ThorEgil

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,134 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Another live-album out this autumn? #20031
    ThorEgil
    Participant

Just send me one of your copies and I'll check it out on my turntable. :wink:

in reply to: NEW LIVE RECORD MP3 ? #20434
      ThorEgil
      Participant

Shait! now you just reduced my changes of winning that one :?

in reply to: NEW LIVE RECORD MP3 ? #20432
        ThorEgil
        Participant

The first greedy cynical asshole has already turned up on that auction site. I wouldn't mind paying way too much for the record if the money ended up in the hands of the artists :MPD: but as that is not going to happen I wouldn't mind an inferior MP3 copy myself.

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19766
          ThorEgil
          Participant

Looking at the current weather here in Trondheim you would rather need a raincoat :lol:

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19764
            ThorEgil
            Participant

Tickets for the Orgelfest

Billettservice.no

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19760
              ThorEgil
              Participant

The guys will play at Orgelfest in the Nidaros Cathedral with Ståle Storløkken on Nov. 2

Last time the played in the cathedral was a wedding in 94 according to Snah.

Addressa.no

in reply to: Another live-album out this autumn? #20011
                ThorEgil
                Participant

Since I will not be able to go to this gig – are there anyone, preferably in the Trondheim area, who might be willing to pick up an extra copy of the LP for me? (I'll buy the LP pickup ticket and mail it to you).

Thanks,

tleirtro (at) gmail.com

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19748
                  ThorEgil
                  Participant
                    in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19739
                    ThorEgil
                    Participant

According to and ad in the Pstereo festival programme, the guys will play at Byscenen Trondheim on Dec 16.

in reply to: [OT] Traena festivalen #19857
                      ThorEgil
                      Participant

It's in the middle of the most beautiful part of Norway. It would probably take you the better part of a day if you take a plane from Oslo to Mo i Rana or Bodø, and a boat from there. 3 days with car from Oslo, in tourist mode. Never been to this Island, but have passed it many times along the coastal higway. Truly spectacular.

And I guess it will be an out of the ordinary experience for Manu Chao as well :D Several very interesting bands playing by the way.

in reply to: Steinkjerfestivalen #19829
                        ThorEgil
                        Participant

Just for the hell of it – here's all my pictures from Steinkjerfestivalen. There are a few from the concert as well, and some video snippets too Picasa

The sound is really terrible and the recording stopped at times, the mobile phone is really not meant for this. But then there is a sound recording above. At least you get an impression of the terrific light show they put on :D

And Fillmore – please help yourself to anything you need.

Uhh – and I really wish I could go to Kongsberg on Saturday…

in reply to: Steinkjerfestivalen #19821
                          ThorEgil
                          Participant

I have a few pictures here from the soundcheck/last rehearsal where they ran through the songs with Stian.

IMAG0162.jpg

The guy chatting with Bent is Shining frontman Jørgen Munkebye inquiring for the price of the Taurus synth. (For those who might be interested, I asked Jørgen about the upcoming Shining DVD – "It's a lot more work than expected. But it will still be THE Gift for xmas this year.") Shining was one of the absolute highligths of the festival.

IMAG0164.jpg

Kenneth taking a snap for his family album.

IMAG0167.jpg

Hogwash

For concert pictures you can find better samples e.g. here Trønder-Avisa or here NRK

in reply to: Steinkjerfestivalen #19816
                            ThorEgil
                            Participant

Absolutely an amazing show. The guys were in a very good mood – first concert in the home town in a very long time. Bent and Snah lived in Steinkjer some years in their youth. And Stian is also a local boy.

Starhammer was introduced as being about the Sheriff of Snåsa, the neighbouring county.

Did an attempt on recording the two last songs on my mobile but the recordings turned out completely useless. I guess that is why they sell dedicated recorders for this purpose :? I do have a few lousy snaps however, from the mobile crapomatic. I'll put them up later.

in reply to: Steinkjerfestivalen #19810
                              ThorEgil
                              Participant

OK, here's the official setlist from the mixing desk.

IMAG0190.jpg

The last two was done by the double band Motorpsycho+Monolithic. i.e. Snah got help on guitar (like he need it :D ) from KK's Monolithic partner Stian Westerhus.

The last song was a Deep Purple

ThorEgil
                                Participant

Yeah, since every one of the involved parties are living around Trondheim I assume Eindhoven would be the obvious location for that special event :wink:

Btw – has anyone heard or seen a recording of that oridginal concert in Molde?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,134 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994