07.10.2023 – DK, Copenhagen – Hotel Cecil

Home Forums General 07.10.2023 – DK, Copenhagen – Hotel Cecil

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    The Other Anders
    Participant

Real Again
      Mad Sun
      Patterns
      Dank State
      Feel

Sentinels
      Über/Pilgrim
      Magic & The Wonder
      August
      The Tower
      Serpentine
      Psychotzar
      The Promise
      Starhammer
      On A Plate
      Gullible’s Travails

Rock Bottom
      > The Alchemyst

2h 28

Hard rock attack!

marc
      Participant

Thanks!

Interesting that they decided to go heavy on HMF and BTS.

Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Überpilgrim? Reine still on board for a last Scandinavian gig – or Snah duelling with his other guitar neck?

Martn
          Participant

Überpilgrim with one guitar only. It’s not quite the same but still great. On the other hand they had Ingvald joining the vocal harmonies of Dank State. That was a nice little surprise.

Tomcat
            Participant

Überpilgrim got a bit overplayed within the last years to my taste – I would like to hear a Who Cover (or even Crimson) now that they have Ingvald on bord. But if its what they feel like… looking forward to the upcoming tour in excitement of new things to come
              :stg:

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Tomcat.
              suntripper
              Participant

Maybe we should start a thread for covers we’d like the band to do?

Meanwhile, this is for you, Tomcat!

Tomcat
                Participant

😄 takk

I love the original and motorpsycho’s Cover- just had it very often already (luxury problem to have seeing multiple shows).

suntripper
                  Participant

I hear you. I wish I had your problem! So, which Crimson track?

Tomcat
                    Participant

Uff … too many I could dream of :wacko:

They did Starless in the 90s – that’s one of the holy tracks of course. But it’s been quite a few times when mp are “jamming” that I thought they’re only millimeters away from “Sailor’s Tale”, so why not hop over to Islands?

Eeeerm – we’re starting to bomb the Copenhagen thread ;-)

suntripper
                      Participant

Yes, we are deviating from thread ‘Discipline’! If I can find the motivation, I’ll start that covers thread.

Martn
                        Participant

This seems long gone but as I am still dwelling in fond memories I thought I’d share this little detail that kind of added to that night. Right at the beginning of the show during Real Again the on-stage tech went to get or do something and accidentally kicked over some boxes or whatever. Bent had to look over right as he was singing the line »It didn’t take much to stumble at all« and couldn’t contain the chuckle. »Not much at all.« Just a happy little accident to quote Bob Ross.

The Other Anders
                          Participant

Yes, a priceles little moment, Martn. Made me chuckle too.

I made a braindump here the day after the concert, but it disappeared when I made edits. Basically I thought, and still think the concert was too heavy on the heavy songs, I missed some breathers and more jams. The biggest take-away was that Ingvald already was very impressive, only three gigs in. Of the three a saw this time (Trondheim, Malmö and Copenhagen), Malmö was my favorite because of the well-balanced setlist including Babylon, Cosmoctopus, Lacuna, and long Nothing to Say incl. Mountain-jam.

Judging from the recordings from the rest of the tour, a new Roadwork would be justified!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994