11.10.2023 DE Duesseldorf – zakk

Home Forums General 11.10.2023 DE Duesseldorf – zakk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

Real Again
      Mad Sun
      Patterns
      Time to Skate (Hans on Bass)
      Feel

Chariot
      Sentinels
      Hotel D
      On a Plate
      August
      Cosmoctopus
      Up Downstairs
      Serpentine
      Sail on
      Starhamster
      Inside Looking Out
      —-
      ASFE
      ARNE HASSLE

:cheers:

ruedibilly
      Participant

Ingvald!

Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Wow! Great rocking tonight! Grand Funk 2.0 again. And lots of space as well. A real motorpsychedelic gig. The sound a little muddy in the louder parts – Snah’s guitar a little low in the mix – but I was standing in the Bent zone anyway. After ASFE I expected Rock Bottom, but no – they were out for another space travel with Arne Hassle. And what a trip! After extended flying high and low Bent started the riff to get back to the last verse, but Snah wasn’t finished and pushed on for yet another feedback/space part. Fantastic!
          And it was really great fun watching Ingvald tonight – front of stage and obviously enjoying every beat and roll. I never hat so much fun watching a drummer throughout most of the gig. In the end he drowned a little in the noise mayhem and had to concentrate on cymbals to be heard. Bent pushed him hard during Sail On, but Ingvald got even in ASFE.

Tomcat
          Participant

Great evening at Zakk, my first show with Ingvald – looked like they “found” each other by now. Feeling happy and excited for a / the mp future :mp:

boomer former helm
            Participant

I also liked this concert very much. I have the impression that the acoustic set every evening ensured that the audience is more attentive in the further course of the concert.

Yesterday it was wonderful that they played “Now its time to skate”, with the legendary ballerina turn of Bent 🤣 That “Arne Hassle” was played as a second encore was a big surprise. Whereby I’m unsure if the middle part went as planned, or if it was actually meant to be different with a more straight forward groove instead that freejazz rolls, and all 3 had to spontaneously make the best of it. That was again so exciting that it was pure joy to see how they had to find each other and reach the finale again big and massive.

I am now looking forward to Dresden and Berlin. Exciting times. Sail on!!!

marc
              Participant

Sounds promising. I really want to know (as i did in the past) how they rehearse while being on tour? Extended soundchecks for sure, but given the number and length of the tunes, i wonder if they do something like “dry-playing” the songs while on the highways :-) If anyone knows…enlighten me please!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by marc.
                suntripper
                Participant

That would be Light Serpentine then. Thanks Gulliever’s Rising (who also has Chariot of the Sun and an excerpt of Patterns).

suntripper
                  Participant

Acoustic set plus Chariot of the Sun. Thanks to martinxoxo, who also has Hotel Daedelus.

suntripper
                    Participant

Inside Looking Out (Gulliever’s Rising) now in the right place!

Krist Rampage
                      Participant

@Marc: on YouTube there are two videos, one called Motorpsycho Tour 2014, the other one Motorpsycho Here Be Monsters 2016 tour report. Both highly entertaining and interesting videos. In one of them (I forgot which one) you can see Bent teaching one of their songs to Reine backstage. My guess is they work out parts backstage and perhaps in the nightliner and then rehearse during soundchecks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994