MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS!

Home Forums General MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant
      Quote:
      otherdemon: You sure there wasn't a bandcrisis around Blissard? I distinctly remember reading an interview with Bent from around that time, in which he lamented the fact, that he was the only one writing stuff for the band and Snah & Geb weren't really pulling their weight. Could be wrong though.

Not that I know of. But I didn't read every single 1995/96 interview with the band either. And the ones I've read only focused on the fact that the studio session in Stockholm went to shit, and that they had to remix/re-record a huge part of it in Oslo.

Ratmaus
      Participant

You're not wrong, TvdR. There were rumors back in the days, but I can't remember any interview or article I've read where a band member has been really outspoken about it. This Norwegian one from the AADAP era kind of hints at it, though:

Quote:
        Denne gangen har heller ikke Bent vært nodt til å dra så mye av lasset på egen hånd. På Blissard er det vel mange "Sæther" i parentes på låtlista. Det siste året har glidd lettere. Alle har bidratt til låtene, og Snah har omsider blitt venn med mikrofonen. Bent har mast og mast.

Thanks otherdemon and Ratmaus! Should go through my severely depleted archives if I still have it, but I think it was in an interview with the magazine Highlife.

grtz, T

Great King Rat
        Participant

Great effort, BronYAur, thanks for all the work!

Concerning the most wanted songs, I think I can count myself fairly lucky, I've seen a lot of the songs mentioned. And my first concert was in 1999, which means I've missed quite a few shows. I, too, am a little bit surprised about TGC winning since they really play it every now and then. But then, maybe people also voted for it despite having seen it before… which would be fair enough.

Seeing Demon Box up there made me realize that I actually didn't even think of it when voting. Of course, I haven't seen it but maybe I had it in the back of my mind that they don't play it anymore and therefore didn't think of voting for it. The one song I'm longing for is up there, too: Radiance Freq (Radiator Freak, Radiance Frequency? What is its real name btw?). Glad to see I'm not the only one who's missing it. Maybe, one day…

As for the two main categories I'm in line with the majority. The big five albums from the 90s are outstanding and contain their best songs (with a few exceptions from later albums). I'm also surprised that a few songs didn't make it in the top ten, like STG, f.ex. But on the other hand, I have to admit that picking the top ten songs was the most difficult thing to do. Actually, I've done that before with friends, and I think my list back then was different from the one I went for now. And I guess if I did it again today or tomorrow, it would change again, probably not completely but still a good deal.

Again, great job, BronYAur, and very enjoyable to read!

Pity I didn't vote. I picked up on the poll too late to really give at proper consideration, and I didn't want to make a half-assed effort. No big surprises – except for worst song being 'Composite Head'. Far worse songs can be found on the 'Walkin' With J' e.p. IMO.

Sjur577
          Participant

I too count myself fairly lucky when it comes to what songs I've seen them play, and I saw MP for the first time at Øya in 2006. However, I have a friend who always misses out on the shows where they play The Golden Core, while I miss out every time he gets to see Wearing Yr Smell(best song IMO. Saw it at Øya'10, so didn't vote for it) and Flick of the Wrist.

Great King Rat
            Participant

Yeah, Wearing yr smell is also on my wanted-list! Haven't seen it in 25 shows. Sjur577, did your friend start going to concerts in 2006, too? How often have they played that song since then(apart from Oya which I couldn't attend)?

Coventry Boy
              Participant

If i remember correctly, they played Wearing your smell at Übel und Gefährlich im Hamburg'10. it was the show with the false fire alarm, which not could be stopped for about 10 minutes.

EDIT: And i just looked back for the setlist of 2009 in the same location. There they played The golden Core as the last encore…

He he….That was the best MP show i've seen so far.

stereosofa
                Participant

yes, you remember correctly coventry boy. they played wearing yr smell at this show: http://motorpsycho.fix.no/comeonin/forums/topic.php?id=492

Great King Rat
                  Participant

Hehehe… I guess I should have known 'cause I clearly expressed my disappointment that I've missed that show back then. Oh well, I can't remember everything I did in the last one and a half years…

Sjur577
                    Participant

haha, I see I didn't make myself clear. He's a couple of years older than me, so I doubt he's seen Wearing Yr Smell in recent years. However, when we discuss MP concerts, I always brag about having seen TGC twice, while he says "well, they've played Flick and/or Wearing every single time I've seen them, so I'm good"

Missed out on Drug Thing the last time they played it here in Bergen(2008) because of an exam. Still bitter.

harry
                      Participant

By the way, if there would have been a category in this poll about best concert or part of a concert, I'd vote for the sequence Greener/Flick of the wrist/Heartattack Mac/

Plan #1 from the Paradiso concert on 21 october 2009.

The best 45 or so minutes of music I have ever witnessed, and one of the best 45 minutes ever in my life..

Only problem was that after that I was so drained. I didn't even recognize they played The Ace a couple of songs later.

Any thoughts on your would have been vote?

supernaut
                        Participant

hello

I'd like to change my BEST GUITAR SOLO vote to The Ozzylot.

AND YOU ALL SHOULD, TOO!

odindahle
                          Participant

Why didnt Flick Of The Wrist win the "best bass-song"? The bassline is freakin awesome!

And i can´t believe why people hate these songs?

2 VOTES:

Close Your Eyes (It´s a decent song!)

Coventry Boy (Why??)

L.T.E.C. (WHYYY?)

Mr. Butterclut Goes to the Fair (fair enough!)

Of Beacons & Beams (Sure!)

The Mirror and the Lie (ONE OF MY FAVS!! Yous should listen to this song every week!)

Whole Lotta Diana (Its also freakin awesome!!)

3 VOTES:

B.S. (nice song too!)

What If (Also a nice song!)

4th place with 4 votes: WALKIN' WITH J (It´s catchy and nice!)

3rd place with 5 votes: NEVER LET YOU OUT (It´s a fun tune with a happy "style")

2nd place with 6 votes: NEVERLAND (GUYS??)

AND THE WINNER (OR THE LOSER?) IS:

COMPOSITE HEAD wiith 8 votes! (FREAKIN AWESOME!)

Disappointed! It´s not that im like one of those guys who says: "There´s no bad Motorpsycho song. They´re all awesome!). They have some bad tunes, but these are´nt the ones to list up!!

Puh!

Great King Rat
                            Participant

@odindahle: It's a matter of taste, it's that simple. Imagine everybody loved and hated the same things – how boring a place this world were!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994