Great King Rat

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 226 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Child of the Future Lyrics #13508
    Great King Rat
    Participant

Btw, on the cover it says Riding the Tiger, Cornucopia and Mr Victim were written by Bent and Snah together. Don’t know if that refers to music and lyrics. However, to me, the words of riding the tiger and mr victim sound a lot like Snah while those of Cornucopia clearly seem to come from Bent. Know what I mean?

in reply to: Child of the Future Lyrics #13507
      Great King Rat
      Participant

Here’s another one, though almost a whole stanza’s missing. So have a go!

Riding the tiger

The faces that I thought I’d seen

and all the (…)

The places that I knew I’d been

were all inside my head

Let’s scream it from the balconies

(…)

And it just got started

now the walls come tumbling down

There’s no doubt about it

revolution’s just to turn

As the wheels are turning

a sign of (…) all around

in reply to: Child of the Future Lyrics #13506
        Great King Rat
        Participant

Great work, GBD! I reckon that’s as close as you can get. You used headphones, I suppose. Lucky you, I’m lacking some right now, so I’ve got more blanks to fill in in my transcription. Anyway, here’s what i’ve made out of Mr Victim. Though some fragments and the end are missing it’s a great text, very snahish!

Mr Victim

One last lap

and the rules of attraction change

One little lie

(…) of escapist traits (?)

Now we’re busy riding diamonds into dust

Since that lifetime spending at the thought, seething with disgust

Some things never change, they stay the same

Mr Victim takes the blame

Two for the (rose?hoes?) stumbling blindly to the minefield of the heart

Two lost souls beg for mercy as they rip it all apart

Now we’re busy… see above

Since that lifetime…

Some things never change but all the same

We sing along enchanted by this walzer (really sounds like -er in the end, though that’s german writing, english would be waltz. Waltz (or walzer) seems bizarr in the first place but I couldn’t come up with sth else. And I’d love it if it was right!)

Finally realizing that the thrill has gone, there’s no turning back

Now we’re busy…

Since that lifetime…

Some things never change, they stay the same

Mr Victim takes the blame but all the same he.. (‘ll stay?)

We sing along enchanted by this walzer

(…)

We sing along…

(…)

We

(…)

Have to admit: shame the end is missing, it’s the best part imo. I have the same problem with cotf, got most of the words except for the end. It starts great though: “Soul shaker shake that soul, show us the groove…”

Help’s most welcome, feel free to join in! I reckon with some coop in puzzling and educated guessing we can figure this out!

in reply to: Which issues did you get? #13479
          Great King Rat
          Participant

I’d love it if that was true, that would make the record a rare collector’s item! 8O

But I doubt it’s true. :( My small record shop’s owner said he got ten copies. I reckon you could easily find 20 to 30 record stores selling the album just in Germany! Besides, wasn’t the 3LP TM limited to 2000 back then? That was actually not a lot, so I don’t think there are less copies of cotf than that. :?

in reply to: Child of the future #13286
            Great King Rat
            Participant

@GBD: Yeah! It so does! One of my faves so far.

I’ve listened to it several times now and I love it! And it’s still growing on me! Ozzylot’s the only one that doesn’t really do it for me so far, but the rest is killer stuff imo! Can’t wait to hear it live, especially riding the tiger, mr victim and the title track. I perfectly see why people compare it to trust us. However, when listening to Kenneth and Bent on mr victim I always think of a secret evil twin of whip that ghost from a parallel universe…

@Nils: I know what you mean concerning Bent’s voice. It’s clearer and stronger in a way, not as fragile and rough as it used to be. But the passion’s still there! I reckon the difference is he’s conveying different kinds of emotions. The whole album sounds very positive to me. Take cotf fx: the way he sings the chorus is heart-lifting and encouraging in a way I’ve hardly known from MP. But I think it’s great!

Cotf on again, and man, what a song! Going straight to my top ten mp songs…

in reply to: The Motorpsycho Picture Thread #13060
              Great King Rat
              Participant

Hey jtr, excellent maps on the wall! Great realm to spend your holidays/dreams… :-)

in reply to: Song of the Month, August: 577 #13105
                Great King Rat
                Participant

Agreed, Captain, Bent’s a great lyricist and many examples could be cited, and yep, I also understand it as a review of feelings in different stages of adolescence.

But apart from the words: what a fantastic song! I love the way it starts: kinda gently with the duett to give you an idea of the pace, before this massive, dominating groove hits you. I love Bent’s singing, too. It’s so full of sadness, longing, pain, nostalgia, you hear he’s got the weight of the world on his soul. Yet, the best part imo is after that way-out-jam when all three of them come together once more for the last verse, and Snah goes: “Seventeen…” Ahhh, what a finish! It’s almost like the last chapter of a long book, like the ending of a well-told story.

There are actually quite a few songs by MP that give me the feeling of listening to a story…

But back to the (child of the) future now!

in reply to: Best Norwegian Cover #13111
                  Great King Rat
                  Participant

400 is a looong way to go… Will only the winner decorate the museum or maybe the first three or so?

in reply to: Which issues did you get? #13476
                    Great King Rat
                    Participant

Thanks Marc! No irony here, just my lack of knowledge.

So, no idea about how many copies there are? Anyone? Stickfrau?

Viewing 9 posts - 226 through 234 (of 234 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994