Bartok

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: The guys are in studio #33282
    Bartok
    Participant

Wow.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32823
      Bartok
      Participant

@JERO WORD!

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32821
        Bartok
        Participant

I don’t know, as an intro to Un Chien it works pretty great in my ears, happy they incorporate this stuff on the RWs

in reply to: 2018-07-27 Burg Herzberg Festival #33196
          Bartok
          Participant

Indeed! And THE TOWER!! What a monster riff. And the breaks, almost reminiscent of The Other Fool in some way, though far more ✨cosmic✨ Although I loved the latest record when it came out it’s really opened itself through the latest videos on youtube and RW. It’s def one of their greatest. And topical lyrics, who would have thought they could pull that one off. On par with Trust Us, though comparing is boring! It’s The Tower. Nuff said!

:STG:

in reply to: 2018-07-27 Burg Herzberg Festival #33194
            Bartok
            Participant

Some angel out there also uploaded the concert (from Feel on in) on YouTube 💙 Great video, great sound, great playing (and singing!), great audience, great lighting, everything just so so great.

And omg, this new lineup of MP is just really heartbreakingly good. Must be some new dynamic with Thomas on board. Less muscle, though heavier. Great!

Bartok
              Participant

What’s your point? I do own the box sets, but I don’t have a CD-player or a discman (lol) or a cd drive as mentioned. Some of us also pay for streaming as it’s convenient for different platforms. But.. Are you some record industry goon policing this forum for people you suspect don’t own the entire discography? I bet most of us do. Pathetic indeed.

Bartok
                Participant

BUMMER. By far the best box so far imo. Never Judge is great, as well as, hm, the rest. Hope it comes back, don’t even have a CD-drive anymore.

Bartok
                  Participant

On Apple Music the Blissard box is no longer available, don’t know about Spotify. Bummer.

in reply to: 2018-07-21 NO Molde, Molde Jazz #33098
                    Bartok
                    Participant

@kjesso Great!

@theotheranders Spot on! 100% (and btw: 5×7+7=42, it all adds up;)

@thevisitant Word! Me too. And still waiting for the great Unicorn DVD. Or why not a NRK TV-special. They’re so lazy with their music programming these days. The Molde show? Or of course the Unicorn with capes and all. They must have filmed the opera performance. Still so much in the MP vaults. A demo basement/bunker tapes compilation? And I really hope they will play more with Ola ahead. And Kristoffer of course. Great setup.

Bartok
                      Participant

Yes, too bad about TM and AADAP, I have them on cd but my CD player is long gone:( Hopefully they will pop up soon.

Anyway, also listened a lot to RW5, blown away! Thomas is great. Different than Kenneth, maybe less of a machine? ! MP v2018 are indeed better than ever! Amazing.

And @crossskip, good to hear Geb made it to Italy. Seem to remember from some interview from the 90s he was dreaming about living down there. It all works out.

Bartok
                        Participant

Wow, finally! And for those «new» to MP who hasn’t bought the EPs – this is quiet a treasure. I thought about rating them but after a quick scan I realized it’s hopeless. But starting with Wearing Yr Smell all the way to Serpentine the quality of the B-sides are consistently good / great / exceptional / quirky / fun. Happy days indeed! (And hope Geb is OK wherever he is!)

in reply to: Hey everyone (new member saying hello) #33065
                          Bartok
                          Participant

Great text! Made me want to play one of the oldies again, maybe some Cake on this rainy day. Thanks! And Welcome!

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32430
                            Bartok
                            Participant

WOW. Rune, that’s great. Thanx!

in reply to: Songs or albums you changed yr mind about #32566
                              Bartok
                              Participant

Good selection, both TU and En konsert is also top 5 on my list (as of today) But as someone mentioned It’s a Love Cult I gave it a spin today, it’s been years, but of course, it’s nice. Still think it’s a bit baroque or something, it was the end of an era? but good. There’s always something great in all their records as you say. Now giving phanerothyme a spin, the bass and guitar and what, brass? on Painting the night is, well, unreal, good stuff. And yes, I agree, DDU should be top 5, but what the hell, maybe next week.

in reply to: Songs or albums you changed yr mind about #32564
                                Bartok
                                Participant

@Punj — Just out of curiosity, since you’re a recent convert, what’s your top MP records as of today? Any special period? I guess a lot of oldies like me rate Timothy’s and the whole late 90s period pretty highly, but I’ve started wondering how those records (and DB) stand up today for new listeners, or if they’re «too 90s» in sound and structure. And of course I agree, Blissard is great, and I remember well that those records needed a few spins before they really opened themselves, a common trait I’ve found with all my favorite records btw

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994