hoenxmoenx

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Cologne, 28.05.2010 #17230

I tried several types of plugs, some cheap ones from the pharmacy shop and some more expensive ones ( Alpine Music safe pro http://www.alpinehearingprotection.co.uk/consumer_musicsafe_pro.htm ).

I can’t say that there is a big difference soundwise between these … It’s still like bathing with your clothes on … (let me see with how many more allegories I can come up ;) )

in reply to: Cologne, 28.05.2010 #17228

Hi everybody,

it was a nice show indeed, they just kept on rocking nearly three hours in a row!

The start was great, I can’t remember hearing Mountain live before, and they did a great job on this song.

There was some stagnation in the middle part of the gig, with too many drawn out solos. Also the sound was pretty bad then, which is my biggest gripe about the concert. I simply can’t understand why they turn up the volume to a level where the PA sounds really shitty and it is even difficult to find out what the drummer is actually playing.

Unfortunately out of the last four MP gigs I visited, only the concert in Gebaeude 9 in Koeln last year had a good sound (at that concert I saw Lolly behind the mixer, perhaps that had something to do with it).

So, if anybody has contacts with the band, please tell them to consider hiring a sound guy that is not deaf already.

The encores were great again. They played a lot tighter then, and Gullible from the new album worked really well.

So all in all it was a good concert, but if they don’t manage to do something about the volume, I have to wear ear-plugs for the next concerts. And I really hate using ear-plugs during a concert.

It is like trying to touch and feel something when you have gloves on your hands.

Greetings

in reply to: Geb’s songs #12552

Hi all,

to return to the topic: I love songs like Little Ricky Massenburg, Morning Rain and The skies are full of wine (co-written with Bent).

And for those talking about skip songs, I think the music of a band is always the result of the chemistry between all band members (at least in really good bands …). I’m sure, that many of the MP songs that are dear to me wouldn’t have existed in a different line up of the band.

Greetings

in reply to: O.S.A. #13719

Hi all,

Gebhardt’s new album definitely rocks !

As jubalong said, Anne Frøkedal’s voice is a lovely match for the songs and the mix of norwegian and englisch lyrics make’s a nice contrast. ‘Spele pa gitar’ is currently my favorite.

Outside Norway it’s available via Itunes … perhaps if we spread the word far enough, they might become interested in touring ?

So yes: Go Gebhardt!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994