28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol

Home Forums General 28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    marc
    Participant

Today I finally wanted to get me a ticket but apparently the Dresden show is sold out! Great for the band to have such a response, but bad for me. Judging from the reports of previous shows, I didn’t rush to get one and apparently I fooled myself a bit here. …so, if you have a spare ticket flying around, please let me know! Cheers

boomer former helm
      Participant

@marc I may be able to help you with a ticket, a friend of mine cant go. Please write me to … in case you are intested. I can try it.

Oh but I am really glad for the band that they sold out Beatpol! It was not expected, as there are many other events that weekend, for instance the Heavy Psych Fest, which attracts a similar audience.

marc
        Participant

@boomer Thanks a lot for your super-swift reply! The record/ticket-store I frequent a lot told me that tickets are gone, but a friend just sent me a link where ordering online still worked. Thanks..problem solved ;-)
          Same for Berlin. Some ticket stores say sold out, but the link on motorpsycho.no still seems to offer some!

boomer former helm
          Participant

Okay thats wonderful :)

Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

@ boomer former helm: Sadly I dind’t make it to Aschaffenburg as planned and thus couldn’t look for the tour single. Which was not here in Düsseldorf as you know.
              As you’re certainly visiting the Dresden (& Berlin?) shows – could you look for me if there’s still one left at the stall?
              I’d be very grateful – even mor so as the singles are sold out at the british mailorder store. Would be extremely kind ;-)

Petri Pasanen
              Participant

Sadly the Single is sold out :-/

Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

Shit – Too late, too late…

boomer former helm
                  Participant

Lets hope that there will be more available online at some point. I also did not get one so far.

Martn
                    Participant

What? That sucks. I hoped they would spread the release a bit so that there would be some copies available at each show. Well, maybe they’ll show up on discogs for like 300 Euros …
                      Anyway, I’m still excited for the show tonight. I won’t say which songs I’m hoping for. Don’t want to jinx it. :D

Tommy
                      Participant

Real Again
                        Babylon
                        PPP
                        The Maypole
                        Patterns
                        —-
                        Sentinels
                        Arne H
                        Manmower
                        Hotel D
                        Hell 1 – 3 –> Hogwash –> Hell 3
                        Mona Lisa / Azrael
                        Entropy
                        Elbsternhammer
                        Plan #1
                        —-
                        Chariot of the sun

fillmore
                        Participant

What an amazing gig, so thoroughly mindblown! My god, how they have grown in the last two weeks, how together they are! The playing is on a whole another level now, with a natural ease but an insane thrust and attack at the same time. The main set was an infinite psychedelic trip, wild and raging Motorfloyd space jams in each number.

Beautiful acoustic set, “Babylon” radiating melancoly in its a weird and crooked beauty, so heartbreaking. “PPP” even had a little jam and some sort of new coda, also very enchanting. They nailed “Patterns”, especially the vocals, quite a feat to achieve. “Sentinels” feels like THE keeper of the new tunes, the natural opener of a main set, and it too has grown so much, this night it quickly spiraled higher and higher and even HIGHER to an INSANE burning climax (Ingvald killing it). Once inside the “Arne H”-jam I felt thrown back to the first great trio era, 1997-1999, and the height of the jam could have been cut and beamed right from the peak of any “K9” from that era. And so it continued with a sick version of “Manmower” and right into a major suprise that was the “Hell”-tour debut. When the jam was at its most powerful they seamlessly slipped into a rocking “Hogwash”, what a sick segue! Not a very long jam on “Hogwash” but rather a return to a beautiful “Hell”-reprise. Wowza! “Mona Lisa” was epic, “Entropy” a much needed breather before they just brought the house down with a far far out version of “Starhamster”. Lots of Snah on mellotron action throughout the whole show, I loved that! “Chariot” was the perfect encore, very powerful, exhausting the energy that was still left.

The trio is maybe my favourite incarnation of MP, so I am tempted to to say this was the best gig I’ve seen in a few years — maybe since the last trio gig in 2015 in Bielefeld — but it would be unfair towards to the many great gigs of the amazing tours with Tomas. Either way, this was simply AMAZING, Motorpsycho as good as they ever were. It’s hard to grasp to to get another trip like this tonight but I guess that’s what going to happen. I will stop my ramblings now and will see you all in a bit :mp:

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by fillmore.
                          suntripper
                          Participant

Wow! Sounds amazing! It is going as well as I dared to hope with Ingvald.

Just on Sentinels. It has evolved so much, I think it merits going into the studio to record it in its new incarnation. If not that, then it must get on the next Roadworks volume.

Martn
                            Participant

Yeah, yesterday was something else. I’m still trying to grasp it. Three weeks ago I was amazed by the dynamic range that came with Ingvald. However compared to yesterday that was only a glimpse. They have expanded on it and seems even more organic now.

My highlight was the Bomb Proof Fusion Jam from outer space. I saw the video of Lacuna/Sunrise in Kortrijk and was hoping for something like that. That incarnation of Arne H. was the next best thing. We need more jazz from Snah! Also Starhamster followed by Plan #1!

Sound was great as well. Only a few moments where it was almost too much, but still on the right side. I was anxious about that after the disappointment of last year (all mud). The vocal performance was probably one of the best I’ve witnessed. Great audience as well.

Yesterday right after the show I said that it was probably the best I’ve seen them since Death Defying Unicorn in Leipzig (How many years ago was that? I’m getting old). After a good night’s sleep and a look at the setlists I can’t say if I prefer Copenhagen. It’s confusing. Too many parameters. Being home and attending the show with friends and a lot of familiar faces makes for a completely different experience than being on holiday in a foreign country having to fetch a train in the night. Not better or worse, but different. I wouldn’t want to miss either. What I can say summing up the three shows is that I love this new incarnation of MP. The last years were great but this is just stellar.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994