suntripper

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 381 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Is there anybody out there? #38872
    suntripper
    Participant

Toundra have Hyena in their top ten Motorpsycho tracks. Interesting reading – I reckon about four would overlap with my top ten:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/toundras-ten-favourite-motorpsycho-songs

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38655
      suntripper
      Participant
        in reply to: 5 h radio documentary in German #38877
        suntripper
        Participant

@Kid A: Many thanks for the link. Only five hours? Come on! How can you hope to do justice?

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38162
          suntripper
          Participant

After Mockingbird, The Cuckoo, The Magpie and now Cormorant, I just think they should do more bird songs. I believe Albatross is taken, but they could still have the Sangihe Shrike-thrush, Stresemann's Bristlefront or the Noisy Scrub-bird.

I won't suggest the Bearded Tit in case it's taken the wrong way…

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38160
            suntripper
            Participant

More bird songs, please!

in reply to: Is there anybody out there? #38869
              suntripper
              Participant

My tuppenyworth.

The Afterglow – an absolute gem including one of Snah's sweetest ever bits of guitar

Child of the Future – very uplifting – a great end to a great album

ASFE – loved it from first listen, loved it when they opened with it live in London, and its appeal, for me, has outlasted that of some of its more complex bedfellows on The Tower (although I can't understand TAF not going for Ship of Fools, but we're all different!); I really appreciate its energy and directness, and I'll put this out there: is this the most 90s Motorpsycho thing to come out of the Kenneth and Tomas eras?

Hyena – also just fine

The All Is One – I'm probably with a lot of others on this, judging by comments; on a really very, very good album, it's curious that the title track/opener is so relatively underwhelming; it's overwrought, overlong and not as good as it thinks it is

No problems with the others…well, except Neverplayed, but I do like watching the Japanese teenyboppers getting into it!

in reply to: Too many albums? #38837
                suntripper
                Participant

I think you make a lot of good points, Shakti. I wouldn't want to tinker with the past too much, although I've often considered making my own compilation of concise hard rock Kenneth-era tracks comprising all of Child of the Future plus The Promise and the best bits of Motorpnakotic Fragments and The Light Fantastic. What a hard-hitting double that would be!

However, I do think recent material would have been better served by having N.O.X. as a stand-alone album, perhaps with the addition of something in a similar vein – or maybe those heavy parts from Begynnelser that inexplicably didn't make it onto the audio version.

@ Kid A: I was sort of with you until you wanted to leave out The All Is One side D. I think that's good stuff – maybe suffering from following on from N.O.X. The reverssion from something so radical and original to something belonging more to the classic rock genre might work live, but it diminshes what follows on disc, which is a shame. In a different context, Dreams of Fancy might garner rave reviews. Personally, I think it is a brilliantly constructed composition. If there's a bit of late Led Zep to it, I would say it could grace any of their later albums. Like Chrome is pretty fair too (also a touch of Led Zep there).

@JERO: "the cousins tucked away in the basement" – that tickled me!

in reply to: Radio Romaniac #38819
                  suntripper
                  Participant

I see you found your way to the Magna Invocatio!

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38650
                    suntripper
                    Participant

He's particularly keen on Dreamkiller, quite hot on The Hunt and Lurker, and not so positive about some of the rest. Nowhere near as good as The All Is One, he reckons. He makes a comparison with Porcupine Tree. Can't see it myself.

in reply to: New Music #34848
                      suntripper
                      Participant

While we are in a Hawkwind mood, check out the recent album from Nik Turner (Hawkwind) and Youth (Killing Joke):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FXR1oeJrU&list=PL5mxDeg0WY5L422R9sFB2rzS5FKswGFeJ

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38625
                        suntripper
                        Participant

@ Punj Lizard

Many thanks for the link. Those snippets have really got my hopes up – I wasn't so excited by The Waning extract.

Let's face it, even an average MP album would wipe the floor with pretty much everything else, which is remarkable for a 30-year old band.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38399
                          suntripper
                          Participant
                            Quote:
                            LAUT.de: CTS Eventim contemplated the option to tie concert going to vaccinating. The German Ethics Council declined giving any privileges to vaccinated people. How do you stand on the topic?

BENT: I think vaccination certificates are reasonable, so I would not have any problem with such a regulation.

LAUT.de: Conspiracy theories are on an all-time high. Despite polls showing that a majority of the populace supports goverment measures, support for mandatory masks, vaccination efforts and hard lockdown rules are dwindling. Are opinions divided among your friends too?

BENT: Not really. We are so incredibly annoyed by all this Trump- and Alt right-bullshit already, that we reject any new conspiracy theories by default.

Now listen to a real-life Viking (!) and successful novelist from Norway, Bjorn Andreas Bull-Hansen. Here is his Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._Andreas_Bull-Hansen

Bjorn Andreas Bull-Hansen – Vaccine Passports – what it's really about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKim_2goqM

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38615
                            suntripper
                            Participant

@Bartok

I might be able to upload or, in some way, share the Freakzone interview, although possibly not for a while.

Advice about the best way to do this (without having to sign up or register anywhere) would be appreciated.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38398
                              suntripper
                              Participant

gif-leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here-2.gif

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38391
                                suntripper
                                Participant

A couple of legal cases.

Top lawyer Dr. Reiner Fuellmich successfully prosecuted VW over the emissions scandal and convicted Deutsche Bank as a criminal enterprise. He is working hard, as part of the Corona Investigative Committee, to bring a class action lawsuit in Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBie_mrytmw

Meanwhile, in the UK, Michael O'Bernicia (The Bernician) has just laid papers alleging Pandemic Fraud.

https://www.thebernician.net/papers-laid-alleging-pandemic-fraud-against-hancock-whitty-vallance-ferguson/?swcfpc=1

Irrelevant and unpleasant comments to follow as usual, I suppose.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 381 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994