andreas

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38109

@supernaut

Ah, that is nice to use one’s imagination. It seems that mine is not so in full bloom. I listened to The Hunt once again just for that reason. And I can understand what you are hearing and feeling while listening. But to me it still feels like a MP song and not a kind of Solo career Song. And it is a perfect MP song. That kind of song because -inter alia- I love that band. It is the transfer of music history into their own MP universe. Eclecticism. The positive one.

The following song "After the Fair" fits perfectly to The Hunt (the most interesting song on the album).

in reply to: Suddenly an interesting interview with Bent #38715

Due to the Tower of Babel and the confusion of tongues I am not able to understand one word, but overflowing the article this seems really an interesting interview.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38089

Hello Psychonauts,

long time gone since my last contribution here (7 years ago, but still reading). My copies of the Vinyl and the CD arrived today. And this DLP is -as supernaut said a view posts ago- their best since The Death Defying Unicorn (which was and is (in my humple opinion) one of their masterpieces. But for sure this is a matter of taste and preferences.). Thanks to Supernauts great summary. Just want to add that Track 7 dedicated to the great and late Bert Jansch is a nice reminiscence to the work of this giant of folk and acoustic guitar. Reminds me on the feeling I have when I hear the lovely Whip that Ghost. Favourite Tracks: 2, 4, 6, whole Side C (my highlight of the album. Not only because of the Songs from the Wood touch of The Hunt) and 11.

All the best,

Andreas

in reply to: Cologne, 29.04.13 #24151

whip that ghost.

during the show in berlin i waited for that song just beacuse it would have fit perfectly into the whole set (no need to say that i love that song as much as i love the music of the allman brothers band).

now i am envy once again.

in reply to: 28.04.2013, Berlin #24130

Right at the moment: listening to Year Zero just as a remembrance of the absolutely fantastic, awesome evening which we had yesterday. Hm, as far as I can remember myself I would say that this was one of the best MP-shows I saw in Berlin. In the past years I was always a bit envy about the other shows where they apparently playing the better songs and where they played endless. Yesterday we had that in Berlin, too. What a night!

P.S.: Thanks for the pointer to Wishbone Ash's 'Pilgrim'. Yesterday I thought I know that, but I can't pin it down.

Cheers

in reply to: The Death Defying Encores (a petition) #22436

definitely a very good idea! i would prefer broyaur's ep proposal. signed , too.

in reply to: 20.04.2012 Berlin – Desertfest @ Astra #22328

just can assist ''mr. fillmore''. a heavy version of TDDU. the sound -like sometimes when they play in berlin- was not the best, but it was like a storm and make the walls come tumbling down. as one of them, who is a fascinated TDDU listener from day one, i enjoyed the concert very much. sadly they just played one encore, but the version of starhammer was extraordinary good. a remarkable night!

in reply to: Effenaar Eindhoven 11-04-2012 #22090

the man with the cape must be Rick Wakeman, or? :D

great stuff! looking forward for the show in Berlin!

in reply to: THE DEATH DEFYING UNICORN #21373

after a few years of silence, it's time for me to re-enter this forum – and if it is only to express my enthusiasm for the new album of MP/Stale Storlokken (to be true i was a more or less regular posting person and after the forum changed the ''entrance'' i.e. you need to be registered I took this occasion and ''retired''. but i was never away: i always read.)

since years i was not really satisfied with the albums MP released. that does not mean that i don't like their latest releases, but sometimes i missed that special MP feeling. a feeling of delightment and the notes that hit my heart and soul.

the Death Defying Unicorn has all that. you named it in several postings. and just look at the amount of posting, this means anything!. yes, it's a prog rock thing. and maybe this is one reason i like this album (i was a teenager in the seventies and beside several other preferences at that time(for example ''westcoast'', krautrock and zappa) prog-rock was an important part of my life. after that phase punk and postpunk reigned. and then the refinement started. and this refinement still continues.).

when i entered the MP cosmos they had released a bunch of albums which a lot of the members of that forum count as their masterpieces. I like all that albums too, but LTEC, Barracuda, Phano, IALC were my starting period. A period not much loved by a lot of MP-fans. But i like all this albums because it was the time where they strenghten their ''reputation'' as an ''eclectic'' band (but and the most important with their own-handwriting in my humble opinion).

TDDU is an amalgan of some of the music that i like. if it is Zappa, Yes, King Crimson (now at the moment while i listening to this milestone I can hear Rick Wakeman playing keys – for example-) or whatever else you all (or i) can hear by listening the record, in the end it is MP resp. the MP-feeling which wasn't omnipresent within the last few years.

he, what i am doing here? shakti said it all!!!

cheers,

andreas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994