marc

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42625
    marc
    Participant

Hope they bring some of the “singles exclusively” concept of the Norwegian dates to the subsequent part of the summer dates. Lots of gems

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42246
      marc
      Participant

29.06.2024 “BANDHAUS ÜBER ERFURT”-Festival / Erfurt (Germany)

Bandhaus über Erfurt 2024

:stg:

in reply to: 29.11.2023 DE Berlin – SO36 #42217
        marc
        Participant

Sounds great! How long was the show? How far did the wheel roll? ;)

in reply to: 28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol #42169
          marc
          Participant

@boomer Thanks a lot for your super-swift reply! The record/ticket-store I frequent a lot told me that tickets are gone, but a friend just sent me a link where ordering online still worked. Thanks..problem solved ;-)
            Same for Berlin. Some ticket stores say sold out, but the link on motorpsycho.no still seems to offer some!

in reply to: Live covers #42063
            marc
            Participant

I prefer a classic over a cover, simply because meanwhile many many gems don’t make it into the setlist anymore. After 30 albums the band would have to play 4hour-sets to appropriately represent their discography and with each new release chances to hear old tunes get lower. That’s the downside of hypercreativity, i guess :-) Buthey…after all, it is their party….they can do whatever they want! Looking forward to Dresden.

in reply to: 11.10.2023 DE Duesseldorf – zakk #41992
              marc
              Participant

Sounds promising. I really want to know (as i did in the past) how they rehearse while being on tour? Extended soundchecks for sure, but given the number and length of the tunes, i wonder if they do something like “dry-playing” the songs while on the highways :-) If anyone knows…enlighten me please!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by marc.
                in reply to: 07.10.2023 – DK, Copenhagen – Hotel Cecil #41919
                marc
                Participant

Thanks!

Interesting that they decided to go heavy on HMF and BTS.

in reply to: 23.09.23 – Verkstedhallen, Trondheim #41793
                  marc
                  Participant

Wow, never read such harsh words from die-hard/long-term forum dwellers. In a way i am now both sad and glad i don’t get to see the temporary line-up. Some of the post-Geb gigs i attended were a let down, most were brilliant….so i am not too worried. That’s part of the mechanics of the band i guess….often they lift off and sometimes they don’t. And i simply can’t imagine they “unlearned” how to do a proper live show! Come on, who are we talking about here :stg:
                    Looking forward to Dresden.

in reply to: 22.09.2023 – NO, Tromsø – Driv #41750
                    marc
                    Participant

Wow, they sound great! I think i see what some of you mean regarding a certain lack of punch on the snare, yet it’s great how he straightens matters a bit. Really great footage! Enjoy the Trondheim gig everyone!

in reply to: 16.09.2023 – NO, Bergen – Røkeriet USF #41724
                      marc
                      Participant

Thanks! We’ll see how things change after the next drummer swap :) I for one have absolutely no problem with a 20+ song setlist and a little more 4/4 measure. :stg:

in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41531
                        marc
                        Participant

Oh, sorry Mate! Not the kind of vibe i Wish to anyone ;)

in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41528
                          marc
                          Participant

Two more Cents:

– Love that Snah is very present on the Album
                            – really like the combination of acoustic guitars and gently subdued fuzz bass…not for the sake of being brutal but just that little edge it needs to not make it too tame
                            – as someone mentioned earlier, i also get a late 90/00s vibe from it

in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41524
                            marc
                            Participant

Wow, i didnt expect it to be rather sparse. After reading who would be involved in the making, i expected it to be more dungen-like psychedelia/eclectic kammermusik. It is really great. The last albums were more from the head, this is more from the belly and the Heart.

Regarding fade-outs: I also hated them in the past. Thought of them that the artist was being too lazy or uninspired to craft a proper ending. Now i really love them if they fit the song. There is something bittersweet about it….like looking back at your love when the train departs ;)

in reply to: YAY! – Album reviews #41475
                              marc
                              Participant

Musikreviews

Rating: 12 out of 15

According to Hans Magnus “Snah” Ryan, MOTORPSYCHO currently have the feeling that they have just started making music because they still have so much to say – mind you after a good 30-year band history! With their new album, the Norwegians show another facet of their shapeshifting self and, to a certain extent, also put up an alternative to their last two or three long players, which were thoughtful and tied to complex content concepts. The short and concise title “Yay!” says nothing direct and yet says a lot: The material is comparatively uncomplicated and prompted its creators to make this exclamation precisely because they had so much fun writing and recording the predominantly acoustic and traditionally song-oriented songs. The barely expansive tracks are focused on the lyrics and kept in the best singer-songwriter tradition, although the musicians’ Psych-Prog background still shines through.

“Yay!” bursting with different flavors, is colorful like its cover – ‘Cold & Bored’ comes in two parts, Mediterranean or Latin-like, ‘Sentinels’ mostly instrumental (the band still remains committed because they couldn’t jam freely while working on the songs ) and ‘ Dank State ‘ buoyantly sunny in the spirit of the Beatles’ psychedelic pop at their peak. In keeping with this, most of the texts tell more or less banal everyday stories with a wink and quite serious overtones; Brittle melodies and percussion elements are among the mainstays of the album, for example in ‘W.C.A’ or the summery finale ‘The Rapture’. The only heavy rocker ‘Hotel Daedalus’ – with ‘Kashmir’ flair (Led Zeppelin) – is at the extreme end of the range of MOTORPSYCHO anno 2023, the weird love song ‘Loch Meaninglessness & the Mull of Dull’ and the melancholic ballad ‘ Real Again (Norway shrugs and stays at home)´ on the other. CONCLUSION: With “Yay!” MOTORPSYCHO go a little way back into the song-like years of their work and present a basically acoustic album that Reine Fiske and Lars Fredrik Swahn (Dungen and others) refined with a wonderfully intimate production. The result is, in the best sense of the word, quirky folk-prog-pop for a wider audience than usual, although the band’s handwriting remains recognizable at all times.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Tribute Series #41465
                                marc
                                Participant

Really cool twist as a kraut tune. That riff is just eternal. It was the first i learned on bass after i discovered MP and noticed that using a distortion pedal on bass works pretty dann well :-)

That riff loop, that celestial transition with the melody notes and that massive final chord…..the definition of epic music

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994