2017-10-30 Frankfurt, Zoom

Home Forums General 2017-10-30 Frankfurt, Zoom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Augusto

Dream Home

Intrepid Explorer

Cornucopia (incl. Go to California)

Mountain

Pacific Sonata –>

The Cuckoo –>

ASFE

IMS

Ship of Füüls

In Our Tree

You Lied –>

Spin

Bartok

Plan No1

The Tower

Feel

Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

Interesting first half. Cornucopia and Mountain! Tower back again…

Mark
      Participant

Mountain! Wow.

Very intense and great show! Pacific Sonata was absolute bliss. Mountain was a nice surprise, so was In our tree and You lied. After Feel, the crowd went on for some minutes screaming for an encore, but they didn't come out again.

Some pictures are here: https://imgur.com/a/8G7hS

fillmore
        Participant

load of tracks from the new album

Actually I think the band would have returned for a second encore if there hadn't been a Halloween party in the same venue afterwards..

The Other Anders
          Participant

At least three recordings have surfaced so far. Thanks to all the tapers, it's very appreciated!

I am listening to the matrix off dime as I type.

I would say much more than the first half is interesting.

Every song from August to Ship of Fools is heavy on jamming and far out stuff, except A.S.F.E., but it grooves along and works very well. Dream Home, Internet Explorer, Cornucopia, Pacific Sonata, even Cuckoo, and especially IMS, as well as Ship all reach new or different highs. Mountain is a bit shaky, but great that they play it in its full again, and that the original piano sound on the "The Entertainer/Pink Panther theme" references is back, curtesy of Kristoffer, I suppose.

In Our Tree makes for a shift of mood. From here on the rest of the main set effectively works as the first batch of encores.

In Our Tree is delivered very close to the album version, even the sound of the record is recreated on stage. I think they do this to a greater extent on this tour compared to many previous tours. Go To California back to record version. Upstairs-downstairs now finally with that one horn only – and it sounds better than ever before. The Wheel is restored to old glory, as is The Golden Core. Mountain sounds like Mountain again, while reports of a fully restored Taifun are ticking in. The catalysts here are of course Tomas and Kristoffer. The former opens up the landscape, and the latter fills it in together with the other two. It takes me back to the different records and periods of time again. I'd wish they broke out a restored 'Let Them Eat Cake' encore one day soon, opening with The Other Fool played on acoustic, amplified guitars like back in 2000.

You Lied is short, again as on record, while Spin Spin Spin stretches out in a 9 min jam that substitutes Lacuna/Sunrise, only upbeat.

Again an amazing, majestic The Tower with another beautiful, wild and far out middle part – one last round in orbit – before Feel takes us down and we have almost landed one more time…

Solid concert!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994