suntripper

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 379 total)
  • Author
    suntripper
    Participant

A review of The Tower, preceded by a fairly good, potted history of the band up to that point, which might be useful for newbies in need of a quick catch-up.

Death to douchebaggery!

in reply to: Those were the days #42629
      suntripper
      Participant

Seemed pretty cool to me.

in reply to: New Music #42618
        suntripper
        Participant

Yeah! Fuck new music!

in reply to: New Music #42616
          suntripper
          Participant

@punknotyet: Sounds very interesting!

That Terry Riley reference leads me to give a mention to the Swiss band The Young Gods, whose most recent release was Terry Riley In C. Here they are performing it last year:

While In C might be an acquired taste, I cannot recommend highly enough their last self-composed studio release, Data Mirage Tangram – very trancy, and possibly the best thing they have ever done.

The contrasts and potential meeting points between The Young Gods and Motorpsycho would make a collaboration very fruitful, I think. Well, I can dream…

in reply to: Cover wishes #42577
            suntripper
            Participant

@supernaut: This thread would welcome your ‘Stray’ contribution! It does sound like just the sort of thing the band could beef up.

in reply to: Sgt Psycho’s Psolitary EP & Singles Club! #42573
              suntripper
              Participant

Oh, I’ve pleaded on here for that Child of the Future release more than once before now! So, I’ve got to add my tuppeny-worth here! I have it on vinyl, but I want to be able to play it in different rooms or in the car. Ideally, I would love a CD to possess, but a digital version would certainly be a step in the right direction. I echo punknotyet’s other hopes too.

in reply to: 2022-09-09 Bremen, “Hellseatic” Festival #42550
                suntripper
                Participant

Great stuff! And whoever doesn’t get that electric, two-minute blast from 5:55, what the f*@% is wrong with you?!

Now let’s see the rest – especially Mona Lisa/Azrael!

in reply to: Coming soon from Crispin Glover Records #42542
                  suntripper
                  Participant

“2 drummers ago” tickled me too. Sounds a bit ‘Spinal Tap’. (Sequel coming soon!)

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42507
                    suntripper
                    Participant

Freeloader days on Dime have been extended to January 31st.

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42500
                      suntripper
                      Participant

Thanks Thor. That makes sense. I had noticed with Motortrades that, at a time when I was uploading, when I logged out, the uploading ceased right at that moment. I couldn’t understand why that should be. I guess it was simply a coincidence.

I’ve now made my first download on Dime. I went for a Beatles show. Now I begin the wait to see it being reseeded from my end. Need to get that ratio up!

Thanks to all for the tips and information.

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42498
                        suntripper
                        Participant

Dumb Dime (and Motortrades) question. So, it’s best to operate 24/7 and, obviously keep BitTorrent (or whatever) open, but do you have to be signed into Dime all the time to be able to upload? It seems that way with Motortrades, or have I got that wrong?

in reply to: Motorpsycho – the Soothe session #42423
                          suntripper
                          Participant

@The Other Anders: I strongly echo all your sentiments.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Tribute Series #42414
                            suntripper
                            Participant

It was better being sticky, broke and confused.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Tribute Series #42411
                              suntripper
                              Participant

You guys are going to hate me. I just received another vinyl copy of vol. 2 together with another free single. The thing is: I only ordered one copy! Now I suppose I have the hassle of returning it. Things are not going well over at Tiger!

in reply to: Motorpsychodelicclips #42387
                                suntripper
                                Participant

Bernie, you definitely need to be able to take in a show sometimes without the stress of filming. You deserve that! If we still receive the occasional gift from you in future, we will be more than grateful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 379 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994