JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39789
    JERO
    Participant

has a very relaxed atmosphere. I'll be staying up late

in reply to: 2022-05-09 Amsterdam, Paradiso Noord #39852
      JERO
      Participant

WWWOOOWWW !!! Everything You could wish for. What more could I have wanted for tonight, even NOX. The sonic pure delight of STG, can never get enough of it. The subtler jazzy and funky parts, and the building up of storms. And nice to see familiar and ecstatic faces all around. What a great night!

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39263
        JERO
        Participant

Finally some gigs in Holland, alas I can't make Vera, because of work, I'd defenitively prefer it over the concrete box that is Paradiso-noord, but oh well, bought tickets for Amsterdam anyway and so happy to be able to see the boys perform again, it's been…..years! :MPD:

in reply to: Rosendal 21/10/28 #39147
          JERO
          Participant

thank you suntripper for the link! :-)

in reply to: Non-Motorpsycho live info and experiences #39090
            JERO
            Participant

@ Punj Lizard; Stella said so (every night a different set). I'm looking into the possibility of coming, and of course would gladly join up!

@ supernaut; I'll look up Delving, don't know their music yet, but I trust your taste!

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38810
              JERO
              Participant

@ Juergen & fillmore, I'm sorry, IT SEEMS neither this post contains the BIG SURPRISE, and I'll shut up now, it was just like…HAVE FUN. And my wife is really sorry too. 8O

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38803
                JERO
                Participant

@fco, At the moment Belgium seems very relaxed about it, I went through some trouble for it for Het Depot weren't able to scan a non-Belgian QR-code, to my relief some days before the concert they contacted me and were now able to scan the INTERNATIONAL QR-code for admitance. After all the tension it came as a big surprise that we were admitted without any scanning for Covid-vaccination proof or test at all! Tt seems they changed the rules just some days ago. But anyway it would be best to contact the venue to be sure.

Have fun, those who are going to Ghent.

(can you spot the 2 MP songtitles and 1 Colin Newman songtitle in the text above? Box of Belgium chocolate for the winner, provided that my wife hasn't discouvered the hiding place :) )

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38795
                  JERO
                  Participant

Hello everybody, back from Leuven/Louvain, the Magma gig was totally ZEUHL (heavenly), they haven't lost any power, the singing ( quite a choir these days) was very good, and they played 3 new pieces! An upcoming new album was anounced. Already considering buying tickets for London, june 2022…Concerning The Grateful Dead, every now and then I try to get into them, so far I just don't get it (yet), but if you are a fan of theirs, like Johnny, it must be a blast to be able to 'eat your collector's heart out'!

Anyway, although it wasn't MP this time, it felt so great just to attend a concert after all that time!

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38783
                    JERO
                    Participant

@supernaut; yes, with Wire you never know what you're going to get, like with MP, might be something totally unheard of or recalibrated back catalogue, love the creativity and stubbornness of it.

@Punj Lizard; here's a link to a recent Magma performance, I'm amazed they still find new ways to perform MDK after 1.000.000 times and versions in a fresh way, this time very subtle and precise I find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o58rJCtEi4

And somewhere in the future, I hope very much to meet up with you again at an MP gig, my friend!Meanwhile we have to take this opportunity to practice patience,…..some more.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38780
                      JERO
                      Participant

The CRAVING !!!…still no MP dates in Europe outside Norway (and apart from the desertfest)and I guess I'm not the only fanatic checking this every single day. Sometimes it's hard to even keep the faith it will ever happen again; having my body and soul cleansed by that lovely wall of sound. Next friday I'll be in Belgium to attend the Magma gig (Leuven, still tickets available, I believe, it's at 'Het Depot'), and I can't even believe that it's going to happen yet, but if it does, it will be a fulfilling of one of my lifes wishes (never seen them in concert before). But, you know, Magma may be my nr.2, MP still remains my nr. 1 ! (if you're curious, nr. 3 would be Wire !)

in reply to: Grieghallen, Bergen, June 12th 2021 #38939
                        JERO
                        Participant

Deepest gratitude toward the guys who made it possible to enjoy these clips and I'm amazed all over again about MP, that as a trio they are able to pull this off. Nylang/Nyhalvlang and NOX show how they use their skills to really become an orchestra of just 3 members.Very impressive ! :STG:

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38451
                          JERO
                          Participant

'SHORT interview with Bent…', LONG clash of psychonauts, while Bent moved on with his music a long time ago…You guys must be so proud of all your wisdom, and more important, you always want to help the others out when they have the WRONG view on things. But no, it is setting your ego's aside that may one day bring you in the position of helping another. Can music get us there, I don't think so, neither can the most inspired lyrics Bent wrote.

Sometimes when you're a fan of certain more interesting bands you will find yourself among nerds or cult followers. So do I really, as a MP fan have to find myself among 'bickering intellectuals'? Please let's keep with the magic of music!

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38163
                            JERO
                            Participant

@suntripper; :lol: hihihi. and for a coversong: Una Paloma Blanca

in reply to: Is there anybody out there? #38865
                              JERO
                              Participant

Yeah, me too, (except for B.S.) I love to sing along at the top of my voice when these poppy gems come along. I loved it when at the Utrecht gig, was is 2019? Bent anounced Neverland as their least favorite song, and subsequently they played it in a completely "We don't care if you start throwing those eggs and rotten tomatoes now"-way, with Reine singing! Also, as a Dutchman, of course I know it's really: " Come to Netherland"! And I'm gonna put it on right now to celebrate the coming of spring :lol:

in reply to: Too many albums? #38836
                                JERO
                                Participant

I wouldn't change anything neither. Every album is like a person from the same family, and I love them all, warts and all (well maybe It's A Love Cult and Phanerothyme are the cousins locked away in the cellar) and what happened to me a lot of times is that they played a song from my personal 'warts-section' live and finaly (re-)animated it so that I had to get back to play it from the album and finally got to love it (for example Uberwagner(or Triggerman). So hey, what do you know, following MP resembles time-travelling in the Tardis, a lot, (says Who, hehe)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994