2017-11-01 Biel, Coupole

Home Forums General 2017-11-01 Biel, Coupole

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    pfnuesel
    Participant

Any plans before the show? Like coffee, beers or trying to sneak in for the sound check?

Today it's my 18 mp-concert, the second this year after Veruno. First was Coupole 2000. What a great day!!!

Don't know where the beer is…

supernaut
      Participant

I bring a couple of MP live virgins with me. Or rather: one has never seen them, the other one not for more than a decade. I so hope they get wasted by the Chien tonight. Their minds need to be frizzled.

Anonymous

Yowza, big time

Ship

Up/down

Dreamhome

H mac

Mountain w Jam

K9 with outro Jam (28 min)

Pacific Sonata (incl Jam) -> Cuckoo -> ASFE

Go to California

Bartok

Tree

High time

U lied

—

Tower

Golden Core

2‘45

Pure magic

The Other Anders
          Participant

Wow!

Krist Rampage
            Participant

Wow indeed! Best setlist so far.

A very brief report to all psychonauts who couldn´t make it:

The band was in a relaxed and very playful mood yesterday, lengthy and psychedelic jams. Charming venue (dome of a former gas tank) with an autonomous youth culture history ranging back to 1968, and still very much the feel of it. Good sound quality, quite young audience. The only Swiss show on tour; even though the venue was rather small, it was an excellent pick.

Oh, and as it was on the brink of the French part of Switzerland, nobody seemed to care about the smoke ban indoors…

marc
              Participant

Fantastic setlist indeed!

Juergen
                Participant

Did they play "Go To California" as a single track or was it linked to "Cornucopia"?

Anonymous

Full version of Go to California, no cornucopia at all

Juergen
                    Participant

A full version of Go To California is a premiere for this tour.

pfnuesel
                      Participant

Despite living in Biel, I hope they never play this venue again. People were chatting so much, it was hard to get anything from the music. But the band seem to have enjoyed it.

Anonymous

I had good sound and few talking heads around me (left of center, at front) but I know that situation way too well.

Hate those people who chat during the quiet parts.

supernaut
                          Participant

I was front left, too and was pleasantly surprised about the little to no chatting. Lucky spot I guess? Un Chien's quiet parts were very enjoyable and undisturbed, so to speak. But bizarrely there was a little pogo crowd during The Golden Core. :) Probably due to the couple of rockers such as High Time and You Lied and a very big and intense The Tower right before that one, lots of energy around. Great night, kind of a best of everything set. Moody, jammy, spacey and fun rockey, all included. Yes maybe due to french influence there no one cared about the smoking ban. Felt like a timewarp back to the 90s when they played that venue every year.

supernaut
                            Participant

I was quite surprised to hear Un Chien in the middle of the show. I assumed they would open or end with it. And funnily enough in the last few days In Our Tree was constantly spinning through my head, so it was great they included it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994