miss_t

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Burg Herzberg 14.7. #19927

i got rather the impression, that most people didn't get the gd chorus..at least not around where i was standing..

in reply to: Burg Herzberg 14.7. #19923

another solid gig at herzberg was walter trout, btw. he jumped in for gregg allman. the rest of the lineup was…well, if the sound was bearable, then the band wasnt or the other way round.

in reply to: Burg Herzberg 14.7. #19922

my personal heartleaping highlight was when they quoted the chorus "coming coming coming around" from the grateful dead tune "that's it for the other one" (no coment needed, i guess)

first time i actually did hear them quote the mighty dead as mp (and not as the international tussler society)…nice one, guys!

so, zürich is a crappy town, huh?

what about those people here trying to rip their asses off for some subcultcha in the secret capital of cocaine? people flying in small indie psychedelic bands at their own cost?

people trying to get in touch with mp to get them another show here and not getting any kind of answer. not from their official booking agency for d-a-ch as either?

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18556

wow, good one. the pensjonister price should have made suspicious…

in reply to: Trio Søt MP in nynorsk live set #19528

cute. sure they can sing. nice that they do that big surprise-cover too. let them eat cake is definitely an album with underestimated pearls.

in reply to: Heavy Metal Fruit lyrics #16050

i also came to think about the supersonic airplane first, when listening to x-3.

wasnt that even the plane legendary pilot chuck yeager (yeah, the guy that broke the sound barrier in 47) crashed with and almost burnt up, while trying to set a new record for piloted altitude flying?

thers a really good book about the whole flying-ziggurat, called the right stuff. theres even a decent movie from 1983, based on a book.

and correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt the bar-chick, pancho, in one sequence of the film say something about pudknockers and knuckleheads to some flying rookies?

;)

in reply to: London-gigs #17806

whether there was a promotional point or not… the guys obviously enjoyed themselves while playing (and watching their support act, elephant9, they were really groovy!) and thereafter playing a relaxed, though to-the-point-set (bit short, though, damn curfew!) with an 1-hour-in-and-out-jam and a couple of new tunes!

i was amazed! the allman brothers couldn't have done better, and this powertrio thing where everyone is just improvising and playing solo at the same time sometimes reminded me strongly of one of my absolute favourites: cream!

what a long strange trip it's been…..

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12760

For all german jamrock lovers: a young fourpiece with en excellent debute, that will be on tour in November:

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994