grindove

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Your favourite Motorpsychodelic Winter-Summer tune… #32841
    grindove
    Participant

@ JERO + mybestfriend83

You know it was LLM's 10th anniversary today (28/3)?

in reply to: California EP #30735
      grindove
      Participant
        Quote:
        3-what you should stick in your anus

Don't offer him that pleasure :D

in reply to: Worst Motorpsycho Songs #31802
        grindove
        Participant

@mybestfriend83

For me, "Begynnelser" is great night music! I'd prefer it as a two-sided LP instead of 2×10", though. Hey, I support "active listening" (flipping a 46 minute album halfway through is fine), but not "athletic listening" (running to the turntable every 12th minute really interupts the flow).

in reply to: Worst Motorpsycho Songs #31799
          grindove
          Participant

Interesting, this! So far eight songs that I REALLY like has been listed as "worst":

-"Walkin' with J" (one of my favorites on "Let them…")

-"The promise" (everything on "Behind the sun" is amazing, except "On a plate" and the verses of "Cloudwalker")

-"Neverland" (I'm one of those liking it)

-"Year Zero" (one of my top 15 Mp tracks)

-"Kill Devil Hills" (didn't realize its full quality until "Roadwork 4" was released)

-"This otherness" (one of the few great tracks on "…love cult")

-"Grindstone" (love it, but I agree about the ending, so I prefer the version on "The unreleased first edition" included in the 2010 box)

-"Feedtime" (one of their better "metal" songs)

Quote:
            It would be fair, if you all present YOUR Songs and all the other Psychonauts could discuss about in this forum.

Not addressed towards me, but I would actually LOVE to hear which songs fans of my bands DON'T like (and why) :-)

Guess I won't make a "Worst Mp songs" top 7, but I've been thinking about starting an "Overrated" thread (with no rules). Maybe that would be somewhat overkill now when this thread is up (even if "worst" definitely NOT is the same as "overrated")? An "Underrated" thread to accompany that would be sweet, as well :-)

in reply to: Stockholm #30955
            grindove
            Participant

Yezzz, total brilliance! As I've studied the setlists from the Norwegian part of the tour, "No evil" and "Hey, Jane" came as nice surprises. Great choices, both of them! I LOVE the latter!

For once they choose to regularly play my favorite tracks off the album they are touring. Lovely! "ASFE" not a fave of mine, neither a regular (yet), but still OK, despite being one of the "lowpoints" of the show, together with "Fools gold", actually (great on record, but sort of anticlimax finishing the gig).

Good sound where I was standing (in front of Bent). Live Tomas REALLY convinced me he's the perfect successor of Kenneth! Pure awesomeness throughout, and with his own style, flow and feel! Very welcome! Cool also to see him stand up for some backing vocals :)

Weird fact: first "Plan #1" live for me, and I've seen Mp 14 times (starting 1996). Finally, haha! I mean, it's not rare that they play it, I've just been unlucky.

A few pix – of course quite halfassed (hey, I'm not cam wiz ThorEgil) – including a surprisingly hairless Tomas:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grindove/albums/72157688196778493

in reply to: AADAP Deluxe Edition box set #29779
              grindove
              Participant

@otherdemon: Sorry, "delicate" might be wrong word. I suppose "certain" is more correct.

in reply to: AADAP Deluxe Edition box set #29777
                grindove
                Participant

I thought "Flick…" was left out because they weren't 100% pleased with how that recorded version turned out. Lacking some delicate feel they wanted to come through, or something. Good enough for being an EP bonus track, but not for the album, they figured. I'm (almost) sure I read or heard that 20 years ago :|

in reply to: AADAP Deluxe Edition box set #29686
                  grindove
                  Participant

I trust you concerning those Demon Box shows. I bet even I had worshipped, of course :mrgreen: And altered track order brings a little, and just enough, unpredictability to it – good!

About Unicorn: actually I've never seen any need for the whole thing to be performed as one piece. I enjoy the album at home and in my headphones – believe me – but I had appreciated if they skipped about half of it live. I thought it felt a bit forced. And most parts work fine as individual songs on their own, I'd say.

Yes, kippenhok, of course it's up to the band members to choose whatever they want to play – I'm not saying anything else. I needed to air my feelings, which everyone is free to do :wink: I've felt so alone not supporting the "Whole Album" trend :|

Less opinions = boring! More opinions = fun! (That's just MY opinion.)

in reply to: AADAP Deluxe Edition box set #29680
                    grindove
                    Participant

-"Motorpsycho performs Angels and deamons at Play at some festival(s)?"

-"And it´s allowed to dream of an anniversary tour, performing the whole album"

Am I the only one in the world that's totally against the "whole album in its entirety" live trend that never seem to come to an end? Really, when seeing bands play live I wanna be surprised when every song ends and the next one starts, and I think that this is one of many things that make Motorpsycho awesome – not being predictable during shows/tours.

The show I attended on the "Unicorn" tour was probably the least good Mp gig I've seen (good for being rock music, but not exciting compared to Mp's otherwise super high standard), and when fans here started to wish for a whole tour of complete "Demon box" album performances (after a few successful and appreciated shows of that), I just thought "let's NOT travel anywhere to attend one of those, if it happens" :?

in reply to: Here Be Monsters #28640
                      grindove
                      Participant

YESSS! Great album! Thanks a LOT!

After third listen I started to skip "Spin…". It's really good, they do it very, very well, beautiful playing, impressive singing etc, but being a tune I'm already familiar with, it sort of ruins the whole "new album" feel for me, and hey, I'm not even THAT familiar with the song. But being placed first on side B, it's extremely easy to skip :) So, I shouldn't complain, but would have prefered to see it as a single-only (or part of an EP).

Luckily, I don't get any of the "LTEC"/"IALC"/"Phanerothyme" vibes some forumists mention, except for maybe some note combos. Those are good albums (with a few totally amazing tracks), but I'm already willing to say I like "HBM" more, and I'm super happy to not get a feeling of something already released, in that way.

I'm looking forward to hear Kenneth a bit more upfront and hungry again. If not happening, I'll claim it's waste of talent :) His work on "Behind The Sun" is beyond stunning, AND it's not show-off for the sake of it, but truly lifts the songs (I'm actually most impressed by what he's doing in the soft parts there, and to me that's top musician quality). But, as already told by others, his more laidback/anonymous approach here on "HBM" fits the material, because – yes – he really IS one of the very best drummers ever! But I'm sure I'll get more Kenneth on next album. Or, maybe as soon as on the soon to be released 12"? Which I run the risk of missing, due to impossibility to catch a show on the tour :(

Ouff, too much crap… I basically just dropped in to say:

I'd be surprised if "Here Be Monsters" is not my favorite album of 2016 by the end of the year. Total love!

in reply to: Carte Blanche & Motorpsycho at the Oslo Opera House #29019
                        grindove
                        Participant
                          Quote:
                          Why a tour only limited edition 12"? Now i am worried it will be sold put nu the time the tour hits the netherlands…

Seems the tour doesn't even hit Sweden, so… :/

in reply to: TWO NEW MP-BOOKS IN ENGLISH!!! PRE-ORDER NOW! #28176
                          grindove
                          Participant

Blashyrkh

Got them on Monday 19th.

Got the comp that day, too.

EDIT: And that's Stockholm, Sweden.

in reply to: Timothys Monster Stickman 1994 #28403
                            grindove
                            Participant

3324-1-Ao

in reply to: New first official Motorpsycho homepage #26096
                              grindove
                              Participant

Crap! I've been updating the shop site more than once every hour today, but still managed to miss it :(

in reply to: The Motorpnakotic Manuscripts #26494
                                grindove
                                Participant

Have you seen that seller's other items?

backman

Eeeheh…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994