gyankumar

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Hej! Does anybody knows which number to dial from Sweden or any other european country? I tried 0047 ….. but that does not work.

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18548

Wow what a fantastic idea! Motorpsychotic-Midsummer on Norways 3rd biggest lake! Sounds lovely and what a nice-price on top of it! Maybe worth travelling all the way up and than stay for the festival gig three days later.

in reply to: Concert fall 2010 #18304

Poor you! Usually one wins only once a life time…that was your chance. Thanks for the complaint!

in reply to: Leave Norway? #18285

Hej folks. For all of you wondering who Made in Sweden is. Fantastic Prog-Rock trio from (guess)Sweden. Their first record “Snakes in a hole” is a great mixture of early psychedelic rock with a big influence of jazz. Bob Dylans Lay Lady Lay is beautiful interpreted in the typical warm and sunny Made in Sweden style. Their second album “Made in England” is a true masterpiece. Bassist Bo Häggeström bass performance is remarkable and the trio plays heavy jazz influenced (Cannonball Adderly) groovy prog rock. Guitarist Georg (Joje) Wadenius is one of Swedens best known guitarists who played w. Blood Sweat & Tears. If you look at the live golden circle album you`ll find versions of Lennons – Day in my life, Zawinuels-Mercy Mercy Mercy, Henri Mancinis-Peter Gunn and Charles Lloyd-Saucery. Their last album “Where do we begin” was a cooperation with musicians from the fantastic finnish prog-rock band Tassevalan Pressidenti. Now back to Motorpsycho! Since Wadenius lives in Oslo it would be interesting to know if the musicians know each other. If you listen to Snahs guitar work on Phanerothym it could be possible that he likes Wadenius very much. All three albums are available on Swedens famous Mellotronen lable.

in reply to: Kenneth drumming for Thomas Dybdahl? #17975

Well guys, thats why Motorpsycho is still expanding after 20 years. Kapstad is smart enough to keep his projects untouched by the work with Motorpsycho. Check out this Monolithic – Black Science (RoggBif/Vendlus – 2009) and you know what I mean. Stian Westerhus is such an amazing guitar player and I hope the duo will keep on going.Besides that it`s just normal and exciting for musicians to play with other musicians and keep expanding their horizon.

Hej! Like I said it`s gonna be broadcasted on NRK2. There are many live stream programs on the net. This might work for you. http://www.wherever.tv/tv-channels/NRK-2.jsf

Good luck! Kumar

Hej

Yes, it will be shown live on NRK-TV. Hope somebody can make a recording of it and put it on DVD. Rune Grammofon is celebrating their 100 release on that festival and that means that there will be a lot of artists from the label palying live. So will PUMA, a free-jazz-rock trio, related to Supersilent. Awsome!

in reply to: MP & Supersilent articles #16702

Hej Red Mosquito!

I am going to be at both concerts and I am super excited. Be aware that the Lillestrom gig starts in time at 18.30 and that the show is sceduled for max 90 min. Thats why I go to see them at Rockefeller as well. There is a very nice pub just around the corner Rockefeller and thats where most of the crowd is hanging out before and after the concert. Friend of mine is coming from Cologne for the shows, so Im sure there will be more psychonauts travelling. Check Norwegian.no for cheap flight. See you all there

Kumar

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO TOUR – MAY 2010 #14503

Nevermind, aint easy being german!

in reply to: What`s about Hamburg 2010 ??? #16226

Hi Julia

Bremen ist doch nur einen Steinwurf entfernt und der Schlachthof bot vor zwei Jahren die Top-Adresse der Tour, wobei das Konzert in der Fabrik in Hamburg eins der schlechtesten war, die ich bisher gesehen habe (was får ein Scheiss-Sound!). Anyway I do think that they will play Hamburg before Denmark and they hopefully play in Sweden as well even though the attandence last year was emberassing! Yes it is time for some new Tour dates but there is already a blog for the Tour so lets close this one!

See you

Kumar

in reply to: 31.10.2009 Malmø, Debaser, Sweden #14324

If just somebody would come and explain to me how that all works!!???!! I have downloaded and uploaded the files and try to burn them with DVD Flick but somehow it does not work and some of the files seem to be damaged. Is there anybody out there who simply makes me a copy of the DVD and posts it??? Thanks a lot

Kumar thomas_junk@web.de

in reply to: The Christmas present from heaven (A double DVD) #15603

Hej everybody! I am not getting it, how does one download from Dimeadozen????? Even though I have an account I feel totally help and useless. So if somebody has the time and energy to explain or simply burn me a copy of the concert. I would be delighted! Thanks a lot. Kumar Mail to: thomas_junk@web.de

in reply to: The Great SETLISTS massacre! #15509

Hej Psychonauts

Great job Juergen. I would like to offer some suggestions of complition. Doesnt matter anyway must be “Didnt matter anyway” from Hatfield and the North album “Rotters club”, a brilliant Canterbury Band with Dave Sinclair from Caravan. “Rock Bottom” could be a link to Robert Wyatts (Soft Machine) second album “Rock bottom”. I wish for a long time that MP will play an early Soft Machine song, specially because of the simularities of Robert Wyatts and Bents voices. By the way…the silent way. I would love to hear the Bielefeld version of Joe Zawinuels “In a Silent way” which is not written by Miles Davis!!! Thanks for putting the pieces together. Love Kumar

in reply to: 31.10.2009 Malmø, Debaser, Sweden #14311

Hej other demon!

Great quality recording! Do you have the entire show? Would love to get a DVD copy! Greetings KUmar

in reply to: Brussels Gig #14164

Well spoken LLM! This is Brussels, the post-apocalyptic metropole and major city of the european comunity. Waiting a whole night to get the fuck out of Belgiúm last year, I experienced somebody smashing a window and crawling OUT of a shop which he obviously broke in. Yes….see you in Brussels!

Kumar

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994