stalemate

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO WINTER and SPRING 2013 #23314

Hi,

Anybody knows when Centralstation in Darmstadt usually makes tickets available and where?

br

Stalemate

in reply to: Orgelfest II in Oslo Domkirke #20677

Wasn't the first song after the opening "Child of the Future"? The lyrics were familiar, but I could be wrong…

s

in reply to: Orgelfest II in Oslo Domkirke #20674

I saw a NRK production-truck outside, I'm guessing Lydverket will broadcast.

Music: Good, not spectacular

Laser/lights: I'll get back to that when I'm out of my epelectic seizure…

-s

in reply to: First Strings of Stroop on Ebay.. #20642

True that – I've played it once, it's not really "Roadworks-standard", but it's ok.

Well, that's market economy for you – IMO it should be "one concert-ticket = one record", of course – or just preorder and pickup with the limitations – but again, if this were a "1 per person"-record, they'd still be sold on Ebay…

-s

in reply to: First Strings of Stroop on Ebay.. #20633

Chien, yeah, needed to catch some shuteye after my trip to… Eindhoven.. :P

Price is redicolous thou.. Am I the only one reacting? Should I call my copy "my retirement fund"?

s

in reply to: [misantropy] things the dutch should know #20423

GBD: Dare I say… "There, There"? ;)

I've written dumber things than that!!

in reply to: [misantropy] things the dutch should know #20418

Tvdr, there's a difference between cheering and crooning and "neuk, keuk-hahahaha" constantly, as I'm sure you agree.

This is not Dutch specific behaviour, except us Norwegians, who knows all the songs, has the perfect tone, and genereally smells like roses no matter what we eat, you must have been mistaken about the show in Copenhagen, probably sweedes, an honest mistake, and you are forgiven, good sir.;)

What Thom Yorke got wrong is that his music isn't much to cheer about, nobody claps their hands when they wander off with rope in hand.

But could it be that I've seen Motorpsycho mostly in small venues all these years, and one of my raison d' nagging is down to poor accoustics? I've seen several complaints about soundquality at de effenaar lately…

in reply to: [misantropy] things the dutch should know #20410

hehe, there we go!

I was behind the soundman, slightly off to the right, not being a headbanger or groover, I prefer the calmer places, for better sound.

I'm able to tell 37 different french cheesefarts apart, the dutch I haven't finished study yet, but I'm of to a nosebleeding start, jesus rollerskating christ, could that guy break a bad one.

I'm guessing exposure to naked flame is not the way to go, but perhaps handing out champagne-cork size buttpluggs is a better option in this matter. Stun gun? I loose control of most orifices when that happens to me, so I'm not recommending it to aid this problem.

"Eindhoven, Europes Windy City"? Or perhaps Effenar should get a fan from the military surplus-store?

-s

in reply to: [misantropy] things the dutch should know #20404

Laila

there there, now you're going further than me in implying that the Dutch is a nation of farting shrill-laughing morons! give yourself some credit ;)

A few norse evil-eye did get the message across thou, and they seemed to move further back.

I haven't noticed that amount of talk/shouting before, but again, I may have struck a bad spot.

And that periodic draft of gouda and strong mustard.. will linger in my mind for a while, definitively…

-s

in reply to: Setlist Effenaar 15/10/11? #20389

It's Nothing to say with Mountain as the interlude :)

Good show, but it seemed a bit lacking in flow and fous, certainly because it's at the beginning of the tour. I was hoping for some new material, but is not complaining.

Enjoyed Junior, No evil and Vortex most.

-s

thanks lucid! cached on my google maps :) Excellent tips!

Hope I make it there in time to get some legwork done – and there's always sunday.

s

in reply to: Vinyl – Demon Box ++ #19359

Bootleg series #8, Tell Tale Signs. Bob at his best (imnsho) :-)

in reply to: Vinyl – Demon Box ++ #19357

Thanks!

I've been looking for Demon Box for a while, but my observations corresponds with yours – it's a ghost – too bad, should be reprinted like timothys thou. a 100euro is a bit stiff, but I'll keep looking.

@Sernst
    & TraktorBass – I live in Oslo, and is already equipped with a electric collar which zaps me every three minutes at Bigdipper, hehe, wasn't aware of the other places thou, as a VinylNoob, I've been collecting from discogs.de, ebay and even Amazon.co.uk (got TrustUs and Angels and Daemons on Amazon, not kidding, even got a semi-rare Bob Dylan set at 1/5th of the norwegian going rate, but that's another forum) so gems appear in the strangest places apparently…

they did a fine job hiding the webshop from me, those coy bastards, but now I am onto them, thanks ThorEgil. The quest continues

br

S

in reply to: If You Have To Name Only ONE MP Song… #12640

hehe, good question, and good answers:)

For some reason, when I saw the topic, I thought of Watersound, haven’t heard it in a while, about to do something about it now :)

IF, however, if it’s not as good as I remembered it, I’d have to say She Left on the Sunship – had a mpsychodelic moment last summer, we were sailing the Biscaya, in pretty rough sea, the boat crashing through the waves with Sunship booming on the stereo, it was magical!

– stalemate

in reply to: Child of the future – deleyed!!! #12576

… and for the record *pun very much pondered, formulated and intended*, I’m bummed about it being delayed as well, was planning on giving it to my brother for his b’day.

But Vinyl – get the following horror story from the dungeons of beyond – or my aforementioned brothers house as you might call it – his 4 year old son (already heavily into DumDumBoys, and the “pop-albums”, but he’ll turn) had a short and devastating career as a dj, the kind that points to the ground and make strange noises with perfectly good albums, now, there should be some kind of punishment for doing that, wasn’t there a band of some sort who had a b-side of some bizarre sort, named “It should be death penalty for smashing a perfectly good guitar” back in the 70’s, anyone other than me heard of this? O well, where was I, yes, he made a painful screeching noise with an album of some sort, wrecking both the LP AND the needle of the RP, not a big deal no? *place flashlight under face*

well, they had to wait 4 months! four! to get a new needle!

Now that’s a delay worse than anything stickman can throw at us, or you in this case. AND it could easily been solved with a minor purchase at the local plasticpushers – but nooo, Vinyl was their poison of choice, and the silence rang through the dungeons for months after, only interrupted by messages from hifi-klubben saying “we’ll have it in next week”… spooky.

BESIDES that, I’m sure a CD would be easier to manufacture anyway, and I subconsciously transmitted a subliminal message through a earlier referred thread here, this album will bring nothing but voes and waiting, but did anyone listen, nooo… I hate to be the one who says “I Told you so”, but here we are.

o well, thx for the espresso TvDr :D

-stalemate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994