Punj Lizard

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 937 total)
  • Author
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

I reckon I must have listened to Ancient Astronauts about fifty times by now, and I would just like to say … Yep, fucking awesome. Start to finish – whether it’s the tracks that take me on longer journeys, or the moments that give me the tingles – I just LOVE this album. As a whole it just might be my favourite of the Tomas era.

in reply to: New Music #40739
      Punj Lizard
      Participant

@crosskip – WTF?! Ha ha ha

Although I haven’t seen Temple Fang live, I did see that guitarist and the bassist/singer sitting in Vondel Park last May when I was visiting Amsterdam on my way back from seeing Motorpsycho in Germany.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Punj Lizard.
        in reply to: New Music #40735
        Punj Lizard
        Participant

Fang Temple by Temple Fang

OK, so this isn’t strictly new, and I mentioned it before, when it came out as a self-released album about this time last year, but since then, the band signed a deal to release the album with Stickman who they saw as a natural fit for them because of Stickman’s work with Motorpsycho.

In a recent interview Temple Fang not only named-checked Motorpsycho and cited Ancient Astronauts as one of their current favourite albums, but also mentioned Tos Nieuwenhuizen, referring to him as “Amsterdam’s tube-amp guru”. So I thought it was time to once again impress just how brilliant this (and their previous Live at Merleyn) album is. Fang Temple is a double album with four 20-minute slow-burn, psychedelic space rock excursions that just blew my socks off.

The band, who hail from the Netherlands, is also playing dates across the country in November and December and based on videos I’ve seen, they’re well worth it if you fancy a jam-heavy psychedelic space out. After I had to cancel my trip to Leuven, rather than discard my Eurostar tickets I rescheduled to coincide with a Temple Fang gig near Amsterdam and I have to say, I have high, high hopes of a good night.

in reply to: 2022-09-23 Leuven, Het Depot (25 years of Orange Factory) #40708
          Punj Lizard
          Participant

It varies, depending on where I’m sitting. But usually either my computer, which is hooked up to my hifi, or on the TV; always alone; sometimes in the background, but usually with full attention.

Punj Lizard
            Participant

@ThorEgil … and those who had the wits but had to pull out the day before. :'(

@ffbernie
              Thank you Bernie and Sam for your, as usual, great work, and @Tomcat for the audio. I’m thoroughly enjoying it all! :yahoo:

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40609
              Punj Lizard
              Participant

As I can’t seem to figure out how to create a new thread in this new setup, I’m posting this here.

New, excellent interview with Bent by Roger Trenwith at The Progressive Aspect. From time to time I bump into Roger at concerts in London. He was kind enough to ask me if I had a question for the band, and included it in the interview.

Bent Sæther – Motorpsycho

in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40588
                Punj Lizard
                Participant

Sounds absolutely amazing.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Punj Lizard.
                  in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40576
                  Punj Lizard
                  Participant

Benny at Orange Factory said he was trying to get Stale to join them on stage.

in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40567
                    Punj Lizard
                    Participant

Update on my cancelled trip to Leuven. Definitely cancelled. If anyone wants a free ticket for both nights, send me an email at jyotipunj at hotmail dot com

I’m very pleased to say my ticket has now found a happy home. I hope you all have a great time tomorrow night, and on Saturday for those who are staying for both nights. :mp:

in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40563
                      Punj Lizard
                      Participant

Damn! Fuck! Shit! Bollocks!

Looks like I have to cancel my trip to Leuven. I’m absolutely gutted. I will know for sure in a few hours, but if anyone is interested in a free ticket (pay it forward if you’re able), email me at jyotipunj at hotmail dot com

in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40547
                        Punj Lizard
                        Participant

@UPS When E9 played with MP in Drammen a few years ago I hoped SS would join MP for a couple of numbers, but it didn’t happen. However, Benny of Orange Factory told me last spring that he was hoping to talk SS into joining MP on stage in Leuven. I’m not expecting it to happen but am still hopeful.

in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40540
                          Punj Lizard
                          Participant

@nicoot – so that’s you! If I had known, I would have said hi earlier.

in reply to: 25 Years Orange Factory @Leuven #40537
                            Punj Lizard
                            Participant

Very excited to see the band again. It’s going to be a great week for me as I’ll be seeing Jaga Jazzist in London on Monday, then MP on Friday, and Elephant9 etc. on Saturday.

I’m also looking forward to catching up with some Psychonauts! :cheers:

in reply to: Upgrade tonight #40531
                              Punj Lizard
                              Participant

Hi. Just to confirm I had no trouble signing in. Many thanks to both you, Vegard, and to Eivin for keeping the the forum up and running. :D

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40238
                                Punj Lizard
                                Participant

Loving every aspect of this album more and more. No complaints at all. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 937 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994