BronYAur

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 215 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012 #21019

You spanish are SOOOO lucky! I'd like to be there in Spain…

in reply to: 12.04.12 The Garage, London #22135

Here's the asshole performance. I suppose he's the guy who tumbles down at 0:17…

http://youtu.be/tBUS7ibjrBg

in reply to: 15.03.2012 – Byscenen, Trondheim (NOR) #21898

Great job Hovmod!

Listening to this, I wonder how can people still complain for the use of vocoder on Roadwork 4!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21825

BEST SONG !!!

Yes, the final and mot-awaited poll is here. Hope you have ade your bets on the winner…

I want to publish ALL the songs voted, even though they are 86!

Let's start with the 35 songs that only got one vote:

B.S.

Beautiful Sister

Big Surprise

Birds

Blueberry Daydream

Devil Dog

Dr. Hoffmann's Bicycle

Fools Gold

Greener

Have Fun

How Was I to Know

In the Family

Into the Mystic

Kill Devil Hills

leave It Like That

Like Always

President Block

Serpentine

She Left on the Sunship

She Used to Be a Twin

Sideway Spiral

Sister Confusion

Sunchild

Sungravy

The 29th Bulletin

The Ballad of Pat & Put

The One Who Went Away

This Otherness

Timothy's Monster

Triggerman

With Trixene bla bla

True Middle

W.B.A.T.

Whip that Ghost

X-3

(Surprised by Greener having only 1 vote!)

17 songs received 2 votes. They are:

Feedtime

Feel

Giftland (?)

Junior (?!?)

Lighthouse Keeper

Mountain (!)

Nothing to Say

Ozone

Psychonaut (O_O)

Riding the Tiger

Stained Glass

Starhammer

Starmelt / Lovelight

The Ocean in Her Eye

The Other Fool

The Slow Phaseout

Ueberwagner

(I suppose you understood which songs are underrated in my opinion here)

10 songs with 3 votes:

30 / 30

Before the Flood

Cornucopia

Heartattack Mac

Manmower

Painting the Night Unreal

Radiator Freak (!!!)

The Nerve Tattoo

Through the Veil

Walking on the Water

7 songs received 4 votes:

Demon Box

Drug Thing

Flick of the Wrist

Hey Jane

Hogwash

Mutiny!

Wishing Well

7 more songs with 5 votes, then we'll reach top 10!

Gullible's Travails

Kill Some Day

Sonic Teenage Guinevere (argh!)

Suite: Little Lucid Moments

Un Chien d'Espace (ARGH!!!) What were you thinking about while you were voting?? ;)

Wearing yr Smell

Year Zero

And the TOP TEN here (while I'm still astonished that STG and Un Chien didn't make it!)

8th position ex aequo (6 votes)

The Alchemyst

Watersound

4th position ex aequo (7 votes)

Mad Sun

Plan # 1

Sinful, Wind-Borne

The Wheel

THE PODIUM:

Bronze medal (9 votes)

TAIFUN

Silver Medal (12 votes)

VORTEX SURFER

Gold Medal (18 votes)

…………

hehe, I won't tell, and anyway you all know!

A hint: it's not from "IT'S A LOVE CULT"!

Oh, ok, of course the winner is, again, THE GOLDEN CORE, as it was ten years ago, and it completes the Timothy's Monster triumph, which wins as best album and as best song.

No surprises for the winner, the big surprise is TAIFUN on 3rd position, more than the Wheel and more than some masterpieces which were actually underestimated here. Un Chien, STG, Giftland, Demon Box, Psychonaut…

Another proof of the scarce loce for the Baard times is that no songs from that trilogy got more than 3 votes (25th position!), while the Kenneth era is more considered (The Alchemyst with 6 votes, in top10). Lobotomizer is more or less lobotomized, with the exception of Hogwash; No songs from AADAP made it to the top 10! Blissard and Demon Box have one each (SWB and Plan # 1) while there are 3 songs from Timothy's Monster and Trust Us, reflecting quite exactly the albums poll. The best song from EPs is Mad Sun, in a great 4th position, though ex-aequo.

OK, that's it… quite late here, I suppose the second Trondheim concert is going to an end, and want to see some comments.

Please, fill this thread with your comments!

Good night!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21824

BEST ALBUM!

Here we go! You had to choose 3 albums out of 16, and you all made your choices, so that we had a total of 75 votes.

Only 3 albums received 0 votes. No surprises, they are the podium of the WORST album poll:

Lobotomizer

Roadwork II

It's a Love Cult

1 vote:

Roadwork I

Roadwork IV

Black Holes / Blank Canvas (OK, we don't love it!)

2 votes:

Let Them Eat Cake

3 votes:

Heavy Metal Fruit (great cover, not great contents apparently!)

4 votes:

Phanerothyme (6 total votes for the 3 pop albums)

5 votes:

Little Lucid Moments

6 votes:

The Death Defying Unicorn (Hype effect or real value?)

Well, only 5 albums remain, and you all know which albums they are, don't you? So, we only have to sort them in order:

7 VOTES (Ex-aequo 4th position)

Angels and Daemons at Play

Demon Box (this album has lost some appeal in the last 10 years I think… young generations who don't love grind/grunge?)

Bronze Medal (8 Votes)

BLISSARD (despite the vote taken in the "worst" list)

Silver Medal (11 Votes)

TRUST US

AND THE WINNER IS…..

TIMOTHY'S MONSTER with 19 VOTES!!!!

Almost double the votes of the 2nd! 19 people out of 25 voted for the Monster which still remains the favourite MP album ever, as it was ten years ago.

Trust Us, in the years, has surclassed AADAP and Blissard, and I can only agree to this. Actually, Trust Us is MY favourite album, but the order of this poll is really satisfactory!

So Timothy's Monster triumphs as best cover AND best album. Couldn't do better than this

LET'S GO WITH THE FINAL POLL!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21823

BEST NON-ALBUM

OK, some debate here about how to consider Child of the Future. I imposed my vision, and it became a non-album! Also, there would have been debate on the Roadworks too, but maybe I made my division between album and non-album too fast…

Well, we have a result anyway! 18 non-albums were voted here:

1 VOTE for 8 soothing Songs for Rut (uh, shouldn't it be an album? Oh well, not very revelant after all!), Haircuts, Roadwork III (or should they be together?), Into the Sun, Soothe, the Visitant Single, The Tussler (and this is a big surprise! I thought it would have won this one!)

2 votes to Barracuda and Manmower EP

4 votes to Ozone and Wearing yr Smell EP

5 votes to Mountain and Serpentine EP (Serpentine with the same votes of Mountain? Uh!)

4th Position ex-Aequo (6 votes)

ANOTHER UGLY EP

THE NERVE TATTO EP

3rd Position (7 votes)

IN THE FISHTANK

2nd position (9 votes)

STARMELT EP

AND THE WINNER IS…..

CHILD OF THE FUTURE with 12 VOTES!

I'm very surprised, and of course repented of letting the Child out of the albums :)

Infact, I think that, EXCEPT for the first position, the chart reflects my taste!

Child of the Future is good but DOESNT CONTAIN neither Wishing Well nor Flick of the Wrist!

OK, and now only the two main polls remain, just like "Best movie" and "Best director" at Hollywood!

Stay tuned…

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21822

BEST COVER

The simple fact of having 22 different releases voted here gives an idea of MP's huge production!

The results are, uh, surprising?

Not sure, gotta admit that my estethic sense is equal to zero, so I've had my problems in saying which cover is the best… but you didn't, and the chart talks clearly.

Of 22 choices, only 13 reached 2 votes:

2 VOTES:

Angels and Daemons at Play

Demon Box

It's a Love Cult

Let Them Eat Cake

Little Lucid Moments

Soothe (Steel Box!)

3 VOTES:

Black Holes / Blank Canvas

The Death Defying Unicorn

Phanerothyme

Then, we have a huge gap to the top 4 positions:

4th position, with 8 votes:

BLISSARD

3rd position, with 9 votes:

TRUST US

2nd position, with 12 votes:

HEAVY METAL FRUIT (!)

AND THE WINNER, QUITE OBVIOUSLY IS:

TIMOTHY'S MONSTER (with 14 votes)

Nobody specified it, but I suppose everyone refers to the 3LP box and not to the CD version… Anyway, great exploit for the Heavy Metal Fruit, that actually has a very good cover which even contended the top position to the Monster! Surprisingly poor result for AADAP and Demon Box…

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21821

BEST LYRICS

Quite a sleepy poll this one, many of you admitted that they aren't really IN the lyrics.

So there has been a lot of vote dispersion, and 4 votes have been enough to win!

35 songs voted, 17 with more than one vote:

2 VOTES for 12 songs!

Before the Flood

Demon Box

Feel

Fools Gold

Heartattack Mac

Mad Sun

Now It's Time to Skate

Suite: Little Lucid Moments

Taifun

The Golden Core

Un Chien d'Espace

3 VOTES (ex-aequo 2nd place)

Kill Some Day

The Alchemyst

Wearing yr Smell

Wishing Well

AND THE WINNER IS…..

VORTEX SURFER (with only 4 votes!)

So, Vortex Surfer wins in 2 categories, lyrics and vocals… and the main category has to come!

As said, this poll isn't very indicative, due to the low votes for the winner. But heh, this is your choice anyway!

Now, we're going to examine the three polls regarding MP's releases themselves! Interesting results on the horizon!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21820

BEST LIVE SONG

Motorpsycho have four roadworks out, but g35ers have seen a lot of concerts and have a lot of bootlegs of hundreds of concerts 1990-2011 (probably, there is some 2012 recording around yet :) )

So, we all know how different are MP in studio and live. And this makes this question interesting.

36 songs were voted, only 17 received at least 2 votes. Here we go:

2 VOTES:

Demon Box

Gullible's Travail

Hey Jane

Mountain

Plan #1

Sideway Spiral III

Sonic Teenage Guinevere

The Alchemyst

Walking on the Water

Watersound

3 VOTES:

Taifun

The Golden Core (uh! and it's the most desired!)

Vortex Surfer

4th place, 4 votes:

3rd place, 6 votes:

THE WHEEL

2nd place, 7 votes:

HOGWASH

AND THE WINNER, WITH 10 VOTES, IS:

A K9 SUITE!

Yep, the impressive 30 minutes-and-more monster won this poll by far. Not a big surprise, I'm more surprised by Hogwash and by Taifun being the top choice among songs not published live. Of course, everybody remembers the POWER of that moog-taurus in the live version if you've been lucky enough to witness it!

Still, I'm apparently the only one to consider the studio CHIEN better than the live version! That's only because I consider UN CHIEN the best song recorded in the last 30 years…

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21819

WANTED LIVE SONG

Not a very canonic poll this one, just a bunch of "wishes" for the tours to come… This Unicorn tour doesn't seem to be the good one for peculiar setlist choices (I still hope they stop this rock-opera madness before they come to Europe, but I suppose this will be their show for the whole spring…).

Anyway, let's see your desires! 15 songs out of 49 have recieved more than one vote:

2 VOTES:

Before the Flood (again???)

Dr. Hoffman's Bicycle

Feedtime

Flick of the Wrist

Lighthouse Girl

Mutiny!

Painting the Night Unreal

President Block

Timothy's Monster

3 VOTES:

Stalemate

The Ocean in Her Eye (someone specified: "in a PROPER version!")

2nd place ex-aequo with 4 votes:

Demon Box

Heartattack Mac

Radiator Freak

AND THE WINNER IS….

THE GOLDEN CORE with 5 votes!

Uh… can't agree with this one, because Golden Core is performed every now and then… I expected more rarities on the top of the podium, to be honest I'm surprised that Demon Box didn't win!

And I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one to wait for Radiator Freak!!!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21818

WORST ALBUM

More participation here than on the worst song. The results are quite predictable though.

1 vote to Little Lucid Moments and (!!!!) BLISSARD (!!!!) Who's the guy??? :)

This vote to Blissard is the only one to one of the 5 albums between Demon Box and Trust Us, and I'm surprised enough to see Blissard here…

2 votes to 8 soothing Songs for Rut and the latest two albums, Heavy Metal Fruit and Death Defying Unicorn.

Six albums remain:

4 votes to Phanerothyme! The pop-album less hated!

5 votes to Let them Eat Cake and Black Holes / Blank Canvas (BH/BC surprises me, I think it's a very good album!)

Second place ex-aequo with 10 (TEN!) votes:

Roadwork II (uh, predictable!)

It's a Love Cult (heh, I was afraid I was the only one!)

AND THE WINNER (or loser???) IS:

LOBOTOMIZER with a bunch of 14 votes!

No surprises here, maybe I should have not allowed Roadworks, but on the other hand I'm surprised that nobody votes Roadwork IV: if I remember well it received some sever criticism here on the forum, or am I wrong?

The interesting data is the lot of votes taken by IALC. C'mon people, that album SUCKS!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21817

WORST SONG

OK, I'm a bit disappointed by you here!

A lot of people just said "I can't vote this one", "there's no worst song" and so on… or just voted the "Siddarthino" and "Dolphyn" stuff… c'mon guys! It was OBVIOUSLY the funniest part of the poll, and I'm not the Bent's secret agent! Lost the opportunity to make this poll more interesting just because you didn't want to type "The Slow Phaseout", but you can't love Mountain AND Carousel!

More than the "I like" polls, the "I dislike" poll should have given an idea of which "phase" of Motorpsycho is more (or less) appreciated by their fans…

Oh, well, I should have put the answers to this one mandatory to participate… :)

Anyway, many people voted instead, and I really appreciated comments like "this is really AWFUL!"…

In the end, we had 56 songs voted, but only 13 with more than one vote.

2 VOTES:

Close Your Eyes (Album version, not live!)

Coventry Boy

L.T.E.C.

Mr. Butterclut Goes to the Fair

Of Beacons & Beams (heh, not a serious vote this one!)

The Mirror and the Lie

Whole Lotta Diana

3 VOTES:

B.S.

What If

4th place with 4 votes: WALKIN' WITH J

3rd place with 5 votes: NEVER LET YOU OUT

2nd place with 6 votes: NEVERLAND

AND THE WINNER (OR THE LOSER?) IS:

COMPOSITE HEAD with 8 votes!

Well, the top 6 songs of this poll come from the pop-trilogy, and I'm not surprised at all. I'm quite surprised by the "winner", which surely is not a great song, but it actually polarized g35ers attention… considering that it didn't break our balls live (it was never performed!) as did instead Neverland, Walkin' w/j or Never Let You Out…

Well, now THEY know!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21815

WHO IS THE BEST DRUMMER?

Gebhardt or Kenneth? Hehe, probably the hardest question in the poll. No one wanted to answer, but in the end (almost) everyone did!

And this is the finale result:

BENT SAETHER – 1 VOTE! (hehe)

HAAKON GEBHARDT – 8 VOTES

KENNETH KAPSTADT – 15 VOTES

Yup, Kenneth won this one!

Many of those who voted Kenneth specified that they referred to the sole "technical level", but not necessarily to the affection for one's drumming. As a drummer, I can surely agree: Kenneth is far superior technically (and I think Geb would be the first to recognize it!) but not necessarily better in Motorpsycho's economy.

For example, I voted Geb, because I'm quite sure I'd recognize his personal drumming in any situation, while I'm not sure about Kenneth, less original though more powerful and fast.

That's it for the single-instrument polls.

Give me some time for the next part, the WORST poll!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21814

BEST DRUMMING

I'm surprised of the results here. As a drummer I was very curious to see who would have been the winner… and of course I was curious for the duality between Gebhardt and Kenneth. In the end, we had a lot of dispersion of votes, at least up to the second place!

36 songs voted, 17 with at least two votes.

2 VOTES:

Gullible's Travail

Hogwash (Roadwork III)

Kill Devil Hills / The Alchemyst (Roadwork IV)

Nothing to Say

Sinful, Wind-Borne

Sonic Teenage Guinevere

Through the Veil

Timothy's Monster

Walking on the Water

Whole Lotta Diana

2nd place, with 3 votes:

Feedtime

Hey Jane

Mutiny!

Whip that Ghost

The Golden Core

The Hollow Lands

AND THE WINNER IS……..

SUITE: LITTLE LUCID MOMENTS

…..with 12 VOTES!!!

Well, half of the voters DID vote LLM! Amazing result, considering you had only 3 options!

I suppose that for most of you (and me also!), that song was the first impact with Kenneth's drumming… and what an impact!

Still, I'm impressed by the "unanimity" of the vote… a vote with which, honestly, I don't agree!

in reply to: MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS! #21813

BEST GUITAR SOLO

Snah's time now. I considered this one a very tough one, and I was right: the winner has only one vote more than four other songs in second position! So a very strict victory for… well, let's see.

40 songs voted, 12 with more than one vote:

2 VOTES:

Drug Thing

Greener

Vortex Surfer

Wearing yr Smell

Year Zero

3 VOTES:

Gullible's Travails

Sinful, Wind-Borne

2nd place ex-aequo for 4 songs with 4 VOTES:

Before the Flood

Flick of the Wrist

Into the Gyre

Wishing Well (Roadwork IV version!)

Heh, the Roaswork version of Wishing Well has stunned many people, and so did the weird fripp-metallic solo un Into the Gyre…

AND THE WINNER IS…….

577 with 5 votes!

577 and Flick were my "bets" for this poll, the most classic Snah's solos in the discography. Surprised by Before the Flood, a song that, I understand now, is much more loved than I thought. Uhm, I think I voted it among the worst songs, ehm….

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 215 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994