Düsseldorf 2018

Home Forums General Düsseldorf 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant

@Punj Lizard: Oh great, we will. Some other folks will be attending as well. We will be somehow recognize us fellow Psychonauts I am sure :cheers:

mybestfriend83
      Participant

Yo what about Johnny Heartfield..? Are you going to make it..?

Punj Lizard
        Participant

Good question. It'd be good to see you again Johnny. Hope you manage to make it.

Tomcat
          Participant

There might be ppl from Cologne going back by car afterwards, not sure but I can ask if that helps.

Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

Going back from Düsseldorf is exactly the problem. Spending some time in DD before the concert is quite o.k.

I finally decided against the concert for several reasons, one of them being the 2018 setlists that up to now hardly contain any surprises and I don't think any Tower gig this year might reach the heights of last year's Cologne or Leipzig. Considering that and my momentarily scarce monetary resources I decided to go to Finkenbach Festival instead – near my old hometown Heidelberg in August.

My annual Motorpsycho gig will then most likely be Maastricht in september where the gig is free and bus tickets from Cologne available at reasonable prices.

Nevertheless I wish you a brilliant gig and a good time in Düsseldorf. Enjoy yourselves!

naur
              Participant

@Tomcat: Do you know for sure that MP begins the show at 21:30h?

Punj Lizard
                Participant

@Johnny. Sorry to hear you won't be making it. We'll miss you.

Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

But I do hope for a decenct recording. Makes it easier for me not to attend. So raise your voices (but not during the songs) ;-)

Tomcat
                    Participant

@naur: Not sure about that, it is what the booker said. Those timings can always change of course … As long as there is a support band, mp may not start playing before 9pm and not later than 10pm. In case L.M. are losing their way (or balls ;) ) you better be early though ;-)

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

I've been listening to a bit of Love Machine. The music's a bit dated but it's got a great US West Coast pysch vibe à la Jefferson Airplane et al. I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound on stage. Having said that I'd rather have three hours of MP ;)

naur
                        Participant

I hope for a Pacific Sonata. :D Anyone knows if Kristoffer Lo is with them or Reine?

mybestfriend83
                          Participant

I am too hoping for the pacific sonata. It wasnt played last time in cologne. Dont know who is on stage . Last time they played live i think reine was with them but i Dont know about this gig.. Anyway :STG: going to head for Düsseldorf in the next hours.. And it is fucking hot._._.

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

Yeah it's really fucking hot in Düsseldorf.

Another vote for A Pacific Sonata here. I saw them play it in Alkmaar and it was my favourite of the night. But my friends from UK who are with me have not seen them play it and I know one of them loves it. Fingers crossed.

otherdemon
                              Participant

@naur: I read on Lo's instagram that he's busy this week preparing for a special

gig with Ola Kvernberg. So my guess is Reine will join them today + Burg Herzberg

tomorrow.

naur
                                Participant

Or just the three. We will knew in a few hours. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994