JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Sorry for the outage #33049
    JERO
    Participant

The unpaid enthusiasts are forgiven, but boy, so good that we're back online. Not being a "social media type" at all myself, I noticed this time I was getting some ACUTE WITHDRAWEL SYMPTOMS !

Well…since the gig in st. Petersburg was such a gem, it couldn't have been certain hackers of a certain Tyrannis, now could it?(just joking)…For days I want to ask a burning question on the forum, which I will now, in the 'live 2018'-thread. Thanks Vegard and unpaid enthusiasts!

:-) :D :P

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32768
      JERO
      Participant

@airguitarhero

Same here, yearning for a cd anomaly apparition phenomenon of RW5, in fact of all RW!

JERO
        Participant

So far the boxes have contained a lot of extra material consisting of early versions of songs, and I find it fascinating to be able to witness some of their processing this way! No regrets about purchasing these special editions. And how about the unreleased first edition of TM, with for example Innersfree, and a different and as well thundering Grindstone. The amzing holy grail of the KiT-sessions ('when the world sleeps')in the Blissard box! Man, to me that is some of their masterpieces, song and sound-wise!And the A&Dap box contains the Rockefellar gig so we can all shake our wigs out…

I must admit the poppy tunes of LTEC and some that followed are not my fave MP stuff, but it could as well change when I would hear some early not so orchestrated and wellproduced versions of these songs! So keep em coming!

in reply to: 2018-05-18: SKIF, St.Petersburg (RU) #32958
          JERO
          Participant

And well filmed it is as well as okay sound! Saw it and was vvveeerrrrrryyy impressed all over again. These 3 guys…what great musicianship! Near perfect performance!

:STG:

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32730
            JERO
            Participant

(@Mikke) Haha, have you tried 2 sets of RW5 on 3 turntables ?

seriously: I sure hope there will be a cd only release, for all tables in my house are square ones…or am I supposed to use the lp's as yet more Motospsychotic wall decoration? The heat of this summer's sunrays upon them might curl them up into some nice MP ashtrays!Now there's merchandise!

in reply to: T.I T.S. #33005
              JERO
              Participant

Is that legal?…Hey, they're Tusslers, right?! :wink:LOL:T.I.T.S, hadn't even noticed that. Maybe the tribute band in the making could be called B.A.L.L.S ?

in reply to: Complete Show Krach am Bach 2017 #32942
                JERO
                Participant

@Ercarnar; I agree. The singing AND playing of MPmusic is difficult in the first place, and than there's the close harmony stuff, difficult to do live I would think. When I watched 'Crackemback' I think I noticed from Bent's behaviour there was a monitor problem? Nowadays I often wish for MP to have their own steady soud crew, for the stage as well as for the concert halls, sometimes it's just too bad their fantasic playing get's screwed up by sound-problems (Alkmaar!)… :?

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32648
                  JERO
                  Participant

Yeah, the cover for RW3 makes it clear the album is part of a series. I like the cover for RW4 a lot though, as I see it the photo of the baseballplayers in action is just like the MP bandmembers while performing music: working as a team in the heat of the moment! And…it's another homerun ladies and gentlemen!

in reply to: Complete Show Krach am Bach 2017 #32935
                    JERO
                    Participant

Whoohoo! Hurrah! Started it and couldn't stop watching with speakers on 11 ! More proof of their versatility, the greatness of Tomas, and I like the powertrio-form without even keyboards, just pure rock 'n roll!Can't get enough of that Motorpsycho stuff!

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32435
                      JERO
                      Participant

Yes, I'll never understand what's so trippy or psychedelic about these low spotlights aimed at the audience. I found it annoying, having to stare at the floor at times when you really would like to watch the band!My visual memories of this gig are like a mostly dark stage, the silhouettes of the musicians. So although I/we totally got into the music, a lot of the very energetically moving Bent and the knobfiddeling Snah were hidden in obscurity…Agree about the visuals, they provided great atmosphere at the Zwolle gig 10-2017, especially that moment when the band seemed to be playing in an enormous green 'Norwegian pinetree woodland' comes to my mind!

8)

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32432
                        JERO
                        Participant

Thanx Rune,like we now own a postcard of a great place we've been to, to cherish the memory!

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32428
                          JERO
                          Participant

@ Krist Rampage right you are, Krist, we must have been nearly in the same spot (I'm the whitebearded guy with shiva shirt) and at one point I thought about moving to a different spot in the audience, as a lot of the singing and mellotron was not even audible to me. The physical sensation of that bulldozer-bass and the close view on the stage kept me from doing so, however.

And Heartattack mac/b2s made me wanna pogo! :P

in reply to: Oslo Røverstaden 14.04.18 #32897
                            JERO
                            Participant

Yeah, most MP titles start with 'Ma'(Maypole, Malibu, Manmower, Mantric muffin stomp, and of course M.A.S.F.E (means there's a song for everyone). The hidden message:they are the mamas of invention! :lol:

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32423
                              JERO
                              Participant

Yup! My brother is converted. Alas, no beer for the newborn psychonaut, he's now driving back to Zwolle and goes to work tomorrow, probably playing some MP in his classroom to a younger generation!As for me, I had a blast, it still feels so wonderful to me to witness Bent and Snah perform, the guys whose music plays such a big role in my life, like it does probably in all of yours!

Taifun this time like a total body and soul cleansing, especially the bass pedals causing small earthquakes. Nice to see folks totally freak out (like I do, can't help it) or standing still, attentively. The Tower-songs are great for live performance as well as on studio-recording. I don't feel the same for classics like manmower, the album-recording stands like a monument for me, every time the mellotron sets in for the finale it gives me goosebumps. Wouldn't wanna miss it in the set though.On a plate worked opposite for me; on the album okay rocksong, this night in Alkmaar a blasting display of power and swing, great!

Enjoyed Tomas's drumming very much. Very supportive, creative, never overdone.Both my brother and I (amateur musicians) felt a strong urge after the concert to play ourselves, oh, this ecstatic joy of music! I would almost quote: keep the sex and drugs (those anyway) but let me keep my rock an'roll! Psychonauts of the planet, I salute you!

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32410
                                JERO
                                Participant

and by :stg: I meant that funny emoticon, since it will surely be Sonic, not so teenage anymore, and I don't know about Guinevere…

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994