The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma #31447
    The Other Anders
    Participant

@ Punj Lizard: Thank you. My mistake.

@ Shakti: I kindly disagree about Lacuna Sunrise having a lame jam. It is on of the songs that differs the most from night to night. So far we have documented versions of everything from 10 to 16 minutes, and the jams and the whole structure of this piece varies greatly from night to night, depending on who takes the lead, and where it leads them.

in reply to: 2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma #31441
      The Other Anders
      Participant

Very intense version of Heartattack Mac. Overpowered in the loud parts, but the hauntingly beautiful ending is well worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-mp7SToMw

in reply to: Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels #31297
        The Other Anders
        Participant

Error 404?

in reply to: 2017-11-03 Campus Industry – Parma #31440
          The Other Anders
          Participant

Seems they just don't play it every night for the time being. Instead A.S.F.E. seems to have moved in the opposite direction, from sporadic to regular.

Intrepid was last played four concerts ago in Frankfurt, four concerts before that, in Sint-Niklaas, and the day before in Amsterdam, while it was rested in Bremen and London. Before that it was a regular.

I agree that it worked very well in Larvik (judging by recording). Beautiful and far out, and almost 13 minutes long, while most versions have been around 11. Also in Copenhagen was it a highlight, with a great space-out.

Ironic that the song has not been part of what has been considered the most psychedelic concerts of the tour so far, like for instance Bremen, Brussels and Biel.

in reply to: 2017-11-01 Biel, Coupole #31404
            The Other Anders
            Participant

Wow!

in reply to: Poll: How many shows have you attended? #31330
              The Other Anders
              Participant

I am pretty sure mefisto has seen more.

in reply to: Poll: How many shows have you attended? #31327
                The Other Anders
                Participant

160. First one was Oslo, Sentrum Scene March 1994.

in reply to: Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels #31288
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

Bremen II! Setlist looks just as epic and psychedelic, even if half of the songs changed compared to Bremen. Very interesting to know that Kristoffer compiled it. Must be the first, or one of the first where The Tower was not played. Also Dream Home gets a rare rest, and Intrepid Explorer has been missing in several setlists lately.

Looking forward to the recording, Vortex 155 :D

Now, can we get a concert with both Chien, Tower, Intrepid, Ship of Fools, Sonata, HBM, Taifun, Wheel, Golden Core and Vortex Surfer on this tour? Plus Lacuna and H-mac? That would be pretty trippy.

in reply to: Some Numbers! (silly statistics for previous tours…) #31271
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

Love it!

in reply to: 2017-10-27 Tilburg, 013 #31247
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

I agree it's a privilege, but I find several more examples in Dampsaba in both 94, especially 95, and also 96.

in reply to: Amsterdam, 24th October 2017 #31169
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant
                          in reply to: 2017-10-19 Copenhagen, Loppen #30975
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Haha! We will have to count one day…

Two nice videos from Loppen up on YouTube. Luckily not Hey Jane.

August

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BUdJwH7ko&t=1s

Upstairs-Downstairs, with audible horn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dShITCMP04

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31054
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

But I am probably not among "a lot of people" in this regard. I am not there to clap along to familiar stuff. My dream concert would be a combination of classic space-outs done in surprising new ways, surprising space-outs done inside classics, new songs, and unreleased songs. The more it deviates from the records, the better. The more obscure, the better. I wanna be challenged and amazed! Which I am by this tour, even if I only follow it through audience recordings.

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31053
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

I only saw Copenhagen, where we got Plan #1 as encore. I would have preferred HBM. Or Un Chien. I was longing for one last really far out space-out, even after Ship of Fools and Alchemyst concluding the main set. Plan #1, however classic and beautiful in its own right, left me on a bit of a flat note. While I agree that a Starhammer>Mountain kind of thing, or a Kill Devil Hills with a space-out inside could have done the trick, I don't think the availability on record is important, at least not in the way you describe it. I'd rather hear a rare song than something I have heard many times before, unless it is Un Chien. Fool's Gold was cool when they reintroduced it years ago. While also a beautiful song, and even performed as an epic, I think that one too leaves me a bit on a flat note these days, as opposed to for instance HBM.

in reply to: Amsterdam, 24th October 2017 #31162
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

You beat me to it, Rune. Great that you were there. Of course you were. How did she like it? And did you record?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994