.10.2023 DE Reutlingen – franzK

20.10.2023 IT Livorno – Cage
              21.10.2023 IT Cesena – Vidia
              22.10.2023 IT Roma – Orion

24.10.2023 IT Milano – Santeria Toscana 31

26.10.2023 DE Nürnberg – Z-Bau
              27.10.2023 DE Aschaffenburg – Colos-Saal
              28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol
              29.10.2023 DE Berlin – SO36

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Punj Lizard.
              in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41057
              Punj Lizard
              Participant

@ Boomer – The whole event has been cancelled.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41048
                Punj Lizard
                Participant

HRH Psych has been cancelled.

Ticket-holders are being offered four options: a ticket to one of two other HRH events; a credit worth double the ticket value; a full refund. I took the refund. Just have to wait to see if HRH pay up – they do not have a good reputation.

in reply to: Tomas off? #40920
                  Punj Lizard
                  Participant

This is really sad news. Tomas has been a a great drummer for the band and I’m really sorry to see him leave. I’m also sad to hear that there may have been uncomfortable disagreements – whether over money or other stuff. When I read the Insta post I immediately got a passive aggressive vibe – a kind of “if you think you can do better somewhere else, good luck” cynicism. I expect we’ll hear more about it in the days to come.

The India tour is a bit of a surprise. Given my history with India (I lived there for some years, my wife is Indian, and we have a home there that we visit irregularly), I would love to have heard about this in advance. My hope is that this is something that is already part of or about to feed into new material and inspiration.

in reply to: New Music #40893
                    Punj Lizard
                    Participant

@suntripper. Many thanks. What a band they were! I just missed out on this QPR show, having been a little too young (though I did see my first concert in 1975 (10cc, front row, Hammersmith Odeon). I had to wait until October 1977 to see Yes for the first time.

in reply to: Alabaster Zipcode #40879
                      Punj Lizard
                      Participant

@ Marc: I loved the first three Monomyth albums (which include Exo), but was not much impressed by the fourth album (Orbis Quadratis). On my first trip to see Motorpsycho in Köln in 2017, I also stopped in Tilberg and Rotterdam to see Monomyth, and they were great.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Punj Lizard.
                        in reply to: Ancient Astronauts – reviews #40877
                        Punj Lizard
                        Participant

Currently no. 12 in ProgArchives albums of 2022 (this is a fluid list created by an algorithm based on ratings and reviews, so the positions can change day to day).

in reply to: New Music #40802
                          Punj Lizard
                          Participant

I just picked up the Temple Fang EP – which sounds really good at first listen. Looking forward to seeing them in Hoofddorp next week.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #40778
                            Punj Lizard
                            Participant

Thanks Blashyrkh. Bookmark updated!

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40755
                              Punj Lizard
                              Participant

I reckon I must have listened to Ancient Astronauts about fifty times by now, and I would just like to say … Yep, fucking awesome. Start to finish – whether it’s the tracks that take me on longer journeys, or the moments that give me the tingles – I just LOVE this album. As a whole it just might be my favourite of the Tomas era.

in reply to: New Music #40739
                                Punj Lizard
                                Participant

@crosskip – WTF?! Ha ha ha

Although I haven’t seen Temple Fang live, I did see that guitarist and the bassist/singer sitting in Vondel Park last May when I was visiting Amsterdam on my way back from seeing Motorpsycho in Germany.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Punj Lizard.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 935 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994