Kid A

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39344
    Kid A
    Participant

Rather cool shirts this time: some flower motives, one with a backprint „make loud not war“, and some shirts and hoodies with the Cosmoctopus design.

in reply to: 2022-05-05 Bremen, Schlachthof #39819
      Kid A
      Participant

The sound was excellent. And I noticed that both Bent and Snah improved a lot on their singing, especially the high notes. All in all less psychedelic, more groovy.

Highlights: The Other Fool, Empire and Superstooge

I didn’t need another round of Crucible. Cosmoctopus instead would have been nice.

But the most important thing was to see the boys back on stage after 2,5 years.

in reply to: 2022-05-02 Hamburg Markthalle #39769
        Kid A
        Participant

Great, that the acoustic sets are back. Though I‘d prefer it as an opener rather than encore. Hope, they do it Bremen on Thu too. And there’s one song missing in this, still waiting for the one :D

in reply to: 09.04.2022 – Ålesund, Terminalen #39679
          Kid A
          Participant

And Superstooge is back! No NOX, or is it one of the missing tracks?

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39222
            Kid A
            Participant

Funny, I was only one time at Gloria (Cologne is a 3,5 hours drive away), and it was exactly this HMF gig. And it was the concert after which I decided I don’t really need to go to any more MP concerts because they really started to bore me. Took till the DDU gig to change my mind again :wink: :MPD:

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39205
              Kid A
              Participant

Salzhaus in Winterthur just confirmed the 19th of May, so the tour really seems to happen. Look out for more dates

in reply to: 07-08-2021 Ringnes, Skotbu #39012
                Kid A
                Participant

@Johnny: don’t be to harsh. Streaming is ok, when you use it right. I buy vinyl, a lot, but when I’m outside, I switch to streaming. DVDs are sth different, because you don’t get more value out of it. Movies look the same on streaming or on disc. You can’t compare this to vinyl. And the commercial aspects are not unimportant! Don’t forget, that the band has to live off all of this! I asked Geb back in the days, why they stopped releasing the HGH records on vinyl and he told me, they’d really love to, but simply couldn’t afford it. Today he even doesn’t release CDs anymore and release only as streams. It’s a good way for musicians that aren’t mainstream, to release music with much lesser costs.

in reply to: 07-08-2021 Ringnes, Skotbu #39009
                  Kid A
                  Participant

Seriously, is there still a market for DVDs? I mean, I don’t think they could sell enough to break even. Even I, a dedicated MP Fan since almost 30 yrs wouldn’t buy it, since I don’t even have a working DVD Player anymore. I could imagine a regular Roadworks release including a Download or streaming code for a video. Makes more sense in 2021

in reply to: 07-08-2021 Ringnes, Skotbu #38993
                    Kid A
                    Participant

@Punj Exactly my thought. They marked the songs that were never performed live before, so AA and Azrael must have been played before.

in reply to: 07-08-2021 Ringnes, Skotbu #38986
                      Kid A
                      Participant

From the band’s Instagram account:

Set 1:

Cosmoctopus

STG

IMS

KoO

LLM

Lady May (1st)

United Debased

The Waning

The Magpie

Dreamhome

Like Chrome

Set 2:

Ancient Astronauts

Azrael

NOX

Set 3 (acoustic):

Cold & Bored (1st)

The Maypole

Dank State (1st)

Stardust

The Dowser (1st)

Big Surprise

Feel

The band says: Best gig in ages, and maybe the longest ever

Oh boy, that sounds just amazing 🤩

in reply to: New Music #34876
                        Kid A
                        Participant

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQlkUE-J5bs/?utm_medium=copy_link

To post an Insta link in this forum showing a screenshot of this forum…

Now that’s a wormhole.

Ok, who of you did this? :wink:

in reply to: New Music #34867
                          Kid A
                          Participant

@Tomcat The King Buffalo is just mind blowing. I’m very excited for the two other albums they’ve announced for this year.

Delving… hm, I don’t know. Listened to the album on streaming and I have to say, I find it quite boring. All the praise here now makes me uncertain, if I’m missing something? :|

Will give it another try

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38448
                            Kid A
                            Participant

Don’t know what discussion you’re talking about, so I don’t know where I was. Makes no sense really to drag out some vague reference to some discussion that took place 3 years ago, where Someone maybe took part or not.

But I DO know, that I can’t remember any personal insults in this forum in the many many years I’m around here, as I’ve read from you. And I find it unacceptable, against anyone, regardless if I’m with his or her opinion or not.

I know, that Johnny can be harsh but your replies were not ok.

And if you think it’s ok to communicate like this, keep this stupid thread and your clenched fists for yourself and I’ll move on.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38441
                              Kid A
                              Participant

@suntripper: there´s a different between spicy and act like an asshole.

(I don´t say some people ARE, but they act like)

And it´s not you I have in mind by the way. Though I definitely are not a friend of your opinions or the way you keep pushing this thread here for months now.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38436
                                Kid A
                                Participant

PLS! Put this all somwhere else. And I think maybe it´s time for the admins to warn some people here about the language and hatespeech against others. I read some things here, I would kick people out for. just saying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994