Devotional

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Kvarteret tonight postponed #16434
    Devotional
    Participant

The arranger says the band couldn’t get on a bus because they have to much equipment.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7081750 (Norwegian)

in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16484
      Devotional
      Participant

Anders: I couldn’t agree more. This is a HUGE opportunity lost. Virtually ALL the elements of Timothy’s Monster have been explored in and out over the past 15-16 years, while there is so much magic from especially Demon Box that has been locked up for the same amount of time.

Lars Lien – for one – agrees with us.

in reply to: German Bent interiew #15771
        Devotional
        Participant

This whole tour – which is their best since 1999 – was recorded on 24 tracks = The best news EVER! That it possibly will be released in any way shape or form soon is secondary to the fact that it EXISTS, and inevitably will be unearthed sometime in the future. I’m ecstatic!

in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13849
          Devotional
          Participant
            Quote:
            fillmore: Where did you learn that thing about the car crash?

Through the engineer of their new album. I record some stuff for one of his labels. Didn’t know that was somewhat inside info, though I noticed nobody had pointed it out. Somebody drove into his car from behind. I’m sure you can talk to Kenneth about it.

in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13847
            Devotional
            Participant
              Quote:
              gusse: I forgot to say that I think Kenneth has taken Motorpsycho to another level. They way things have turned out makes me think it was a good thing for Motorpsycho that Geb quit.

Ain’t that the truth? And can you believe that Kenneth was in a car crash four weeks ago (he couldn’t even hold a drumstick for days), and played these 3 gigs with whiplash?

I must admit I didn’t care for his playing at all on the first gig I saw him do with MP (it was too loose and sloppy), and I still can’t get into most of his drumming on LLM, but he has just flourished lately. His playing on COTF is great, and the two times I’ve seen him live this year has been mindblowing. He was amazing at the Pstereo festival, and he was magic at Rockefeller – even with a whiplash.

in reply to: Bergen, Verftet 17.10.2009 #13883
              Devotional
              Participant

Unbelievable. Why isn’t this whole tour recorded/filmed?

in reply to: Stavanger, Folken 16.10.2009 #13821
                Devotional
                Participant

I’m so incredibly fucking jealous now. Been dreaming about hearing The Golden Core live for 10 years, and now I can’t help but imagine how PERFECT the Rockefeller-gig would have been with that as a closer. I would have had to scan DAMPSABA back to 97/98 to find an equally good setlist imho – IF that had been the case. Oslo still has the edge in the main set, but those encores? Congratulations, Stavanger.

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Tour #12453
                  Devotional
                  Participant

UPDATE: Hydranten, Hamar 13.10 confirmed!

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994