JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 04-10-19 Braine-le-compte, Belgium #36168
    JERO
    Participant

Thanks very much again, Bernie, you deserve the Nobel prize for ehm…rock video making ?! By the way I came across some of your other work and your 'lego-world'"where would we be without…(profession)" movies are so fantastically slapstick fun! Keep keepin'on! :D

in reply to: 04-10-19 Braine-le-compte, Belgium #36157
      JERO
      Participant

Thanks for the link to May Blitz, a discovery for me, one of those bands of the proto hardrock era MP seems to love so much, and getting to know so much interesting (vintage) rockbands is one of the great extra's you get by getting deeply into MP! Rock history class by professor's Bent & Snah (since 1989) ! This Belgium gig seems to have been special indeed, looking forward to some Bernie clips! What is it that makes their gigs in Belgium so special? The locations, the crowds, the weather? (don't tell me it's the fries with Belgian mayonaise)

in reply to: 1.10.2019 РDE K̦ln Gloria #36131
        JERO
        Participant

They ARE taking off like a jetplane this autumn tour!

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35982
          JERO
          Participant

You guys are talking about the two color versions of the jetplane, right? :wink:

By the way, I wish those fake MP albums in the catalogue were for real! (live in Japan)

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35975
            JERO
            Participant

Back from Paradiso-Noord, sitting on my couch and reading the "catalogue" of "MP-merchandise" that comes with the album, and doing my best not to wake up my wife, not because I'm giving the record a spin, but because of the waves of laughter erupting from reading this genius comical booklet!!!

Yes, our revered rockmeisters have a great sense of humor, and can laugh at themselves as well.

Great! :lol:

in reply to: Dear Hyperwagner Psychonauts.. #36088
              JERO
              Participant

Mr. Michael/Best Friend, the forum is a form of communication, and although I often found the texts you posted difficult to swallow, you clearly are a communicating human. And every human has a gift that makes his/her life worthwhile! I would like to say to you that I can see you have a talent for writing and expressing yourself. If this expression comes deeply from the/your 'dark side', so be it, it may not be my cup of tea, but it may well be that you are the Baudelaire (zum beispiel) of the forum! In other words: I wish for you to develop your gift, may it give you power and lust for life! respect, JERO

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35963
                JERO
                Participant

I'm just glad they make some older hard-to-purchase tracks available again through this release, and 2 new tracks very exciting of course, and then another 'official' album coming up… hohoho!

To know or not know the track-titles doesn't make a difference to our enthusiasm now does it?!

in reply to: What will they play in the upcoming tour? #35919
                  JERO
                  Participant

Well…they will play guitars, drums, mellotrons, pedals & trickboxes, sing…that's all I'm sure off, they'll probably even play doublenecks, or triplenecks this time around! But…I noticed Tomas had added a glockenspiel to his kit during spring-tour, so if they are not too bored too dead with it themselves, they might as well stun me completely with some Vortex Surfin'!!! It will be great whatever songs they pick, I'm confident. Awaiting the hour, and counting the days! :arrow: :MPD:

in reply to: 2019-05-21 Groningen VERA #35595
                    JERO
                    Participant

Big Thank you to Rene & Menno for putting this downloadable diddely on Vimeo! Apart from the words Hans-Magnus speaks on behalf of the Vera, the concert fragments make a wonderful souvenir of a fantastic night, when Shiva, the Lizard & the Alchemyst all met in MP hyperspace! So looking forward to the fall tour, have tickets for the 3 Dutch shows, and friends and neighbors coming along expecting them to convert to the only band of our lifetime…And Jonathan, hope to see you one of these dates! :MPD:

in reply to: The Other Fool #35887
                      JERO
                      Participant

Utrecht (Holland): Supersister and Groningen (Holland): Earth & Fire

JERO
                        Participant

Wow! Again another high level MP surprise, wish they would bring Lars along for the fall tour, what a fantastisk player :MPD:

in reply to: Story. Geschichte. #35809
                          JERO
                          Participant
                            in reply to: 2019.05.30 Cine Teatro Partenio, Avellino, IT #35714
                            JERO
                            Participant

Yes, great concert and nice to be able to watch it in full, but one thing here annoys me; the infamous lights-blinding-the-audience-routine, you'd think people of a venue like this would know how to light a stage…even as a video it's so distracting, so I stopped watching and just enjoyed the sound recording. And as for me, I'd seriously consider not going when I'd have to sit down for an MP concert, but I guess there's some that enjoy it quietly and some like me who just can't stop movin'and groovin'to da hardswinging wall of fuzz MP presents! So much documentation of this tour to enjoy! Thanks to everyone who contributed to making it available!

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35746
                              JERO
                              Participant

Highlights? More like a warm glowing sun in my life! the 2 gigs in the Netherlands were both great nights to remember, for so many reasons, and I guess I've already mentioned those in previous posts. This time around what made it special was that I enjoyed Tivoli side by side with my brother, who after years me feeding him MP cd's has now totally given in to acknowledging the genius of MP, especially when playing live, and shaking hands with some other addicts I'd up until now only knew from sight, and of course Vera for undergoing the sonic storms standing next to the Lizard of Punj, and having a chat afterwards. So I'd say these were social highlights this time for me.

Musically, the songs from The Crucible worked out sensationally I think, already classics within the vast MP songbook!

And yet, there's always that one magical (personal) moment of a specific MP gig that remains so dear above all (so far); for me that was Maastricht 08-2018. the beautiful summer evening of that festival night, and a concert crowned by the amazing performance of The Wheel (a first for me), the total trance, power, moodiness, unforgettable experience, which I can still relive through Bernies motorpsychedelic clip.

Now, back from Crete and after 2 weeks of abstinence, I'm so happy to find all the reports about the tour, and of course the fantastic Even More Bernie material. Have I already stated elsewhere that this band is still getting better all the time? (including Reine's contributions, which I've come to appreciate very much). :MPD:

in reply to: 2019-05-19 Tivoli Utrecht #35571
                                JERO
                                Participant

Bernie, can't thank you enough! Great quality clips, again. Uberpilgrim best vid sofar i.m.o.,

that magical fools gold, so good to be able to relive that mesmerizing feeling they brought us there, and Dreamhome so jammy with Tomas earning another gold trophy! Thanks, man! :cheers:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994