2017-11-09 Conne Island / Leipzig

Home Forums General 2017-11-09 Conne Island / Leipzig

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    marc
    Participant

Now that the gig draws closer, I just checked out their 2010 setlist at this lovely place. Oh what a night that was!

The Other, Other Fool

Vanishing Point

Whole Lotta Diana

Greener

Starhammer

The Bomb-Proof Roll And Beyond

Year Zero

Mad Sun

Mountain

Hogwash/Halleluwah

The Golden Core

Cornucopia

Sparks

High Time

A Shrug & A Fistful

X-3

Come On In

The Other Anders
      Participant

Yes, good old mindblowing. Outer orbit achieved. The Bomb-Proof Roll & Beyond on Roadwork IV to prove it.

Be
        Participant

Was this the gig with the "spitting incident"?

otherdemon
          Participant
            Quote:
            Was this the gig with the "spitting incident"?

That would be correct. You can actually hear it on the audience recording from that night.

Setlist

ASFE

Intrepio EXP.

Dream Home

Greener

Lacuna/ Sun

Pacific Sun

Mountain

Superstooge

Ship Of Fools

Taifun

——

The Tower

Bartok

Plan #1 (!!!)

——

Feel

(On playlist but not played)

Golden Core

Time: 2:50

dongonz
            Participant

Hallelujah :D what a gig. Like always MP in Conne Island is very special! I remember 2010 (yees… the infamous Bent the Lama Gig… I actually was thinking about printing a Shirt with the Text: Shut up.. or Bent shall spit on you!) and 2015 (the Gig the Band considered maybe the best concert they ever played and it was sooo hot in there that the recording equipment failed). Sooo I was excited like a child before the concert this evening. And what should I say… It was absolutely mindblowing!!! First: Great Sound, perfect singing, very precise playing, only Kristoffers Horn-Microphone failed a bit during Taifun. Second: Kristoffer! Awesome guy! Someone said before, that maybe he is the best fourth Person on Stage with MP since ever. I think I agree! He gave the concert this piece of jazzy weirdness I totally love. Third: Tomas: I think he does MP real good! His drumming is soo acurate and on the point what makes the whole MP Sound more pointy ^^ You get the feeling that the musicians got more space to breath. Mostly a good thing imo. Fourth: The Songs they played… Well, I really wished for Radience Freq. but… who would complain when you see Taifun, Superstooge and Mountain! Personally Taifun was my highlight. I think I never saw it in concert so far and when I recognized it from the very first tone I closed my eyes and thanked every spiritual entity that could be. The new songs worked all very good as well. I read, especially at the beginning of the tour, many complained about Lacuna/Sunrise. So when they began with the song I feared a little bit, what might happen. But seriously… it was soo beautiful! Especially the Crimson-Like-Mid-Part!!!! Intreprid and Pacific got me totally in trance-mode and Deppenkogge… well… not from this planet! Bartok and Tower as first Encore, also very nice! Actually there was nothing disappointing at all! Great Show. Hehe… I would have loved seeing TGC as fifth encore but… I am not sure if the really going to play it in Conne Island anymore after 2010 ^^

Thanks for this awesome night! I am tired but I am also kind of in heaven :D

Great King Rat
              Participant

Greener!

Tomcat
                Participant

Looks supergood, I would have loved it as follow up on Cologne – no weak song or moment :-) (Let's see what Berlin is going to deliver tonight.)

fillmore
                  Participant

The day after Köln where our heroes have just performed the longest concert of the tour yet Motorpsycho deliver another long, playful, entertaining and very engaged show in Leipzig. They take the stage 10 minutes past show time (21:10) with "ASFE", "Internet Explorer" and "Dreamhome" before we get the flawless and majestic tour debut of "Greener". A 25 minute (!) version of "Lacuna" provides the jamming highlight of the night. They abandon the regular build up and dive directly into a noisy improvisation charakterized by harsh opposing riffs by Snah and Kristoffer. "Lacuna" indeed is the most exciting jamming vehicle of the tour apart from "K9" because we see the biggest variation within this piece, both regarding length and form. From here on out epicness and the long format rules the show. "Pacific Sonata" provides a breather only to oddly segue into a long and powerful "Mountain" which directly segues into "Superstooge" whose solo has a piercing and chrystalline guitar tone and it goes on forever. Ultimately, the following "Ship of Fools" whips the crowd into a frenzy. At this point of the show the audience seems to wake up as a small moshpit forms and the vibe is switched to party to the liking of the band. "Taifun" is magnificent and intense, especially the ending. Unfortunately Kristoffer's contributions on tuba are inaudible for most of the song. The encore shows just how "The Tower" songs have grown during the course of this tour. The title track of the new album itself has gained a new authority and openness and is greeted with cheers and more moshing in front of the stage. A sweet "Feel" as second encore engages the crowd in singing, the band is all smiles at this point. Bent says this was a magical night, waves and exits. Thank you Conne Island!

marc
                    Participant

Tried uploading a picture of the setlist, but didn't work. Anyway, a great night! Perso nal highlights: Taifun, I was hoping for and we got it. New songs work very well live. As Fillmore mwntioned, Lacuna had a brilliant mid-section…Lacuna/Space/Sunrise

Blashyrkh
                      Participant

What actually happened with the “spit incident” ? :D

marc
                        Participant

In 2010, at the very beginning of The Golden Core an annoying guy yelled around while everyone else was dead-silent and appreciating the moment. Mr. Saether decided to vent his anger by shooting some saliva in said person's general direction.

ThorEgil
                          Participant

At least we didn't get a "The Wall" album the year after :D

otherdemon
                            Participant

@marc: Not only that, he was actually singing opera during the beginning of the build-up where Bent plays bass alone. So Bent laid down the law, I guess…

Funny thing is: During this debacle, I looked at some of the hilarious notes in Dampsaba. Back in the early 90's, they were a far more "confrontational in-your-face" type of band, apparently. So I guess Bent resurrected his inner punk-rocker for a second there :lol:

fillmore
                              Participant

The recording is up in Dime. 26 minutes "Lacuna/Sunrise"!!! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994