16.09.2023 – NO, Bergen – Røkeriet USF

Home Forums General 16.09.2023 – NO, Bergen – Røkeriet USF

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mirai no maboroshi
    Participant

Setlist:

Cold & Bored
      Mad Sun
      SSIII
      Maypole
      Big Surprise
      ———-
      On My Pillow
      WCA
      ÜberPilgrim
      Sinful, WB
      Best Friend
      Up/Down
      Daedalus
      Go To California
      Sentinels
      Patterns
      Utd Debased
      Nerve Tattoo
      Dank State
      Kill Some Day
      ———
      Mountain
      Plan #1
      Hogwash (as possible second encore; not played, unfortunately)

Approx 2h30m

Francesco

kjesso
      Participant

A fine concert, with several glorious moments, but still: I’m not gonna go all “Tomas forever, Ringo never!”, but there was something missing last night. Looking at the setlist, they played nothing from the Kapstad era and only two songs from the Järmyr years. It may be a coincidence, but I felt that they picked songs that were more suited to the drummer at hand. No long songs, no long and far out jams, and hardly any song that didn’t follow a 4/4-beat.

Still, plenty of highlights. The accoustic set was very fine; I especially enjoyed “Mad Sun”. Also, before the final accoustic song, somebody shouted “She Used To Be A Twin”. Bent looked almost surprised, and answered “Good call! We’ve forgotten that one. Maybe next time”. Hopefully it will re-surface.

Also, it is always nice to hear old favourites from the 90s. The two encores from Demon Box brings back memories for an oldtimer like myself.

They opened with “Cold and Bored”. I had thin hopes that they would make this the first Motorpsycho-concert where the opening and closing songs rhymed. Unfortunately, no “Golden Gore” appeared.

More ramblings here (Norwegian only): https://kulturguffen.blogspot.com/2023/09/motorpsycho-usf-bergen-1692023.html

marc
        Participant

Thanks! We’ll see how things change after the next drummer swap :) I for one have absolutely no problem with a 20+ song setlist and a little more 4/4 measure. :stg:

supernaut
          Participant

Speaking of “…twin”, I really really really wouldn’t mind “Lighthouse Girl”. Never heard this one live.

Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

Given the past few gigs a rather unsurprising setlist this time. Motorpsycho never cease to surprise me ;-)

Krist Rampage
              Participant

A Motorpsycho gig with 21 songs (22 on the setlist), wow! That’s a lot! Lots of old and new favorites of mine. Nice setlist!

JERO
                Participant

I don’t mind them doing a partly acoustical “””simpler songs”””-set, being it an adaption to the current drummer or not, I remember last time (at Paradiso-noord Amsterdam) all the high-energy and intense stuff, including N.O.X. was a bit much in the end, although great to have experienced. And for the upcoming gig in Utrecht, my wife (not a heavy rock chick, mind you) will join me, a first for her. I was much surprised she suggested to go together, probably the benign effect of having the Yay cd on during all car-rides since june, haha! So I guess ths tour MP is very family-friendly! Bring your wife and kids !Looking forward to Utrecht & Zwolle !

Krist Rampage
                  Participant

I am bringing my 17 year old daughter to the Hedon gig. She is looking forward to it very much!

Mark
                    Participant

See you in Zwolle (and Oldenburg)!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994