Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Siegen:
Jesus Motherfucking Christ and his black bastard brother Rastus! Whooaaa! Best gig since Motorpsycho Cologne 2017!No setlist, sorry. But someone will supply soon – Tomcat got Kenneth’s handwritten list, though they played lots more at the end. 2 hours of mayhem!
@ Tomcat: Looks like I’m travelling with you then tommorrow.
Just tell me when I should be at Rewe Dellbrück – Mail me at
christof.koehler [at] gmx.de, I’ll give you my mobile number then. Looking forward to the gig…
Cheers!@ Un Chien d’Espace: Thanks for the offer, but I got to be in Cologne at 7.00 next morning – better return directly after the gig.
@ Tomcat: Dellbrück Rewe – alright! Unless there’s someone else going directly from Cologne and returning after the gig.
We’ll see until tommorrow or Saturday morning…
cheers!Hey Tomcat! Could you give me a lift from Cologne on Saturday?
Coulnd’t make it otherwise – trains take too long, and I got to get up early on Sunday. Would be great!
cheers!Though I share Anders’ feelings, I think it is much easier to upload and document single song files, especially in the database context.
@ Fillmore: You should have been at the Düsseldorf gig then.
Always the gig lottery with MP tours ;-)Rather short gig compared to the last two. The regular guy mostly on rhythm guitar. The drummer several decades younger.
Gibson bass played in a heavy virtuous style, sounding more like an electric amplified double bass. Lots of depths, but lacking in middle and high registers and sometimes even the motorik drive. Vocals clear and well sung, though a little to low in the mix from the lead guitarist. Great harmonies though, always in tune – probably the mostly rather simple lyrics support concentration. If you think I must talk about a parallel universe, you’re right. Though I’d liked to get in the Oldenburg gig, I was in Heerlen/NL to watch one of two Dutch Hawkwind shows this year. Good gig, but more a leasure event after two long and excellent MP shows this week.Heavy show tonight. Not as playful and psychedelic as Düsseldorf the day before. Stian smiling a little less, looking more grim in parts of the show, but still he had a lot of fun as you could see. Lady May starting rather heavy on the bass imho, but then developing towards the end. Psychotzar and Plan #1 nailing a very good rock show.
This was definitely a Reine show – first time I fully noticed his solo playing. Shah was very laidback today, concentrating on rhythm guitar for long parts of the gig. Delicate guitar solo from Reine in Magic and the Wonder, sometimes even channeling Jerry Garcia – for the deadhead at least.
@ TractorBass: You’d need a time machine then (which you surely might aquire) cause the big Pink Floyd exhibition in Dortmund is long over (been a few years) ;-)
For those interested in Renaissance painting: There’s one single picture (“Lament of Christ” aka “Die Beweinung Christi”) of one of my favourite painters, Matthis Grünewald, situated in the church of St. Peter and Alexander, the oldest church in Aschaffenburg.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Matthias_Gruenewald-Beweinung_Christi-Aschaffenburg-Web_Gallery_of_Art.jpgProbably not a main work – Grünewald’s most famous work is of course the Isenheim Altar, exhibited in Colmar (France) near Freiburg, which the MP concert there gave me an opportunity to visit: angels and daemons at play indeed!
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50723035606_9768540e33_b.jpg
And don’t forget to remind me to drop some food for any lost Motorpsycho travellers from abroad ;-)
See you all in Düsseldorf & Aschaffenburg!
Cologne 2022 and Düsseldorf 2014, closely followed by Wiesbaden 2016, with Köln and Leipzig 2017 out of contest due to official releases of substantial parts of the gigs.
-
This reply was modified 1 month ago by
Johnny_Heartfield.
Wow – Stian brings a new aspect to the old singalong stalwart!
Looking forward to this in Germany…A very solid setlist with quite a few highlights. Among them AIL – to be expected as Motorpsycho’s World Cup of cover songs winner, but very welcome. Lady May still a highlight of every recent set.
Seems they are drawing their setlists from a rather stable pool of choices at present, so probably no big surprises to be expected in Germany in september – but who knows… -
This reply was modified 1 month ago by
-
AuthorPosts