Johnny_Heartfield

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

They could use the plunderphonics method – remember the "Grayfolded" album with 2 cd-long mix versions consisting of every "Dark Star" ever recorded live by the Dead?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayfolded

Hope they don't try it with "Neverland" though…

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32601
      Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

My guess:

A1: Un Chien de Cologne 1

A2: Un Chien de Cologne 2

B1: The Cuckoo

Heartattack Mac

B2: In Every Dream Home

Lacuna Sunrise (Leipzig)

C1: Lacuna Sunrise (Leipzig Pt. 2)

C2: Bartok (or preferably A.S.F.E.)

Taifun

Probably something completely different…

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32590
        Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Yahoo! I'm in for RW III and V. Already wondered whether RW V would include one of these extragalactical space dogs – preferably the Cologne one. That would inevitably make it a triple album. Fantasies come true!

As for the other RW releases – I love 'em! RW I had been my favourite MP record for a while (when I only had two of them and had listened Trust Us to death…) – and RW II is just wonderful. Found RW IV a bit disappointing – they probably should have gone for the triple format back then already. Should have included Cornucopia in full at the least – and a little bit more of HMF. RW III also includes a fantastic version of 577 – reason enough to buy its vinyl twin.

in reply to: Songs or albums you changed yr mind about #32563
          Johnny_Heartfield
          Participant

I never really treasured Demon Box in the original CD version. Somehow too much noise and too little harmonic content for me. That having said – I always loved several songs on it, but as a whole it didn't do for me – until the 2LP re-release came out. And wow – suddenly all the pieces fell into shape: a great album indeed! With "Mountain" included and on 4 LP sides it's a different beast!

Listened to "It's A Love Cult" recently (also 2-LP version) and refreshed my original esteem for the album. As a whole definitely another MP highlight, whatever you might think. Had forgotten how good it sounded – great rockers, great "Mirror & the Lie", excellent production, clear % well sung vocals not submerged in the mix or weakened by too many yes-ish harmony backing as happened so often in the Kenneth era. (COTF !)

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32249
            Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

I wonder – will they sell their "cave tyrannis" t-shirts in Petersburg?

in reply to: Roadburn 2018 – setlist speculation #32494
              Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

@ pfnuesel: You're almost right – setlist fm lists 194 Chiens and 177 Plans. And yet you cannot be sure to expect a K9 every second gig. And how could they play K9 to death? Lots of variations over the years…

@ supernaut: for comparison look at festival setlists from Herzberg Festival 2008, 11 and 15 or Freak Valley 2014 – always a good mix of some recent stuff with one or two oldies and lots of jamming, sometimes the odd cover mixed in, mostly Into The Sun.

in reply to: Roadburn 2018 – setlist speculation #32490
                Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

Clearly wishful thinking. You can count yourself lucky if you get one of Un Chien, Wheel or Mountain in one set. Two of them already happened, but very seldom.

On the other hand Plan #1 is quite regular – I personally could do without it by now, but there you go…

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32236
                  Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

Don't think this is actually a regular tour. Just spending a year between studio albums by filling in some missing regions and playing some festival gigs. And hopefully getting another Roadwork album ready in between.

There'll probably be a full tour in late autumn, but I rather doubt it. Probably just festivals this year after the spring gigs.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32234
                    Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

Ocean in her eye was played now and then over the years. Last time I personally heard it live was at the brilliant Darmstadt gig in 2013. 577 used to figure regularly in 2001 and 2002 setlists. Some tunes didn't work live as they did on record – especially Ozone or Evernine. Psychonaut was always a difficult beast live – sometimes it was sheer bliss, sometimes it turned out as an almost unrecognizable piece of acoustic mud. I like the spring 2002 versions though. There are also a few excellent Mantrick Muffin Stomps from that tour.

Radiance Freq. has been one of my alltime MP favourites on record and should be revived again live. Urgently awaited. Just try it, guys…

Probably instead of Plan #1, whis Has been played to death over the years – though still o.k. for me.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32223
                      Johnny_Heartfield
                      Participant

With all the gigs in March and April I wonder when a possible new album, presumably Roadwork V – will be out?

My suspicion is it will be out by summer – but who knows? Probably they're at it right now…

in reply to: 2016 audience recordings – suggestions? #32139
                        Johnny_Heartfield
                        Participant

Wiesbaden 2016 is my personal favourite. Get it while you can.

in reply to: 2015 audience recordings – suggestions? #32144
                          Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

I'd strongly suggest Herzberg and Bielefeld as well.

in reply to: Roadburn #31871
                            Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

Just read that Damo Suzuki is there as well – performing with Earthless on Friday and Minami Deutsch on Saturday. Now let's just imagine – a prolonged Motorpsycho Halleluwah Jam with Damo…

Just dreaming, but who knows?

in reply to: 2017-12-09 Byscenen, Trondheim #31910
                              Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

What? Lars M thrown out? The hero of many great recordings – Motorpsycho and otherwise? Shame on you, Byscenen security! Living behind the moon? Everybody's taping or filming these days with that devil's invention – the (not so) smart phone, so why evict somebody who does the job really good?

in reply to: 2017-11-06 New Age Club Roncade #31483
                                Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

The Gold Encore ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 528 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994