2017-11-06 New Age Club Roncade

Home Forums General 2017-11-06 New Age Club Roncade

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Wulf
    Participant

The Tower

Cloudwalker

Heartattack Mac

PPP

Go to California

Bartok

No Evil

Hey Jane

You Lied

Superwheel

Lacuna

Ship of Fools

Plan #1

TGC

2:35

The Other Anders
      Participant

Superwheel!

Only 3 songs from the Tower!…

And 2h35 with this short setlist (without K9), I'm curious to know how long the jams were, especially the Wheel!

Phoots Flower
        Participant

20hxe7r.jpg

Flippern
          Participant

What song is TGC?

marc
            Participant

The Great Commandment

#edit: The Golden Core! :wink:

Un.Chien.d.Espace
              Participant

superwheel? wow! that one and the other other fool for cologne would be fantastic!

Great show! I was very pleased to hear so many old song, thanks

Phoots Flower
                Participant

Funny moment: Hey Jane. When Snah started his part, he play the riff but is like his guitar was in other afination. He started trying Play the riff in other positions several times…Bent realized that he had mistaken when he changed the bass.

In Lacuna, before Bent started the last riff, he broke the string of the bass. The band started jamming, Bent too on mellotron while on of his crew changed the string. Great ovation to him.:)

The Other Anders
                  Participant

A recording from Roncade has now surfaced!

Thanks to the taper (and the band, obviously) I had a great time "in" Roncade last night! Having been there in 2001, I can just close my eyes while listening, and I am back there for a new concert 16 years later. The mind on music is a powerful thing!

The recording might be slightly overpowered in places, but many of the best moments are of the more quiet kind, and they are all in very fine sound. Not much talk, amazingly quiet audience for Italy, and the taper probably also had a very good spot, as the sound is well balanced.

All in all a recording in good to very good sound, mostly for the diehards. Find out here if you are one of them!

Reasons to grab this recording (spoilers ahead!):

1) They open with a ferocious The Tower, an instant Roadwork contender!

2) Heartattack Mac is equally ferocious, with a very beautiful ending. Again a Roadwork contender.

3) PPP is beautiful, more than 9 minutes long. It's clear by now that the band is in huge jamming mood.

4) GtC and Bartok continue the adventurous playing, and conclude the first, great part of this set.

After a detour of three shorter, not jam-based, and rather uneventful songs, we get back on track with a super strong jamming finale:

5) A 12 min Superstooge develops into a spacetrip, omits the coda, and very quietly floats into The Wheel. While technically not a Superwheel, like we know it from RW1, it's still a seamless transition, and a magical moment! The Wheel itself is not the best, it sounds as if they could not really find each other and it also ends after "only" 18 minutes. Papenburg version is still superior.

6) Where they DO find each other though, is during the real highlight of the set: A 20 min Lacuna/Sunrise! Here is the missing link between the 16 min Papenburg version and the 26 min Leipzig version. I'd still prefer Leipzig for RW, but the Roncade version would not have to be split over two LP sides, and it too tells a great story of the development of their jamming style and abilities through the years, as well as the story of how Tomas and Kristoffer contribute and put their mark on the result, and how brilliantly this particular version of the band works out. Jazzy spacetrip and several orbits achieved.

The epic-ness continues with Ship of Fools and Plan #1 to round the main set off, and Golden Core for the encore. Which makes for a rather rare occasion these days: The Wheel and The Golden Core in the same set! The only other time it happened on this tour was in Tilburg.

Roncade is another adventurous jamming night with a lingering epic vibe hiding inside a surprisingly captivating set.

01 The Tower 09:46

02 Cloudwalker 06:15

03 Heartattack Mac 09:49

04 Pills, Powders and Passionplays 09:32

05 Go to California 08:51

06 Bartok of the Universe 06:41

07 No Evil 05:59

08 Hey Jane 04:55

09 You Lied 05:20

10 Superstooge 11:32

11 The Wheel 18:19

12 Lacuna/Sunrise 20:45

13 Ship of Fools 13:56

14 Plan #1 10:22

15 The Golden Core 15:09

TT 157:17

Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

The Gold Encore ;-)

supernaut
                      Participant

another great recording! is it me or do they get better?

The Wheeeeeeelll!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994