The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019)

Home Forums General The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    shakti
    Participant

BTW, this down-tuned riffing that Snah has been doing lately is also a bit of a nod to Motorpsycho's early days. It was all over the first few albums up to and including Timothy's Monster (at least the early version), but then the alternate tunings seemed to take more over.

Perhaps revisiting Demon Box inspired this?

Smarti333s
      Participant

Your descriptions are super interesting. Tickles my imagination. Don't want to listen to it until it comes out, the anticipation grows.

naur
        Participant

From the Stickman Newsletter:

Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered the new Motorpsycho album The Crucible! These beauties have arrived at the ranch and are being prepared for shipping next week. Though our exclusive colored edition has sold out, the black version is still available in our webstore!

YES! :D

Punj Lizard
          Participant

"Lux Aeterna"

NA KRAWĘDZI ŚWIATŁA [PDM #213] (Rockserwis.fm)

http://www.rockserwis.fm/serwis.do?menu=main&pid=18571&cat=50&l=1 (00:16:53 – 00:27:23)

marc
            Participant

Punj! Great find, thanks!

Tomcat
              Participant

A good interview with Bent incl. insights into the new album and the psychoverse in general:

https://www.betreutesproggen.de/2019/02/bent-sther-motorpsycho-on-the-crucible

punknotyet
                Participant

Very nice interview, thank you!

It also has links to interviews about The Tower and HBM. Will read them as well.

Punj Lizard
                  Participant

Thanks Tomcat.

marc
                    Participant

Thanks, so they have 2 to 4 songs left from the recording sessions. EP/single? ;)

ThorEgil
                      Participant

Looks like Bent Sæther and Bob LeBad need to speak together more often.

Kid A
                        Participant

Really cool interview. Thanks for the find! What Bent says about KK and the Geb-era songs, was exactly my thought, when I saw Tomas live first. There´s the punch into the guts, that KK could never really deliver. Listened to HMF just this morning and was wondering why this album never really got me, instead of the very good songwriting. And I think the drums is the key. Listen to Starhammer live recordings from the last tour and you know what I mean ;)

(Hey, but I LOVE KK with Spidergawd :twisted: )

Ercarnar
                          Participant

That's interesting, I always felt Kenneth was mind blowing as far as "impact" in the band!

JERO
                            Participant

GEB was the original guy, soulful drumming. Kenneth precise and Rock, did a great job for a certain MP-era. But now with Tomas, there's adventure again. His jazzy approach (all ears!), the crazy Brufordesque rolls and fills all over the place,his handling of dynamics; very impressive, like in Lux Aeterna, and all the time you have the feeling he is still growing and developping into probably one of the greatest drummers of our time. Again; so lucky to witness this band.

Been listening to Lux a lot by ways of that Polish podcast, and it's really hard not to use only superlatives like that German music-journalist does…This is perfection, there you go. An 11 minute symphony, and in lyrics and moods something like a process we go through confronted with death/the end : (denial) those first words; (anger) the total krankjoreme fucked up supernatural Snah part at 2/4 of the song; (reflection/sorrow) the bluesy part and (acceptance)the reprise. I'm not saying this is what the song is meant to be about, it's what I found listening to it's wonderful structure.

When that new album arrives sometime these next days, I'm damn sure it will fill this house with Motorpsychodelic sound for a long long while!

Fiske Boll
                              Participant

Picked up a nice early surprise at the post office today. First listen now. Promising.

boomer former helm
                                Participant

really? :STG:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 232 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994