Flippern

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Flippern
    Participant

Might be the wrong thread, but here’s my band! We’re really inspired by Motorpsycho, so I hope you can hear something you like in this performance:

in reply to: Quick question about Japan documentary #41953
      Flippern
      Participant

Where can i watch this documentary?

in reply to: Byscenen, TRD, 4. desember #39519
        Flippern
        Participant

Ugh, now im bitter i didnt go! I expected them to play the christmas song and a long nox, ehich ive heard enough live for a whole haha

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #37963
          Flippern
          Participant

Wow! I'm guessing they're for now done with the whole Gullvåg trilogy sound and are moving on to something new. Very exciting.

in reply to: X-mastime Is Here! #37820
            Flippern
            Participant

Got my copy a couple of days ago after sending them a nudge. I kinda like it! Will blast this hard when Christmas hits again.

in reply to: X-mastime Is Here! #37815
              Flippern
              Participant

Ordered mine on the 23rd of November, but haven't got them yet, nor any mail about them being shipped. Has this happened to anyone else? Can someone please guide me on how I should reach their "customer service"? Hehe

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36981
                Flippern
                Participant

Some good news thus far! The byscenen gigs will happen, as they meet the required regulations :D

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36980
                  Flippern
                  Participant

New Corona regulations for Norway were announced yesterday, and a lot of concerts in Norway before 2021 have been canceled. I expect this to affect these gigs as well, so brace yourself for some potentially ugly news :(

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36974
                    Flippern
                    Participant

Oh, the temptation

in reply to: Verkstedhallen 24.10.2020 #37857
                      Flippern
                      Participant

Great concert. I was at the one on thursday as well, and I'd say this was the best. Right from the get go it sounded better, the mixing, playing and the whole vibe seemed improved after a couple of nights on stage.

Personal highlights:

Bonny Lee was bigger and more brutal than I could imagine it being live. Huge sounding, with a great, long jam. Tomas really shined on this one.

Manmower was a very pleasant surprise. My first time hearing it live, I believe, and after listening a lot the version on RW vol. 5, it got my blood pumping. Very different jam though, and they really took their time, and took it down low and played with the dynamics. Bent sung some lines somewhere in the middle of the jam, and it sounded very familiar, but was not a usuall part of the track. Maybe a little nod to something? Got a little pink floyd vibe from it. very unique and unpredictable piece.

I was also very happy to hear Hey Jane.

One more observation that some might find interesting: Snah sings like chrome live, and he does a good job on this one. They play the last verse in 7/8, rather than the 8/8 beat that is on the record. Looked like they were having fun while doing this.

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36936
                        Flippern
                        Participant

Finally! Just got my tickets for verkstedhallen

in reply to: Open rehearsal with Ole Paus and Motorpsycho #37111
                          Flippern
                          Participant

The boys opened the show with song for a bro before Ole entered the stage. I found the setlist very diverse and well built, with both lots of new songs as well as old ones in new form with the band. It was lovely to see the chemistry and the way you could see they admired each other while they had their solo parts and such. Still very much an open rehearsal, as they had to do some tracks over again a couple of times to get right, but it will probably be fine by the shows in Oslo. Could tell Ole was a bit nervous, but I'm sure he enjoyed it a lot as well. Was pretty sweet.

in reply to: Open rehearsal with Ole Paus and Motorpsycho #37108
                            Flippern
                            Participant

Anyone else going there? :)

in reply to: INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019) #36800
                              Flippern
                              Participant

Christmas came early this year! So good, thank you so much!

in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36319
                                Flippern
                                Participant

Haven't attended any of the latest shows, but Fool's gold was amazing in Trondheim this spring as well. Really hope to hear that on a roadwork soon. Have we ever had Black to comm on a live record? I think that track swings live. I'd also like to hear a Year zero some time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994