Spacebandit

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 225 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 23.09.23 – Verkstedhallen, Trondheim #41833
    Spacebandit
    Participant

Hi from Tyskland,
      sorryto say, but I have to disagree with most of what has been written here. I like to keep it short.
      By the time Kenneth left in May 2016, I felt the band has reached extraterrestrial heights with albums like LLM oder HMF. Sure, there were a few weaker albums following, but HBM showed the right direction.
      With the “Tower-Trilogy” the uncles and Tomas ripped it up totally for me. Most of my favourite shows hail from that era. Yes, you can critize me for not seeing them before 2008 (by accident on Burg Herzberg), but I kew their music since the gorgeous “Wheel” on TM in 1994. But I was on straight Dead-Diet those days and every attempt from friend to pull me over to a show was just “Too heavy, no space”. So, since then I’ve enjoyed a mere 50+ shows, with personal highlights here in Bielefeld, 2008-10-14 + 2022-05-24. Maybe it’s because of that I chose this rather boring city as residence in 2019? LOL…
      As I’m not too much into viewing videos (most likely those have a suboptimal sound), I more listen to audince recordings. THere were three from the “tour” with Olaf Olsen. Amost same setlist. And…hey…nicely he fits in on the YAY! songs, but he’s not a psychedelic-jazzdrummer. So I realy look forward to seeing them in Oldenburg/Düsseldorf in a few daze.
      I think with IngWILD, this could be the chance to open the doors of perception again and more.
      To quote Johnny Heartfield:
      “There were days and there were days between”The last fine Jerry Garcia song.

in reply to: 02.09.2023 – Festiviteten, Hamar #41680
      Spacebandit
      Participant

A.T.P – the lyrics don’t match that V:U. song…

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41557
        Spacebandit
        Participant

I’m not posting too much here as I mainly concrentrate on my faveourite MP experience, taping with permission.
          I know about the financial struggles between the countries, but both UK and Norway are not EC. All I remember from the last tour May 2022, the venues in Germany were only about half-full. Hamburg, Hannover (Spectes…only 150 people in such a small intimite location!), Bremen (all the stairs up weren’t occupied) and for my personal downer, even the majestic Bielefeld show wasn’t too crowded. War in East, Financial Crisis, Exploding Enegery prices, dear of unemployment. All that comprises into a surrealistic picture. Big Acts are sold out, no matter if they cost 250+€ or more.
          And all the others?
          Just got back from seeing Monster Magnet in Hannover. Just about 500, balcony was closed (I’m so pissed).
          And they charged just 42€.
          Motorpsycho took a bit less last year, but presented more value for money (the god of the 21st century)…

in reply to: Asker kulturhus 10.12.22 #40838
          Spacebandit
          Participant

As I’m listening to dear Lars recording, it’s “Überpilgrim”, and due to fact that I have no pics from this show, only listening, I think it’s without Reine.
            The results of the Tysk-Norge Tapersyndicate will be up on Dime soon.

Correction: Überpilgrim, Then “Home of the brave > Friend fried (freed) Putin”…Ups, sorry, Vladimir the Worst.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Spacebandit.
            in reply to: 2022-09-23 Leuven, Het Depot (25 years of Orange Factory) #40614
            Spacebandit
            Participant

Howdy folks, great to read that there was a blast at Het Depot in Leuven.
              Good to hear (smokesignals) that there will be an audience recording capture as well.

Meanwhile…the new page looks “deserted”…bring in the green(er) again.

in reply to: 2022-05-22 München, Backstage Halle #39941
              Spacebandit
              Participant

A nice recording is now up on Dime…

in reply to: Harstad, 30.06.22 #40255
                Spacebandit
                Participant

90 minutes curfew…sigh…lat time I experienced that at Burg Herzberg 2018. The show was cut shorter as the band before (some german languaged Hip-Hop crap) demanded 20+ minutes. A desaster for me, as I left the TUSMOERKE show on the other stage earlier to save a good view in front row. Brrrrr…

Festivals + MP? Maybe Krach am Bach, but that is a different story as well.

in reply to: Ulv Ulv ! Vinyl edition ! #39891
                  Spacebandit
                  Participant

But not signed… :STG:

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #40007
                    Spacebandit
                    Participant

Something…uh…Odin and Thor for the rescue…up on DIME now. ENJOY AND SPREAD!

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #40005
                      Spacebandit
                      Participant

No, of(f) course, in fact Bielefeld didn't happen at all. All the vids on U-Tube or whatever are simply a fake. No, it was not to be in Bielefeld. The bus broke down and they got on for the next show. And those few ghosts living in the city of the chosen stood out there waiting for the spaceship

to materialise. Then around 20:30 the chosen ones were dematerialised into the void of golden delights. There will be a lot of fun coming soon, as the rays of the extraterrestrial viking ship did not disturb but also did help merging different "views" from different places.

And dare I say…after another safe space travel home and comfortable landing, the recordings were still there?! Little did I know, but they might have fixed something?

Let's see…or better hear…soon…

in reply to: 2022-05-25 Arlon, L'Entrepôt #40047
                        Spacebandit
                        Participant

Me agree with Tomcat. Bielefeld – as it does not exist – was a surrealistic pillow. Still have figure out what is upstairs or downstairs? Or am I still some 2 kms from here inside the Forum?

As it was in Belgium I guess we'll get some videos from there…

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #40002
                          Spacebandit
                          Participant

"Yes, they usually play in Bielefeld at the Forum." quote Jürgen.

Hey, not surprising Punj Lizard don't know the venue, as we all there don't exist, neither does the city of Bielefeld. And sometimes a norwegian spaceship "docks" on, cause they know the secret way to go there. I've been a frequent guest since the days of its preceedor, Forum Enger.

As there's nothing existing there, so there's no curfew (like in fu***ng Markthalle Hamburg, where you get kicked out of the main hall five minutes after show end. And not in a smooth way).

Even after me and the other Bielefeldonautics left backstage at app. 2am.the main staff (Ralf, you're the man!) let us gently into the night. As it was since 4pm.

From the app. thousand+ concerts I saw in my life (and believe me, a "festival" just counts as one concert), this will be staying in my Top10 ever. Like Grateful Dead Berlin 1990-10-20. On par. Excellence, merci mes amis.

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #39987
                            Spacebandit
                            Participant

I guess something from this Bielefelder Sinfonie will show up on ROADWORKS VOL.6 ?

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #39986
                              Spacebandit
                              Participant

"Good things come to those who wait" (Bill Graham, GD New Year's Eve 1981…and the Dead did "Dark Star" first time since years ago. Needs a bit of time to check the sources available. Stack sounds good. If you know what I mean?

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #39984
                                Spacebandit
                                Participant

Na, übertreib mal nicht. Mal gucken, was draus geworden ist.

And indeed, Holy Moly, what a night…Or as I might just say:

Bielefeld loves Motorpsycho and Motorpsycho loves (to play) Bielefeld.

Best show of the tour, best show I witnessed since my 2nd on 2008/10/14. Same place.

This was almost insane to witness. Starting so gentle with the acoustic set, floating into

Dead-Space, visiting Allmans Land, whistling for the Magpie, until Hell broke loose. United into

the Victim of rock. And then…Lacuna Spaceide! What a blast. Close to or over 20 min.?

The most heavy version of Überpilgrim I've ever saw. Very far-out. Knuckleheads…hey ViKINGS of

Sound, going nutz? Almost 2 hour 15 min. into the set "Delusion", oh,oh,oh, are we gonna get NOXed?

Yes we did and the extra slice of more space with the new opening sequence deep in Floydesque Realms.Oh Lord, havbe mercy on my soul, already 3 hours played. And, a quick one to leave? Nah, never. Tonight there are no prisoners to be taken. Diana bursts out, leading into "You lied" (a first one on this tour?) into "Black to Comm".

The band was having soooooooooo much fun, and the night came to a gentle end with a bit of chatting inside my old second living room (had to leave that place alone for 2.5 years).

I might call the nickname of any fine recording "ÜBERBIELEFELD".

Tusen million takk to Motorpsycho. Best musical experience in thios universe! Spacey.

And yes, 200 minutes!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 225 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994