20.10.17 – Markthalle, Hamburg

Home Forums General 20.10.17 – Markthalle, Hamburg

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    GBD
    Participant

Setlist:

Stained glass

In every dream home

bartok

no evil

hey jane

intrepid explorer

a pacific sonata

cloudwalker

the tower

the cuckoo

heartattack mac

lacuna sunrise

ship of fools

the weel

ASFE

Plan #1

Feel

playing time: 2h:40min (plus feel after the crowd went nuts for more :) )

Amazing show! Really heavy. Highlights for me was an amazing Stained glass, Lacuna/Sunrise (about 15 mins long), Ãœber heavy Ship of fools and an equally heavy Wheel. Sound was abit muddy the first half hour, but improved greatly throughout. And the singing was pretty perfect. Overall a great night :STG:

Kid A
      Participant

The wheel at last!

That’s really funny, I watched the RW III show just 2 Hours ago in anticipation of the gig on Sunday and thought what an amazing performance Stained Glass was back in the day.

GBD
        Participant

well it was pretty damn amazing tonight aswell. Kristoffer on horn throughout. Clocked in at about 10:30 mins.

Anonymous

actually they did a 2nd encore as the crowd didn't stop making noise, so Feel is missing on the setlist above

Great King Rat
            Participant

Well, that was pretty awesome! Huge improvememnt overall compared to the KrachamBach gig. Stained glass was amazing, and many songs benefit from Kristoffer's contribution, especially the new ones. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of The Tower's heavier stuff but it all worked tonight.

From Heart Attack Mac onwards it was breathtaking: A massive Lacuna, followed by Ship of fools, both about 15 min, followed by a heavy and quite fast Wheel, which still went on for 18 minutes! And that wasn't even the end. ASFE isn't a song for me, I have to say (though it works live, no doubt), yet there was more than enough compensation for that by Plan#1, which was as good as ever.

Great show. Looking forward to Bremen now. Let the awesomeness continue! :MPD:

Great King Rat
              Participant

Really, they played Feel in the end? Damn it, I shouldn't have left for my train after Plan#1…

boomer former helm
                Participant

Yes. The audience screeming was so intense that they returned even the lights and music was already turned on. Fantastic show!!

Tomcat
                  Participant

Triumphant return to a historical place. Well packed, everybody felt that "extra vibe" I guess – and we are still at the beginning of the tour! As it was was said already: Something for everyone, impressive performance and so much to absorb. Highlights: "Stained Glass" with a "small tuba" making it's debut (goosebumps!), "Intrepid", "Pacific Sonata" and the end of the main set (heartattack/lacuna/ship/wheel). What a moment when the first tones of The Wheel were played… (I remember a superb combo My Best Friend/Wheel when mp played Martkhalle the last time 17 years ago).

I'm thrilled about the immense potential of this fourpiece – stunning :MPD:

fillmore
                    Participant

A very good show! Not flawless but very impressive anyway. Lots of new material, much to absorb. A magic beginning set the tone for a concert that found band and audience wired into one another. Highlights: "Stained Glass" with tuba solo, "In Every Dream Home", "H Mac", "Lacuna Sunrise". 20 minutes of the "The Wheel" were a very nice surprise and quite a blast even if the vocals fell a bit flat. Ultimately the audience forced the band back on stage for a true encore, this one was really an extra. There's great potential for the band to grow and go places together during the the course of the tour.

@Great King Rat: Totally agreeing on the comparisson with Krach am Bach!

Perfect setlist for me, even Pacific Sonata works live for me, didn´t yet get into it on the record…personal highlights were Stained Glass, Ship of Fools and The Wheel (of course, since I never saw it live up to yesterday…).

Big thanx to the crowd, magic moments just before the second encore…maybe the best Motorpsycho concert I saw yet…wish I had time to see aanother gig of this tour.

I reeally enjoyed seeing Snah being able to play more solos due to the supporting second guitar on many songs…

…and lots of merch for the first time I saw them in Geermany…about 10 different Vinyls, Tour EP (black and yellow), books, stickers…and vaarious shirts…went home pretty broke ;)

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                      Participant

by the way, how much is the tour ep?

Tomcat
                        Participant

I think it went for around 77Euros straight on eBay.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                          Participant

haha, seriously, how much is it at the merch table?

tkm
                            Participant

In Oslo it was NOK150, so I guess it's 15 euros.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994