cloudhawker

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Ole Paus & Motorpsycho Gud bevare landsbyen min #36873
    cloudhawker
    Participant

The crux of it, in English:

– both parties were tricked into it, being told that the other wanted a collaboration…

– a very enthusiastic Ole Paus!

– he found writing music fun again, after thinking he had made his last album six years ago (he's 72)

– lyrically dark but hopeful, with a bit of angry old man thrown in (classic Paus, it seems)

– he feels it has just begun, and that it opens up new possibilities

– strongly hints that he wants to work more with Motorpsycho: "I am willing to go far to experience one more round with you (talking to Bent) and see what this can mean to a life. Because this have been big, very big."

This collaboration is perhaps a bit difficult to understand for non-Norwegians, but I find it pretty awesome, Ole Paus being a bit of an elder statesman in Norwegian music, very much respected throughout. Busloads of integrity and a strong will to do his own thing and to say it as it is. As Bent says in the interview, this is the only person from the old Norwegian acoustic scene they would ever want to work with.

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36909
      cloudhawker
      Participant

22.02.2020 – NO Hamar, Hamar kulturhus (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

23.02.2020 a 17:00 – NO Oslo, Operaen (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

23.02.2020 b 20:00 – NO Oslo, Operaen (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

02.05.2020 – DE Berlin, Desertfest (along with Amenra, Papir, Minami Deutsch, Black Rainbows,…)

11.06.2020 – NO Bergen, Bergenfest (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

13.06.2020 – NO Skien, Skien live (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

19.06.2020 – NO Horten, Vervenfestivalen (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

20.06.2020 – NO Friluftsgalleriet, Bø i VesterÃ¥len (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

31.07.2020 – NO Trondheim, Olavsfest (Manic Street Preachers // Ole Paus & Motorpsycho)

01.08.2020 – NO Trondheim, Olavsfest (Ole Paus & Motorpsycho) – free streaming

in reply to: Ole Paus & Motorpsycho – Operaen Oslo Feb. 23 2020 #36383
        cloudhawker
        Participant
          in reply to: Leipzig Conne Island 16.10.2019 #36271
          cloudhawker
          Participant

Russian trolls trying to destabilize the Motorpsycho world order.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36656
            cloudhawker
            Participant

Oh don't you worry about the time it takes. I think you have progressed quickly through most of those glorious 90's. We have waited decades for something like this so give or take a few weeks… Grateful, not impatient, is the word that covers what I'm thinking. Cudos.

in reply to: Studio in France June 2019? #35771
              cloudhawker
              Participant

W.T.F.???? (initial thought). Hahaha, I am actually really looking forward to this, in a very curious kind of way (second thought). All you non-Norwegians are going to be very confused when you hear this (third thought). Actually, the more I think about this… the mere thought of this puts a big smile on my face. Ha! (fourth thought).

in reply to: Sugarfoot – In The Clearing #35790
                cloudhawker
                Participant

The International Tussler Society's long lost third album? In any case, pure bliss. Perfect soundtrack to your summer, indeed.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34034
                  cloudhawker
                  Participant

In other, non-confirmed news for any UK friends out there, how soon is soon? Just a few months as it turns out. When the bloke from the record shop ends the post-gig interview at Flashback Records with the usual "hope to see you back in England again soon" greetings, Bent replies "Hopefully in September…, October…, something like that?" while looking at Snah for confirmation. UK twice in one year, that's breaking new ground as well, isn't it?

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994