2018-07-26 DE Düsseldorf, Zakk

Home Forums General 2018-07-26 DE Düsseldorf, Zakk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tomcat
    Participant

Dreamhome

Bardog

On A Plate

August

Year ø

Starhammer

Pacific Sonata >

Cuckoo >

Ship Of 'ools >

Feel

The Wheel

The Tower

Fools Gold

(2h20m)

Tomcat
      Participant

Opened a new thread … or do we want to stick with the existing one?

naur
        Participant

Yeah…The Wheel. After 20 personal MP concerts without The Wheel, i'm finally happy to see and hear it. And it was fantastic, loud and intensive. I'm happy. :-)

Anyway, great concert. Cologne last year was a bit better, but yesterday was a great rock show. :-)

boomer former helm
          Participant

Oh yes. What a fantastic playful high energy show. Was really worth doing that long overnight journey.

Punj Lizard
            Participant

Yeah. It was mind-blowing. My friend's from the UK who first got me into MP both said it was their best MP gig. My first time seeing them play Year Zero nearly had me in tears. A pair of lovers in front of me (You know who you are) were obviously also connecting big time through that song Рyou two touched my heart. Highlights for me were Y0, Starhammer, Sonata, a massive Wheel, and Fools Gold. For me last night was all about heart. I wanted to hug everyone in the room and got the chance to hug a few lovely psychonauts who I'd met last year in K̦ln or at Alkmaar this year as well as some new ones last night. Big shout out to boomer, wulf, nika, tomcat, the other anders, (just in time) ingo, and alli. Hope to see you all down the road. :STG: <3 <3

TraktorBass
              Participant

There you go, throw a few oldies in the mix and you have yourself the most epic gigs ever.

Bardog? Bartok + K9 or Big Black Dog?

Tomcat
                Participant

Nothing extraordinary in Bartok, just meant as a joke ;)

Krist Rampage
                  Participant

Great that they played the Wheel.

Was Reine with them?

mybestfriend83
                    Participant

Really amazing pre Band.. Love Machine really rocked.. It was a great evening all though there was almost the complete tower played.. . That's sad cause I had that last year.. But the versions who were played were quite good.. I'm glad there was the pacific sonata.. Great tune to chill out.. The guys were in a Rocky mood.. Reine was with them.. Although it was the hottest day of the year the guys played it in one slide although bent first was saying we have to do 2sets lol Good Motorpsychodelic Evening…See you all next year.. :STG:

Tomcat
                      Participant

Yeah, many highlights tonight @Zakk on a hot and intense evening. Everyone in it from the beginning on (Dreamhome appr. 16 Minutes). Spontaneous highlights: The Wheel is turning again, a majestic Sonata, The Tower with superb far out jam (Frippo-Crimson vibes from Reine) plus Tomas nailing Starhammer. Bent & Snah godlike anyway: "A hardrock extravaganza" :MPD: More at a later stage … big emotions in Fools Gold as encore. Show lasted 2h20m (button successfully hit ;)

People of Herzberg will be happy tomorrow (today) :cheers:

the visitant
                        Participant

Wow, 'The wheel', 'Pacific sonata',' Starhammer' and more! Epic!

I was listening to a great 'Fools gold' live version from 2001/02 recently, and blown away by it. Hearing that one start up as an encore would blow my mind.

My sister will be at Herzberg tonight. On this evidence she can look forward to an amazing concert.

Devotional
                          Participant

@Punj Lizard, I've been following your beautiful transition into a full blown psychonaut, and I'm so glad you got to experience "The Wheel". I believe you've already been K9'ed, so now I just dearly hope that you get to experience "The Golden Core", "Vortex Surfer" and "Plan #1" (in order of importance). Sail on, my friend!

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@Devotional Thanks. It's been a pretty blessed journey so far, but what blows my mind is the band have been doing this for so many years already and now I've been lucky enough that I got nudged into their sphere.

I was fortunate enough to hear both The Wheel and Plan #1 in London last year, my first MP gig. I had only heard each of them maybe only a couple of times before the gig. Seeing them play The Wheel again yesterday was mind-blowing. And something one of my UK friends said was really true, it's good to see them where the appreciation is so strong. It's very lacklustre in the UK. At both Köln and Düsseldorf I could clearly see the band getting off on the energy. My plan #1 is to get back to see them in Germany hopefully next year. But before that… Drammen! :D

fillmore
                              Participant

Review from Westdeutsche Zeitung (behind pay wall).

Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

Could avoid the paywall by printing the whole page as pdf after opening. Nice little article – obvioulsy written by a fan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994