29.06.2024 – DE, Erfurt – Bandhaus Über Erfurt (Rock & Heavy)

Home Forums Setlists 29.06.2024 – DE, Erfurt – Bandhaus Über Erfurt (Rock & Heavy)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mirai no maboroshi
    Participant

Setlist:

Mad Sun
      The Waning pt 1
      Wearing Yr Smell
      Psycholab
      Hey Jane
      All My Life (I Love You)
      Go To California
      Starmelt/Lovelight
      Patterns
      Psychonaut
      Quick Fix
      Rock Bottom
      Mountain
      X-3
      Hyena
      Into The Sun

Notes:
      – they played as a trio (Ingvald on drums, no Reine this time)
      – approx 1h30m

Francesco

marc
      Participant

Sorry, i was slower

marc
        Participant

No idea how to.delete that double topic :stg:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by marc.
          dongonz
          Participant

it was soo good to see them again :) my fav: Psychonaut. funny to see Bent switched the heavy Taurus to a MiniTaur/Roland Pk Footpaddle. When he kicked the paddle it felt like an earthquake hitting :)

boomer former helm
            Participant

That sounds exciting. Wow. Lucky you, to have had Psychonaut played :stg:

Btw, was the concert well received?

dongonz
              Participant

yes, the audience was very pleased i think :) it also felt longer than 1.5h to me. Dyse and MP were clearly the best acts that day. Dyse had somewhat of a homeplay since they were founded in Jena, not far from Erfurt.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                Participant

Bent and Snah also both looked in a very good shape! :stg:

suntripper
                  Participant

I’ve been noticing that! It’s a very good thing too!

Deadnautpsychohead
                    Participant

All My Life as a brand new one from forthcoming Neigh!! album (Skip Spence cover). My first MP gig in full daylight (somehow strange) and my first live Starmelt and Hyena after long waiting. Nice songy show, but also good jamming in Go To California and, of course, Mountain. It was quite hot, but Band and audience were in very good mood. Great open air venue above the roofs of Erfurt.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                      Participant

Venue was indeed great but no shades for the audience was a downside… :wacko:

Deadnautpsychohead
                        Participant

True. No parasols nor tents…no anything

marc
                          Participant

Due to the heat, the crowd was somewhat dazed and exhausted. Dyse, who played right before MP really know how to win a crowd over, but even for them it took a lot of effort…and they eventually succeeded. Linechecking with Judas Priest’s “Living after Midnight” set a cheerful mood right from the start. With the sun setting behind the stage, the atmosphere wonderfully fit the light-hearted concept regarding the singles-focused setlist. There were a couple of non-psychonauts in my travel party (they are good people, anyway :-) ) who struggled a bit with the more demanding club shows, so for them it was a nice way to find an approach to the band and discover greatness! They enjoyed it and I enjoyed it a lot as well. The sound was really good, especially a little further away from the stage towards FOH. Singing was really good also. Another thing that struck me was Ingvald’s fantastic playing. At Beatpol Dresden last year, I already thought: Wow, he’s got it! This works really well. Yesterday, the interplay between them was on an even higher level. Intuition, precision, nuances…..all magically formed a unit as if they played together since forever! What a band.

fillmore
                            Participant

What a summer night! Nice event, spectacularly located in a fortress above Erfurt. Decent crowd but venue could have held twice the amount of people. You could walk right up to the rail during the set or lie in the grass on the hillside with perfect sound and get high. What a setting, really! Bent, Snah and Ingvald delivered right from the start and the A-sides concept worked very well for me. So good to hear those songs and with the jamming later in the set they turned this into a proper MP show. Great version of “Go to California”, beautiful “Patterns” and the new song is really cool. I devoured a creamy soft ice while MP jammed out “Rock Bottom” in a cool way and the setting sun was blinding my eyes while I gazed out far into the distance overlooking Erfurt from our location atop a mountain. JUST EPIC. As good a summer ’24 moment as it will get. Later we got 14 fantastic minutes of “Mountain” and a super raw and dirty “Into The Sun” that totally brought the house down. Perfection! Afterwards Kadavar took the stage with authority and simply slayed, a band who has not reached their pinaccle yet, something that maybe cannot be said for our heroes from Trondheim……..

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by fillmore.
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994