odindahle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 158 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12934
    odindahle
    Participant

You guys should really check out Sirens & Us!!

I believe they are good friends of Kenneth, and one of them went to the same school (Sund folkehøyskole) with Kenneth.

Incredible band with 2 records out. They as good as never tour, and it´s really a pity, but check them out:

http://open.spotify.com/album/0tfIIMYJLqyd34Aihun3ov

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12932
      odindahle
      Participant

Supernaut: I guess i´ll have to give it another try ;)

I usually like "growing" music best!

I really liked O´brother btw!

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12927
        odindahle
        Participant

Funny! I didn´t like the new QOTSA album at all. Gave it a spin while working, and was really disappointed!

in reply to: Hjelp en fellow psychonaut! #24337
          odindahle
          Participant

Sorry! Kommer nok til å stemme på en annen fellow psychonaut i Fred Friedstones ;)

Men lykke til da :)

in reply to: Selger/bytter Motorpsycho utgivelser #24055
            odindahle
            Participant

Pris for Timothys Monster, Blissard, AADAP, Phanerothyme, Let Them Eat Cake, Trust Us og Little Lucid Moments?

in reply to: "The tune that changed my life" #24054
              odindahle
              Participant

Heroes & Zeros talks about his favourite song/album/band; Leave It like that/Timothys Monster/Motorpsycho.

Same link!

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23921
                odindahle
                Participant

@Be: Also; musical taste is one of the most subjective things in the universe ;)

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23920
                  odindahle
                  Participant

@Be: I understand you. My favorite concert so far in my life was Motorpsycho @ the opera. But I dont think I would like the tour style, without the strings etc. And I understand that you dont like the prog stuff. My 2nd place gig is Motorpsycho @byscenen in Trondheim before TDDU. It was extraordinary. So personally I feel that TDDU is more like a side-project, because I personally don´t see many of the songs as good live-songs without the extra crew.

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23914
                    odindahle
                    Participant

Im not sure if theres a trilogy. And BH/BC does´nt really fit in anywhere. It´s kind of a random mid-era hit-spitter of different ideas and abstinence from Bent and Snah i believe. I love it, because it was the record that made me look into Motorpsycho, and expand my musical taste!! But when I look at it now, it´s not nealy a "top 5" Mp album.

If there´s a trilogy, it would be LLM, HMF and COTF, though COTF don´t really deserve to be on the same ship as the two others in my opinion.

Motorpsycho does what no one expects. And after TDDU, everyone expected them to do something new and go "even weirder", and thats mabye why they really didnt! (?) Some of the songs are somehow "straight" compared to alot of the TDDU-songs. And its really nice to hear some songs that don´t take ages to know, and like, and still have the "bigger" songs that needs times and good earphones to really get into (Hell and Ratcathcer).

in reply to: Motorpsycho performs Blissard #23801
                      odindahle
                      Participant

Would really be cool to make a real Psychonaut hangout.

Should make a Motorpsycho-festival sometime! Only Motorpsycho and MP coverbands + lots of other things!

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23903
                        odindahle
                        Participant

Be: I dont get why this album made your decision to "end your relationship" to Motorpsycho. Listening to Barleycorn (Best song on the album) and Afterglow really takes me back to LTEC and Trust Us…

I agree with marc on "Hell" being a blueprint. I feel it misses something.

Ratcatcher I really havent started to like yet. But I believe its one of those songs that need a lot of time to grow on you. Like LLM, Gullibles Travails and TDDU as a whole.

I also dont understand why some people dont like TDDU. Its a masterpiece as a whole, and it REALLY takes time to love, but when you get there, its magic!!

For me, the Kenneth-era was the perfect way to go!

My musical taste grew from BH/BC through Blissard, Demon Box and AADAP and through all the other albums.

When I then started liking "weirder" music from other bands, Motorpsycho came with LLM, which was perfect at that time! Then Heavy Metal Fruit did the same thing, before TDDU took the whole thing to a new level!

Sorry for a bit of off-topicness!

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23829
                          odindahle
                          Participant

Couple of the songs are on youtube, if you can´t wait any longer!

"The Afterglow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYWndIr6vIE

"August"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJe1SM5IJO8

in reply to: little lucid moments ltd, with t-shirt and poster #23983
                            odindahle
                            Participant

Signed (by 3 of 4 members) vinyl E.S.P by the band 22?

(Kenneth Kapstad did the drums on the record)

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO WINTER and SPRING 2013 #23341
                              odindahle
                              Participant

Im really getting stressed out now! Still no Trondheim-gig confirmed?

Byscenen would be a natural place, onsidering they´ve continuesly played there alot the last couple of years!

in reply to: Promotion Thread – Post your music here #12050
                                odindahle
                                Participant

@Drugthing

The new Monstereo record is insanely awesome!

Just listened through "Silver Lines" and "Dead Space" while playing drums along.

Awesome shit.

Got the Gullibles Travails-feeling during Dead Space, where there´s some kick ass chill jamming with guitar solo!

Didnt know this kind of music could come from Bergen. Bergensbølgen isnt really related to this music. You should live in Trondheim, where this kind of music comes from in Norway!!! ;)

-Odin

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 158 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994