JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36338
    JERO
    Participant

:D :!: :P :!: :D :!:

in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36337
      JERO
      Participant

Hahaha, @Bernie, I wasn't being impatient, you take all the time you need to do it right! Just playing along with the game here. The results of your work will probably come very close to what I fantasized and will help me through the winter in the best way! :P

in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36335
        JERO
        Participant

Well, I guess everyone's choices depend on the concerts they attended, and although I think it's fun to speculate; no next roadworks album has been announced yet and by now we know the boys are gonna do what they wanna do, so who knows what we'll get, which is another reason why I love MP: the surprises (The Light Fantastic sure was one)!

As far as I am concerned standing here like you all at the wishing well; I'd say just publish the integral Den Haag gig as a dvd-haircuts II kinda thing, or vinyls (3 to 5) with dvd and cd kinda package like they did with the Konsert For Folk Flest !

It deserves that kind of solid documentation in my opinion.

in reply to: 2019-10-19 Den Hague, Paard #36313
          JERO
          Participant

@ffbernie; Was there a falling star,'cause this is exactly what I wished for. If I ever meet you I'll buy you unlimited beers and or bitter lemons!

in reply to: 2019-10-19 Den Hague, Paard #36307
            JERO
            Participant

@boomer former helm, I'm still feeling emotional and am trying to understand what happened (to me) this show, feel unable to explain it, but you are doing the job very well here, thank you for your post!This performance brought down the walls of Jericho, and I wish every psychonaut could have been there, and of course for MP to never stop touring ever…

in reply to: 2019-10-19 Den Hague, Paard #36302
              JERO
              Participant

I don't know what to say, this was so good, so heavy, so beautiful. Maybe the guys put in extra effort as it was the last one this tour (for a while), and everything good and Motorpsychic was extra superplus good tonight. I was crying on the way home, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Lot's of special moments in the set, maybe later I'll be able (or someone else) to report on them. Formost impressions for me tonight were Bent playing bass better than best, and electric rendition of On my pillow, which felt like heaven.Right now I need a boterham met kaas and some sleep, Later guys!

:STG:

in reply to: Motorpsycho autotuning their vocals?? #20339
                JERO
                Participant

@suntripper yargh, sometimes Bent just needs that little sip of ol'Jagermeister…But seriously, the autotuning is audible I believe, and doesn't it work like this-you still have to pretty much hit the right note for it to correct it to the desired harmony? So, it still needs effort from the singer. Still, it could be worse, some 'artists' resort to pre recorded vocals and playback the whole damn show…With the vocals of MP there seem to be good nights and bad nights, and like a lot of others said here I'm willing to accept that, while also counting on their professional attitude to keep improving on it.

Another thing about (Bent's) vocals: early on he used to sometimes sing in this raspy smokers and day-after-having-screamed-your-head-off way, which sometimes added to emotional content of a song, but as well sometimes, for me, ruined songs, example Feel on Roadworks 1 (the vinyl version). I'm glad this doesn't occur anymore these days (did he quit smoking? He used to light up cigs all the time during gigs?).

in reply to: 2019-10-18 Hengelo, Metropool #36291
                  JERO
                  Participant

A perfectly balanced setlist including some legendary oldies, Mountain, Mad Sun and The Wheel , what a night! The jamming was very spaced out and trance invoking. The Tower middle part became sort of an underwater music, reminded me of that beautiful Here Be Monsters thing, or an alternative soundtrack to 'Das Boot' ! The vocals were excellent tonight (what was I complaining about), overall sound was clear, no shredding tiredness for my ears tonight. Whip that ghost very jazzy. It was like a showcase of all MP stands for.

I guess a lot of psychonauts are musicians, and so are my brother and me, and we always get lots of inspiration from attending a Motorpsycho concert. This time during the drive back home we came up with an idea to record a cover song: In the Cave of the Mountain King, as the bro called it…now where did that come from….(we always exclusively drink bitter lemon and smoke plain tobacco) :D

in reply to: Motorpsycho autotuning their vocals?? #20328
                    JERO
                    Participant

@Suntripper; well put, I agree and am also sick and tired of the music journalists who, for decades now, have been writing "yeah uhm, they could be really great, if they fixed their singing"

And like I said earlier, sometimes the singing IS very good, but maybe it's just that when it lacks while everything else in the music works there's the risk it spoils an otherwise epic, dimension breaking rendition of a song that doesn't deserve that. As far as I'm concerned there's no shame at all in using autotune while playing live, to the extend you propose here.

And…if future technical development makes it possible, please autotune the whole audience as well! (like when you're standing next to a guy wailing along to Vortex Surfer? :?…)

in reply to: Leipzig Conne Island 16.10.2019 #36249
                      JERO
                      Participant

@dongonz; although I'm having a blast with the setlists of this tour, and think that playing a 3 hour gig this intense when you are age 50 is truly olympic, You put into words the doubt I experienced at Paradiso Amsterdam…I mean the weak points of the shredding guitars instead of the melodic guitars (not bad in it's own right but maybe a bit much these days) and, alas, that thing about the vocals. I love the voices of Bent & Snah, but in concert they sometimes make your toenails curl up. Maybe the volume on stage is the problem, I don't know. They sang audible and in tune some other gigs I attended or watched. I love the jazzy parts too, a lot. Hengelo & Den Haag coming up, preparing to get shredded twice again!

in reply to: New Music #34786
                        JERO
                        Participant

@suntripper

If it's the vinyl you're talking about get more in-sure-ants, otherwise penicilline will cure it!

(I'm sorry everyone for soiling up this thread but we need more comedy in our time…new music, anyone?)

in reply to: Hoodie "Does this text annoy" #36226
                          JERO
                          Participant

Would anyone going to the netherland gigs be willing to buy a copy for me? Sold out at Hamburg before I reached the merch table…

POSTED 5 MONTHS AGO #

And the same guy who wrote this some time ago, and of course, who wouldn't help out a fellow psychonaut, hmm?! So I was surprised maybe a week later Pitje007 boasted about owning both (vinyl color) versions of the Kosmike Reise…

I wish for him somebody will buy URANUS for him next, so he can offer it for triple the prize :x

in reply to: New Music #34784
                            JERO
                            Participant

@suntripper; did you get the orange or the speckled vinyl? Personally I can't get enough of the Reine's vintage Telecaster parts that come with the album, as one day I hope to build my own guitar out of them. Of course the secret number code of RFF is 18-6-6 which is the exact birthday (6th of June 1918) of the bandmember that produced the video you linked, and the end of the first worldwar as well (the Crucible, say no more!). But I guess this is not for the average psychonaut. I had worked my way through Deathprod's works and so now I was ready for something even further far out, something like RFF (Robert Fripp's Fidgets) :wink:

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35987
                              JERO
                              Participant

So…who else has taken up Terry Pratchett reading (again) ? Another world of creativity opening up alongside the album…DISC world….get it? :idea:

in reply to: 04-10-19 Braine-le-compte, Belgium #36170
                                JERO
                                Participant

@ffbernie; GOED WERK, MAN ! :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994