Studio in France June 2019?

Home Forums General Studio in France June 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant
      ThorEgil
      Participant

That's where Sugarfoot recorded their latest album (a masterpiece). So maybe Bent liked it there?

Vegard B. Havdal
        Keymaster

Is it Snah with a Tele in the background? :)

GBD
          Participant
            cloudhawker
            Participant

W.T.F.???? (initial thought). Hahaha, I am actually really looking forward to this, in a very curious kind of way (second thought). All you non-Norwegians are going to be very confused when you hear this (third thought). Actually, the more I think about this… the mere thought of this puts a big smile on my face. Ha! (fourth thought).

The Other Anders
              Participant

Great! Bent mentioned this project already in the video interview from the record store gig in London last month. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvjPtrUKTU

naur
                Participant

An online-article by a german magazine (rolling stone) also talked about Motorpsycho producing the new Ole Paus album.

ThorEgil
                  Participant

Can't wait to hear the results from this session.

I've never been to France, but I was there when the same Ole Paus inducted Motorpsycho into Rockheim Hall of Fame back in 2016.

Must have been some interesting discussions at the celebration party afterwards.

[img]https://i0.wp.com/thoregilphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/motorpsycho-thoregilleirtrc3b8-8.jpg?zoom=3&fit=780%2C2900&ssl=1[/img]

naur
                    Participant

So, what is this really about. What said the adressa articel?

MP is backing band for Ole Paus new record. Bent is also producer, while the band plays all the instrucments, Reine is with them too. It will be Paus album.

I would say Ole Paus is sort of norwegian answer to Leonard Cohen, with lyrics being the most important thing. It's not my cup of tea, however for sure he has followers in Norway,

while this will not help introduce MP for a younger audience, Paus was born in 1947…

Highly surprising line of actions :-)

Ole Paus was present at the Sentrum gig this spring.

kjellepelle
                      Participant

From todays Adressa

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4L7Vc4b.jpg?1[/img]

adressa

TraktorBass
                        Participant

Well this is an interesting turn of events. Looking forward to hearing the result!

Punj Lizard
                          Participant

Can anyone recommend any Ole Paus albums to listen to?

The Other Anders
                            Participant

Try "Garman" from 1972. His second album, same concept as the new one, with Norwegian leading 60s band "The Pussycats" as backing band. His best album according to most people.

Punj Lizard
                              Participant

Thanks Anders – as helpful as ever :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994