Rulle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 08.09.2023 – NO, Kongsberg – Energimølla #41698
    Rulle
    Participant

Not posted much on this site before even tho I´ve followed it for a few years and had a look at posts etc.
      A few personal notes from last night:

Reine was part of the band this gig, and sang lead on the last number before the encore, Tin House´s Be Good and Be Kind. He always adds another layer to the sound.
      Excited to see Motorpsycho with Olaf Olsen as the new drummer on this leg. He´s a more standard ´rock´-drummer in my opinion than Kenneth and Thomas. He did the job well, but it sounded like a pretty different band to me compared to what I’ve seen over the last few years.
      This lead to shorter numbers and less spaced out jams. I think only My Best Friend and 577 came close to being more than 10-12 minutes. Both had good, drawn-out middle-sections. However, they were both played really well, and were highlights.
      Heavy, electric version of Spin was pretty good. For me, Daedalus is the stand-out track from Yay, and the live version is great.
      Killer version of Bonny Lee though, with Reine playing the riff really heavily on what looked and sounded like a baryton-guitar.
      All in all a good gig with another version of Motorpsycho. Good sound in a great small venue and well-behaved audience that actually wanted to see the band and hear what they were up to.

in reply to: Asker kulturhus 10.12.22 #40835
      Rulle
      Participant

Great gig as a four-piece in what is usually a cinema, but now with the chairs pushed back, is a small concert venue.

I didn´t hear Like Chrome, but they played a fantastic version of Azrael as the last song before the encore. It had some nice jamming on it with Reine on the guitar and Snah playing the ?mellotron.

Having seen them both in Bø and Drammen in October, this was the best gig in my opinion as Reine adds so much texture to the mix. The hard riffs are harder and the spaced-out jams are even spacier.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994