ijustpop

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Italy Prog Fest 01Sep17 Setlist #30671
    ijustpop
    Participant

Horrible horrible setlist. Less than a handful decent songs on the setlist and they drop two of them. Then they end the show with the most dreadful (MP) song ever. I'm selling my Oslo Konserthuset tickets.

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30195
      ijustpop
      Participant

Still good seats available for the Konserthuset-gig. I'm a bit surprised.

I thought everyone, like me, had been waiting for a seated MP-show for 20-years?

Yes, the Opera-show was great, but not a proper Motorpsycho live show. I'm really looking forward to this. Probably an intermission (toilet break) and you can drink from proper glasses and the serve decent wine.

in reply to: AADAP Deluxe Edition box set #29736
        ijustpop
        Participant

After Le Them Eat Cake they basically released outtakes for ten years. No need for a boxset from that period.

in reply to: 02/04/2016 Rockefeller, Oslo #29141
          ijustpop
          Participant

Gusse"The sound: Quite OK, but as always (at least in Rockefeller), Bents bass rumble swallows a lot of Snah details. In my opinion, I'd liked to have Snah slightly louder or to hear them in a different venue, like Sentrum Scene."

I wasn't there yesterday, but bass rumble and resonanaces is always a usually at Rockefeller. And more so With Motorpsycho (due to Bents volume and presence) than most bands. Less of a problem at Sentrum Scene. And they could easily sell out a 1600 capacity venue as well. The seated gallery would bring another couple of hundred people who've stopped going to MP shows.

in reply to: Timothys Monster CD on Sony Music #27925
            ijustpop
            Participant

Are you 100% sure that it isn't the Stickman edition distributed by Sony norway?

Even if it Stickman didn't sell a batch to Sony (or don't remeber), it doesn't mean that Sony Norway didn't get their hands on a few copies.

The fact that this is the only TM-listing on the PKwebsite(except the 4cd version) makes me think that this is the listing for the edition that have been sold for the past 20 years.

in reply to: The Motorpnakotic Manuscripts #26319
              ijustpop
              Participant

Pnakotic Manuscripts

You guys haven't ordered it yet?

in reply to: Blissard on golden, Barracuda on red vinyl… #24276
                ijustpop
                Participant

It's golden brown, – just like the cd.

in reply to: Pallas pressing plant burnt down #23945
                  ijustpop
                  Participant

It was the cd/dvd duplication facility that burnt down. Does Pallas press Stickman's cds?

If it was the vinyl pressing plant (situated across the street) it would be a disaster. Pallas is one of 2-3 (4 tops) pressing plants in the world that presses high quality vinyl these days. (I only purchase new vionyl pressed at RTI and Pallas. So much quality issues with everyone else jumping the vinyl trend and pressing poor quality vinyl).

in reply to: Blissard – 4CD #22861
                    ijustpop
                    Participant

Anyone gotten their book/boxset from Runegrammofon yet?

in reply to: Motorpsycho in the Opera 11.Nov.2012 #23174
                      ijustpop
                      Participant

TheOne FormerlyKnownAsDaniel: Which show did you see?

Thing is though. I can't recall Bent's vocals being as high in the mix as this before.

Easy to hear all his flaws.

He sang pretty good to me (for Bent). But sure, neither Ståle, Snah or Bent are great singers and in the opera with strings it's just more obvious.

Great show!

Haven't seen that many Motorpsycho-shows lately (Once since 08 I think, 30+ between 98 and 08) and I really enjoyed it, although I didn't really know the material. I think I've listened to the Unicorn once (moving house, the hifi have been in boxes), but I'll definitely listen more to it.

And I loved being able to sit down. I've wanted to sit down while seeing Motorpsycho live for 15 years!

in reply to: Opera gig. Two 1ST Row, dead center, tickets for sale #23106
                        ijustpop
                        Participant

Tickets are still for sale.

in reply to: Opera gig. Two 1ST Row, dead center, tickets for sale #23104
                          ijustpop
                          Participant

Tickets are still for sale.

Magnus: I'm trying to conctact you on e-mail, but I'm getting everything in return.

tlf. 99625717

in reply to: 1 Ticket Oslo Opera Late Show For Sale #22987
                            ijustpop
                            Participant

This is a great ticket. Front row, almost dead center.

Edit: Sorry, this is not front row (Parkett, not orkester). But should still be a good seat.

in reply to: Vinyl – Demon Box ++ #19367
                              ijustpop
                              Participant
                                Quote:

On qxl.no you can now find auctions for a test pressing of "3 songs for Rut", and "Blissard with t-shirt and button". Both starting above NOK 4000,-

The last one can still be bought brand new (minus t-shirt) for NOK 210,- and for the 3 songs – It's about time that someone, if necessary bringing some elongated wooden object, visit the WOW offices and convince them how important it is for mankind that the publishing rights for the Motorpsycho stuff is handed over to the proper creators.

I'm not defending the 4000 NOK price, but: If you're a collector, getting the first edition released by SONY NORWAY, is not the same as a repress by STICKMAN.

Same with Timothy's vinyl on HARVEST/EMI (numbered) or the first Stickman pressing (numbered) and the Stickman repress (unnumbered?). Not the same at all.

in reply to: Blissard – 4CD #22742
                                ijustpop
                                Participant

Yep, the mixed Blissard immediately after recording it. When they listened do it a couple of weeks later they hated it, and they remixed it.

With 4 cds it's very likely that we'll get to hear the "original" mix for the first time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994